JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Update from beta and ultrasound (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/2689880-update-beta-and-ultrasound.html)

Grace November 2nd, 2013 07:32 PM

Update from beta and ultrasound

Been a bit MIA lately, I had my what was suppose to be last beta on Thursday (26 dpo) and it came back at 20,400 not as high as I hoped but still a 51 hr doubling time which is okay and progesterone was 23 which is also good. I then went for my u/s and this time I went to a different place since I had switched ob's. I was suppose to be 5 weeks 5 days that day, I charted and was pretty sure about dates, I was very excited as I had seen my dd's hb at 5 weeks 5 days it was 96 bpm so I was hopeful to see this one that day as well. She put the probe in for 2 minutes, long enough to say yep theres a sac in the uterus, it measure 5 weeks 2 days, no fetal pole, no hb, but there is a yolk sac... the end. I was pretty worried as this was not where it should measure, she explained that maybe it didn't implant right away, so then I explained with that measurement I would have been 6 dpo when I got my bfp... before it even implanted. We left there and I called my prior ob who had me come in right away, she did another u/s which was abdominal on an older machine and she measured the sac at 5.3-5.4 weeks, a little better and then she had more labs drawn. The next day I seen the lab results from her office (a different lab that the regular one I use) progesterone was 26.80 but the email said hcg was in the 18,000's, I replied that this means in dropped by 2k in a few hours, but they seem to think it's not a drop in hcg but a difference in labs and machines. So now I am in limbo, didn't see much on u/s, she said the yolk sac is promising, then the weird hcg numbers from the ob office. Next ultrasound is Thursday to figure out how this is going. So nervous, but it's not in my hands. This morning was the worst ms I had yet in this pg, I only ever had a bit of ms with #1 and that didn't last long, the rest of the pg's were basically symptom free, a little gaggy with the last baby but this one had me feeling awful since 8 dpo and today was the worst, I'm taking that as a very good sign. So there's my novel and the reason why I've been MIA, just sitting back for a bit until we see what happens on Thursday. One day I am so hopeful thinking about the yolk sac and how my ob said the sac was round and perfect and she was optimistic, but then I think about that 2k difference in hcg numbers and become unsure again. Thanks for reading.

Justjessie November 2nd, 2013 07:37 PM

Re: Update from beta and ultrasound

I'm sorry about all the uncertainty and the worry! That being said, my OB wouldn't even have worried about seeing that at as far along as you are...he wouldn't even have TRIED for a h/b until over 6 weeks.

I had two u/s with Jessica, a week apart, and the second one measured her a week EARLIER than the other one did. Difference in techs and machines =)

I know it's hard to hang on until then but the fact that you feel like crap is actually really good =)

Grace November 2nd, 2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justjessie (Post 27774443)
I'm sorry about all the uncertainty and the worry! That being said, my OB wouldn't even have worried about seeing that at as far along as you are...he wouldn't even have TRIED for a h/b until over 6 weeks.

I had two u/s with Jessica, a week apart, and the second one measured her a week EARLIER than the other one did. Difference in techs and machines =)

I know it's hard to hang on until then but the fact that you feel like crap is actually really good =)

Thank you, I hope it's a good sign. No my ob wasn't hoping for a hb, the ultrasound this early is mandatory for me once my hcg numbers get to a certain point to make sure it's in the uterus because of my risk of ectopic. I had a tubal reversal 3 years ago and because of that I am at a higher risk. I was the one hopeful for a hb since we seen my daughters at 5.5 weeks. Honestly the u/s wouldn't have made me too worried until the weird second set of beta numbers came in that day. That really stressed us out. We will see what happens Thursday.

mrsdaiwa24 November 2nd, 2013 08:22 PM

Always remember, the u/s dating isn't always exact. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your little bean!!!!!

:dothug:

Marissa's Mommy November 2nd, 2013 11:07 PM

Aww sorry that you are going through this. Hope this next week flys by for you and you get a clearer picture of what is going on. Are they going to do another HCG in the meantime?

AllyTales November 3rd, 2013 02:55 AM

So sorry you're in limbo, that must be both frustrating and nerve wracking. You and baby are in my thoughts, and I hope all will be ok!

Demetria November 3rd, 2013 05:49 AM

Fingers crossed!!! I can't imagine your frustration with the difference in numbers, I hope next Thursday brings you great news!! Hugs!

Mel S November 3rd, 2013 07:07 AM

I'm so sorry you're going through this!

The waiting for an answer is the hardest part - I hope you get some solid good news shortly. :)

moxiemommie November 3rd, 2013 07:17 AM

Exactly, us arent always exact, esp in early pregnancy. Sorry you are going through this, it must be frustrating.. Hopefully you get more helpful results on on thursday.

susie_q November 3rd, 2013 11:25 AM

I'm so sorry you're in limbo with all this. Lots of hugs your way and hopefully in the next week or so things will look more promising. Maybe it really is a difference in machines like the dr said.

AtomicMama November 4th, 2013 06:38 AM

Oh goodness! I'm so sorry that you are in limbo! I do think it's very promising that your doctor doesn't seem concerned, even about the potential drop in hcg numbers. I'm praying that everything works out and you get amazing news on Thursday!

EllaKittson November 4th, 2013 06:57 AM

I hope it all works out!! Hugs!

Wish44 November 4th, 2013 07:04 AM

:dothug: I'm hoping all goes well for you. KUP!

RunningMommyTo5 November 4th, 2013 09:02 AM

*hugs* I'm so sorry. I know this is making you so anxious and nervous. I'm praying for you and your baby right now!

BuckeyeGal23 November 4th, 2013 09:32 AM

I'm sorry to see this. With a previous pg the u/s tech told me the hb usually shows up within 3 days of the yolk sac appearing. I hope Thursday is good news for you!

jayepink November 4th, 2013 09:56 AM

I did learn that hcg counts can differ between labs. I would've never thought this, but my ob's nurse told me this a few weeks ago.

Grace November 4th, 2013 12:21 PM

Thanks ladies! Next ultrasound Wednesday afternoon, we should know what's going on in a couple days.

RunningMommyTo5 November 6th, 2013 12:18 PM

Is today U/S day? I'm thinking of you. Please update us when you can!!!

Demetria November 6th, 2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningMommyTo5 (Post 27781835)
Is today U/S day? I'm thinking of you. Please update us when you can!!!

:ditto:

HopefulMommy81 November 6th, 2013 02:52 PM

Hope you're getting good news today!