JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Can't hide it anymore... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/2690095-cant-hide-anymore.html)

Britt3 November 4th, 2013 08:08 AM

Can't hide it anymore...

Well, we went to my SIL's baby shower on Saturday and saw most of my BF's family there. They have been hounding us about having kids for awhile, and knew that we were maybe looking into it in the next couple years but that was it. My BF's cousin (he's very close to his cousins, they're more like siblings to him) came up to us and blatantly asked when we would be trying. My BF just said, "I'm tired," and we both kinda laughed. lol. She looked me in the eyes, looked at my belly, and looked back at me and said, "Britttttttany... come on... just tell us...." Oh boy! We would have told them right then and there except we were at a baby shower, and I did NOT want it to come out that day.

Then, yesterday, my BF's uncle told him, "She's pregnant. She looks pregnant.. just admit it.. is she pregnant???"

I've been trying to wear hoodies, coats, cover ups, etc.. but apparently it's not all working. We were planning on telling them this weekend anyways, but it looks like we might just spill the beans this week! lol.

mrs_zipre November 4th, 2013 08:28 AM

Re: Can't hide it anymore...

Exciting that you are going to tell, but sorry that people are hounding you. At least they all sound excited!

AtomicMama November 4th, 2013 08:51 AM

Aw! I'm glad they are all so excited for you :) Hopefully you can keep you secret for a little longer so they don't ruin your surprise :)

Fall November 4th, 2013 09:00 AM

How exciting. Sounds like you'll have an amazing support system! I completely understand not wanting to let it out in the middle of someone else day!

Demetria November 4th, 2013 09:04 AM

Thats so cute! Are you going to do some clever announcement or just come out and tell everyone?

Britt3 November 4th, 2013 09:18 AM

I wanted to do something really cutesy.. but my BF isn't that type, so he hasn't been a good help with ideas. lol. I still wouldn't mind it except we are running out of time.. I can't think of anything- any ideas??

I know with my family we will just tell them when they travel here for my son's bday party this weekend.. Nothing fancy, because they're not going to be excited, but just tell them, and get through the weekend. LOL.

With my BF's family, it's going to be more exciting so I thought it'd be fun to tell them in a more fun way!

mrsdaiwa24 November 4th, 2013 10:52 AM

I'm sorry! I hate that people think they have the right to force you to admit your pregnancy status, just to prove that they're right. :(