JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/)
-   -   What's for dinner, how did you fare? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/2690219-whats-for-dinner-how-did-you-fare.html)

mrs_zipre November 4th, 2013 04:10 PM

What's for dinner, how did you fare?

What did you have for dinner? How did you fare?

I was seriously craving a Dutch Apple pie, so I went to the store and bought a frozen you-bake one. Made tacos, made it to the last two bites when my stomach said no more. Got my son ready and put down in bed then had a glorious slice of pie.

JackieV November 4th, 2013 04:56 PM

Pizza rolls :( it was the only thing that sounded appetizing ..... *sigh*

momRT November 4th, 2013 05:05 PM

Re: What's for dinner, how did you fare?

I still haven't decided what to do for the kids, probably grilled cheese and soup. My poor kids have only gotten a few real meals since the exhaustion and nausea hit. I've been wanting Chinese food for days now, but I called to order it and the only place in town is closed :(

epsilonbeta November 4th, 2013 05:29 PM

Clam chowder in a bread bowl.

I've been starving today now that I have finally found the right combination of meds to keep food down. So far I seem to be managing okay.

Social Halfwit November 4th, 2013 05:31 PM

My DF is making a breakfast casserole and I haven't eaten it yet but I hope it does okay. Smells good.

Justjessie November 4th, 2013 05:56 PM

I had sugar snap peas as a snack with the intention to also have a piece of my famous homemade pumpkin pie that I just made with fresh pumpkins FROM SCRATCH when Storm decided peas were NOT okay...I'm sick and starving and I want something other than ginger tea and saltines but those are the only things that aren't making me puke =(

Food is no longer fun =( I posted on facebook that this child is probably a boy (because I girl wouldn't deny me pie like this) and the kid is probably going to be an annoying personal trainer like Richard Simmons. Every time I open the fridge he'll come out in 80s short shorts yelling at me.

RunningMommyTo5 November 4th, 2013 06:00 PM

I had a grilled cheese and chips....yep....bland and completely unhealthy, but it was the only thing I could stomach. The kids had PB, honey, and banana sandwiches with broccoli. I couldn't manage to fix them anything else tonight. Good thing is they love them, happily eat them, and don't complain about me not cooking. The smell of the broccoli cooking about made me lose it. I just cannot cook anything at all right now.

rabbitranch November 4th, 2013 06:20 PM

Homemade macaroni and cheese, I had a small serving. Was still full from all the cereal earlier :blush:

jjustice12 November 4th, 2013 06:52 PM

I made homemade beef stew. Made it til i had about 3 bites an gagged. So i hurried to lay down now im layin here prayin it stays down.

mrsdaiwa24 November 4th, 2013 07:05 PM

Baked spaghetti with a crescent roll crust. Wasn't super hungry, but I think that was more from having the beginnings of a cold than being preggo.

Fall November 4th, 2013 07:07 PM

I had a chicken sandwich!

Beeker November 4th, 2013 09:50 PM

Dh made names ziti. It was great! So far it likes me.

AllyTales November 5th, 2013 04:59 AM

We had Shepherd's pie last night.
Tonight we are getting take out. I have a bad cold, I don't feel good :( I don't wanna cook.

bluewren November 5th, 2013 05:11 AM

Baked ravioli and a garden salad. I had small portions of each. Eating in general makes me feel bleh but not eating makes me feel even worse. :P

Demetria November 5th, 2013 05:55 AM

I didn't have anything. :(

AtomicMama November 5th, 2013 06:05 AM

I made the kid's grilled cheese and apples. Then I told DH that the only thing that sounded good was Taco Bell (which I normally don't like at all), so he got us take out. It tasted great, but it didn't stay down.

Mel S November 5th, 2013 06:09 AM

We went to a friend's parents place for dinner to celebrate our friend's birthday.

We had butternut squash soup, garden salad, lasagna, peas and ice cream...it was tasty, but it was the first evening that food was presented to me and I thought I may puke.

My issue lately is whatever tastes good one day seems like a horrible idea the next....I'm running out of easy meal ideas.

Britt3 November 5th, 2013 06:21 AM

We had dinner with my BIL and SIL: my BIL made homemde meatballs and we had meatball subs. It was good, but I was SO thirsty that I drank SO much water and barely ate a thing because I was full from drinking like a camel. lol. However- I'm on this grilled cheese like it's my job, and have been eating it for breakfast. lol.

susie_q November 5th, 2013 08:57 AM

I had ceaser salad and tomato soup from cosi. The tomato soup was soooo good.

moxiemommie November 5th, 2013 09:23 AM

Its lunch right now... okay well its 9:20 am, so not really lunch but I already I ate breakfast and Im starving (a donut) lol So I made box pasta and added some roasted chicken (the one thats already cooked at the grocery store) and its good. The kids are eating and not talking so thats always a good sign LOL. Tonight Im making a mashed potato bake. DF will be very happy with that!