JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Who's still in the closet? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/2685503-whos-still-closet.html)

Demetria October 13th, 2013 10:59 AM

Who's still in the closet?

We are waiting until about 12 weeks or so to go ahead and let the cat out of the bag to everyone else that doesn't already know. Dh posted on FB yesterday to his mom a Happy birthday from Him and I, the kids (named them one by one) and after all of the kids he put 'and the new baby' :o lol.

I made him delete it and post a new one, because I didn't want to comment Happy Birthday on it and have everyone see or start posting things to his or my page about it. Nothing is really private on FB anymore! :rolleyes:

We are going to the beach this week and that is where I will take a few 'announcement' photos!

Lots of people already know (some of my FB friends and of course some family) but with everyone else we are waiting until about 12 weeks or so....that's around 5 weeks to go!

mrsdaiwa24 October 13th, 2013 11:03 AM

Re: Who's still in the closet?

I've told a few close friends and our parents. I'm waiting until my next appointment (end of the month) before I tell my siblings. I did have to tell my principal the day that I had my scare because I needed to leave school early and needed sub coverage. I won't make an official announcement until I'm out of the first trimester though.

epsilonbeta October 13th, 2013 11:06 AM

We are waiting until around 8 weeks to tell my dad. He is ill and my mom and I don't want him to be hurt if something happens to the baby.

Everyone else we are looking around 12 weeks. We have told most of our immediate family and a few close friends so far. Just the ones that we are comfortable giving support and comfort if anything bad happens.

mommy2three October 13th, 2013 11:11 AM

We only told our 2 closest friends....we're waiting for my first ultrasound......I've had a previous ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage and because of my age I am very scared and praying everything works out.

Demetria October 13th, 2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2three (Post 27724252)
We only told our 2 closest friends....we're waiting for my first ultrasound......I've had a previous ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage and because of my age I am very scared and praying everything works out.

I hope it all works out in your favor!! Hugs! When is your 1st ultrasound?

Danielle80 October 13th, 2013 11:48 AM

We have only told my mom and my oldest daughter but everyone else will wait until either I have to change out of regular pants or 12-13 weeks whichever comes first. We had the m/c not too long ago and we told everyone and then we had to tell everyone about the loss and that was too hard. We don't want to have to do that EVER again.

3maybe October 13th, 2013 11:50 AM

I'm still "in the closet". Still letting it sink in and I'm just selfish like that...keeping things to myself & not sharing for as long as possible. :p

TiggersMommy October 13th, 2013 12:48 PM

I've told a few close friends, my mom, and my sister. Only the people I'd seek support from if something were to go wrong. I may have to tell my boss soon if m/s rears its ugly head. Everyone else is going to have to wait until we make the big announcement over Thanksgiving.

AllyTales October 13th, 2013 02:13 PM

Mostly in the closet! I've told my parents, in-laws and best friends.

I'm waiting to tell FB and the rest of the world for a bit, though I haven't decided when. 12 weeks, maybe? It's been hard not to shout it out, though.

epsilonbeta October 13th, 2013 02:17 PM

Ally, I'm with you on how hard it is not to shout it out! It's our first and a lot of people know we've been trying. We told my MIL she was not allowed to tell any of her friends so she ended up telling a random person at the store because she had to tell someone >_<

chrysalis1 October 13th, 2013 02:58 PM

It's not hard at all for me not to tell anyone! I am just too terrified about something going wrong. I can't imagine what it would be like to deal with everyone asking what happened. On the other hand DH wants to tell people, but he is respecting my wishes and understands where I'm coming. We have our first sono in nine days when I will be almost eight weeks, I am praying we see a heartbeat and everything is fine so we can tell family!!

pixie23 October 13th, 2013 03:05 PM

Mostly in the Closet! I have suffered 3 pregnancy losses so I don't wanna spill the beans just yet. I wanna wait till after first trimester. But, I have told a few close friends, family and SO! :)

moxiemommie October 13th, 2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demetria (Post 27724255)
I hope it all works out in your favor!! Hugs! When is your 1st ultrasound?

I second this ^^ So sorry for your loss. I hope this pregnancy goes smooth<3

We havent told "anyone" natalie and chrissy arent anyone and I kind of slipped it out to them, but their lips are totally sealed, because they know our "big anouncement" will be on thanksgiving. (my two bffs from jr high lol- I wasnt even supposed to tell them!!!)My MIL will likely be here, and my mom of course, my dad may not be able to come thanksgiving, if not we will call my dad and brians dad. Then the public fb post, and leave the rest to gossip, my dad, mom, mil and fil, will tell everyone else lol.

rabbitranch October 13th, 2013 04:40 PM

We've only told the kids, no one else knows yet. Waiting to tell everyone until after the first u/s in 2 weeks, although I *might* tell my closest friend before that. Haven't made up my mind yet.

Txhopeful October 13th, 2013 05:12 PM

I want to hear a hb before telling! If so, then we will tell at Thanksgiving...at almost 12 weeks :).

RunningMommyTo5 October 13th, 2013 05:21 PM

We haven't told anyone yet. With this being a huge surprise, we are waiting until at least 8 weeks to tell family, probably out of the first tri to tell everyone else. We may even wait until 16-18wks when we find out the gender before go "public". I'm thinking Thanksgiving will be a fun time to tell the family, but I would be well out of the first tri by then and my family will be upset I kept the news so long. We'll see :) I'm excited to tell, but I want to get the first U/S before we do.

momRT October 13th, 2013 06:00 PM

So far we've only told a few close friends and my brother (BD and him are best friends) we'll probably tell his family soon since they'll be excited and Justin tells his mom everything! I'm waiting until after my first ultrasound to tell my parents, which will be mid-November.

Caitlin October 13th, 2013 06:27 PM

We are waiting to hear a HB, should be in the next few weeks. Next week we are taking fall family photos and a REALLY cute announcement photo.

Justjessie October 13th, 2013 06:59 PM

We had discussed keeping it a secret this time but A. My husband lasted until he opened his car door at work (all of 20 minutes) and told everyone and B. I'm showing.

I lost a baby a few years back and I was glad people knew...a lot of people thought I was nuts telling before 12 weeks but then when I lost it people were understanding. And I got a lot of support from friends who I didn't even know had lost children. I would rather people know and acknowledge, so we blab ASAP =)

lilsuma October 13th, 2013 10:53 PM

sometime after 13 weeks ill share the news