JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/)
-   -   c-section scar pain? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/2689844-c-section-scar-pain.html)

rabbitranch November 2nd, 2013 02:36 PM

c-section scar pain?

If you've had a prior c-section, are you experiencing any unusual pains around your scar area now that baby is growing bigger?

This is my first time dealing with a c-section scar in pregnancy and mostly it's been okay. Today I was carrying my sleeping son around (he's about 35 pounds) at a 4-H event and suddenly it felt like my scar was ripping open - not pleasant! I'm guessing maybe it was an adhesion separating? Hoping that won't happen very often!

Demetria November 2nd, 2013 02:46 PM

Re: c-section scar pain?

I had my 1st C-section with my last pregnancy. Its not painful around the scar area but I have noticed where my little bump is growing my belly feels a bit numb there. My scar is very very low. I am amazed that its barely even noticeable! I was worried that as I grow bigger it may start to hurt or get a little sore.

MommaHarvey November 2nd, 2013 03:14 PM

I get a sharp pain around mine from time to time, but mostly it's numb or itchy. When I get bigger it will. Hurt a little if it's anything like last time.

krista77 November 2nd, 2013 09:07 PM

I've had 2 previous Csections, I also feel the same pain. Pressure, tugging, tearing, sharp pains. I've read that is normal and the more you have had you will get those "twinges".

jjustice12 November 3rd, 2013 09:30 AM

Yea ive had 4 c-sections. For the most part mine doesn't bother me, but it is numb an it does itch sometimes. Way ince in awhile itll feel like its tearing but not too bad.

mrsdaiwa24 November 3rd, 2013 12:33 PM

I had a c-section but I haven't noticed any pain. I'm sorry to see that it's bothering all of you -- hope it goes away soon (and hoping that it doesn't happen to me!).

RunningMommyTo5 November 4th, 2013 07:38 AM

I've had 4 sections, and this is also the first pregnancy I've noticed some uncomfortableness around my scar area. It's mostly tightening, pulling, and some tenderness, but I wouldn't say it's painful. I'm sure it's normal since the more sections you have, the more scar tissue is there and there's less give and elasticity as the belly grows. However, if it's truly painful, I would probably just call and let your drs know. If something did separate, they may want to check it via U/S and make sure nothing needs to be fixed. Hope you don't experience it again!

RhiettaP November 4th, 2013 01:39 PM

I've had 4 previous c/s's and right now...I don't have any pain. I can't remember any significant pain from my last pregnancies either. Guessing it might be scar tissue.