JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/)
-   -   I Don't Belong Here... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/2685842-i-dont-belong-here.html)

LiaMarie October 14th, 2013 06:48 PM

I Don't Belong Here...

...but because you ladies have already received your Bfp's, I assumed this would be a safe place to ask. :)

I believe that I am currently on cycle day 37 and am 15 days past ovulation. I tested on 11, 13, and 14 dpo and received the dreaded solitary line--BFN's on all of them.

At the most, my cycle typically runs 33 days, so I believe I may be four days late. (I did a terrible job of temping, but I did use OPKs this cycle.)

If I am not getting a positive result, is it safe to say I'm out this month? Or did you receive multiple negative tests before getting your positive? At what dpo did you finally receive your positive?

I am brand new to this site and am hoping this is not a common, stupid question. I'm also hoping I'm not posting in the wrong place. I just hoped that (because you're mommies yourselves) you'd be able to give me some insight. ANY at all is appreciated!

Thank you! :)

Demetria October 14th, 2013 07:33 PM

Re: I Don't Belong Here...

Hi! I recieved a bfn at about 10dpo and then waited a 3 days and re-tested and got a good line on a frer and faint lines on a cheapy. But my cycle is only 28 days, so you may be ok to keep testing!! I would always keep testing until AF showed! I hope you get your BFP soon!

Also, check in with the ladies on the TTC board, tremendous help there!!

bluewren October 15th, 2013 03:19 AM

I would not call you out until AF shows. My BFP was at 11DPO but I've heard about ladies not getting a BFP until much later. I hope you get your BFP soon!!

I also agree that the ladies over at the TTC board are awesome! :)

moxiemommie October 15th, 2013 04:49 AM

Im the same way, My cycles run an average of 32days (but have also come at 31d, and 33 days) My period was due sept 23-24 and just didnt come, I ovulated the 11th and tested positive 17dpo and got a BFP- sept 28th. So that would mean I got preg around the 7th, because I usually dont test positive until 3 weeks preg on the cheapy tests. (Iknow my siggy says Im seven weeks, but they count from your last period, even if you put the day of conception, Im really only five weeks from time of conception So I agree with the girls ^^ you arent out until aunt flo arrives. Hopefully you will get your BFP soon!!!! :D

oh I should add that if I had gotten pregnant on ovulation, it would not have showed up, until 3 weeks from time of conception, so I would have probably had to wait until 21dpo to get a BFP

AllyTales October 15th, 2013 05:00 AM

I got my positive at 12dpo, a few days before my period was due. But I have 27/28 day cycles so shorter. If yours are typically 33 and you're on 37, I wouldn't count yourself out yet. Good luck!!

mrs_zipre October 15th, 2013 06:22 AM

I got an evap really early in my 2 week wait, so I tested every other day. BFNs until the actual day of my missed period and it was a squinter at best. Then 2 and 3 days after my missed period it was obvious BFPs. Is your cycle a consistent number of days?

Wish44 October 15th, 2013 06:26 AM

At 10 DPO, I had a [I]very very[I] faint line show up after the the 3 minutes. I was unsure of the result, but I got an obvious positive at 11 DPO. FRERs are definitely the most sensitive tests, so while other tests may be negative, an FRER could be positive. I had 28-29 day cycles, so I would say you are not out yet with a longer cycle.

AtomicMama October 15th, 2013 06:29 AM

I didn't test postive until well over a week (almost 2 weeks) after I was expecting my period. You're not out yet :)

LiaMarie October 15th, 2013 04:37 PM

Can I just tell you that this has been the most welcoming, helpful board I have come to? I am so appreciative. Really. You ladies are a blessing.
I got another BFN this morning. My cycle typically never varies from 31 days, but I opted to give this one 33 days since I wanted to be on the safe side. That would make me due for a period 10-1. I suppose I could have just ovulated later! I'm just bummed. I go in for blood work Friday, though I'm hesitant to believe I'm pregnant at this point. Every BFN feels like a slap. Ugh.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You're great!

Demetria October 15th, 2013 05:29 PM

I can totally relate to the BFN slaps!! Hopefully all goes well at your appt Friday! Good luck! :)

LiaMarie October 15th, 2013 06:53 PM

Well AF just showed up. I won't be joining this birth month board. :( Good luck on all your pregnancies, ladies! Praying for beautiful, healthy babies for you!