JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Insomnia... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/2688136-insomnia.html)

JackieV October 24th, 2013 10:59 PM

Insomnia...

Anyone else having this issue? I am around 5 weeks and am exhausted. In bed by 9:00 pm. Wake up around midnight to pee and can't fall back asleep and need to be up by 5:30 am.

I'm hoping it's just my brain working, worrying. I have my first ultrasound nov6. Still almost 2 weeks away :/. Hopefully that appointment will be good so I can stop thinking and sleep!

Took one of the week estimator tests, since I still have a bit of a wait, and it said 3+ weeks, after 2-3 weeks result last Friday. So that's a plus. Maybe that'll make it so I at least get a few more hours tonight...

mrsdaiwa24 October 25th, 2013 03:18 AM

Re: Insomnia...

That happens to me too. I just try to lay in bed as calmly as possible and rest -- getting myself worked up about not falling asleep will just make it worse. I'm usually up for at least an hour when my little "bouts" hit. I hate it. :(

JackieV October 25th, 2013 06:11 AM

I'm truly trying! Just nervous that something will go wrong before my ultrasound. Guess I just need to relax and let it be. I can't control it anyway....

AtomicMama October 25th, 2013 06:20 AM

Lots of hugs!! Try to relax :) Remember, your odds are so much higher that everything will be perfect :heart:

momma_me October 25th, 2013 09:33 AM

that definitely happens to me!!! I just can't seem to fall back asleep - then when I do.. I have to get up to pee again!!! I also find that I wake up at about 5am and then fall back asleep right when the alarm goes off! I wonder if its nerves or if I am just thinking too much

:bedbug:

moxiemommie October 25th, 2013 09:40 AM

Yes! I completely understand, I have insomnia anyways, Ive had it honestly since I was about 3. But pregnancy makes it SO much worse. For two weeks kept waking up at 245 -3am and staying up. I usually get up at 4. But the passed two days Ive been sleeping in. I am usually asleep by 9-930 but we go to be at 8 (hubs has to be up early for work) I usually get up at 4 w him, make his lunch, get some mommy time and start cleaning, but lately I sleep until 630-7. By then both kids are awake. You can take tylenol pm for it, -as long as you check with your dr. But I try not to take any meds unless Im really in pain.

2bigboys October 25th, 2013 11:48 AM

Yes. All three pregnancies. In fact, having insomnia was one of the reasons I took a test at 3.5 weeks. Mine always goes away after the first trimester.

njkatc October 25th, 2013 12:00 PM

I've got it too. Totally related to my anxiety too. I hate it. I have been trying to read until I can't keep my eyes open when I start to stress and watch the clock.

Summerthyme October 26th, 2013 09:13 AM

YES!!! I am having the worst insomnia. I feel exhausted and can't wait to climb into bed and then I just lay there! If I do manage to nod off I wake up an hour or two later wide awake. Last night I went downstairs and started working at 11:30pm. It makes waking up with the kids at 6am pretty rough. I never had insomnia with my first two pregnancies.

JackieV October 26th, 2013 01:20 PM

Well I guess I'm not alone here! I think getting up to pee has a lot to do with it. Then, I can't get so forgave and then y brain starts turning and the worry/anxiety flares up! I just hope after my first ultrasound I'll be able to be a little calmer knowing that this little one is growing as they should :)

MamaFish October 28th, 2013 06:13 AM

Unisom is supposed to be safe during pgcy. At least it used to be... Wal-Mart has a generic available for $4/30 pills.