JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Vent (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/2690019-vent.html)

Fall November 3rd, 2013 07:51 PM

Vent

So today my niece turned 4. Our house was the location of her party! First a friend in front if everyone asked me if I was pregnant. Then my mother and her 50 questions not minding her own business. So I snapped on her! I was holding my shirt down while I bent over my maturity pants wouldn't show. Then my brother pulled me to the side and asked if I was pregnant again and said I'm gaining weight in one area. I told him no but thanks for pointing out that I'm getting fat! My hormones are getting the best of me! DH thinks its my fault for my mothers 50 questions...ummm how about the fact that my boobs have gotten huge again and I've got a bump going on that he won't admit to!! I'm not sure I can wait till 12 weeks to tell everyone that yes we are pregnant and it's two not just one! I want to punch someone!!! Overwhelming day with a house full of four year olds. Cleaned all morning only for my sister to not follow through and I clean the mess up! I am looking forward to just sitting maybe falling asleep on the couch!

I'm sorry ladies I feel like this is the place that I can vent and that knows hey I'm pregnant!!

mrsdaiwa24 November 3rd, 2013 08:30 PM

Re: Vent

I'm sorry! People were way out of line at the party. I don't blame you for wanting to punch someone. Will you be seeing them much in the next few weeks? Can you hide the babies a bit longer?

Britt3 November 4th, 2013 06:00 AM

((((hUGS)))) I'm sorry people are being a pain! It is definitely no fun! :(

Jessica121706 November 4th, 2013 06:38 AM

O my you are a much better person than I am cause I likely would have punched someone

moxiemommie November 4th, 2013 06:43 AM

Thats so rude that she didnt help you clean the house! Its one thing for people to notice your belly and pull you aside, but as for your friend and your mother, that is frusterating! I would have been more pissed off at your sister though... you have a party for her baby and then she sticks you with not only the preparation, but the cleaning as well!!!??? Rude. We are having our sons bday party at my friends house because its closer to friends and family and Im helping her set up and take down/clean. I cant imagine how she could just stick you with it...

AtomicMama November 4th, 2013 06:58 AM

I'm sorry it was so frustrating!! Are you hiding the pregnancy for any reason in particular? (Just wondering! I know there are tons of reasons!) If you would feel more comfortable telling people, maybe sit DH down and let him know that it's just making things harder for YOU this way.

And I'm sorry that your sister didn't help you clean at all. That would drive me batty.

Fall November 4th, 2013 08:56 AM

It is very upsetting that she said she'd help and then didn't! She moved an hour away asked to have it at my house so family and friends could make it then comes in and just decorates. It's one thing to pull me to the side and ask but in front of everyone is a bit disrespectful!! We are waiting to say anything because I've had four miscarriages ranging between 8weeks and 11weeks. We had thought before at around 9weeks that the following week we'd tell and a few days later I miscarried. So we want to make it to or past 12weeks before we spill the beans.

AtomicMama November 4th, 2013 08:58 AM

I completely understand, I'm so sorry, Autumn :(

RunningMommyTo5 November 4th, 2013 09:01 AM

I'm so sorry!!!! WTheck is wrong with people???? Even if they suspect, it's still not something you ask someone. You should always wait for them to break the news to you. There are so many reasons people wait to tell, or you could just be dead wrong about it. I will never understand why some people feel it's ok to back people into a corner with this. It's YOUR news, you should be free to keep it to yourself as long as you like or share it when YOU are ready. It's none of anyone's business until you decide to tell. And, the not cleaning, that's just downright uncalled for. How in the world do you use someone else's house and just not clean when it's done? I'm so sorry you've had a rough weekend. *hugs*

Demetria November 4th, 2013 09:24 AM

Your feelings are totally valid!! I hope you are feeling better, she could have at least did you the courtesy of pulling you aside and asking instead of blurting it out in front of everyone. I know how frustrating being put into the family spotlight can be. :(