JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Help me get out of this!!!!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/2692634-help-me-get-out.html)

moxiemommie November 15th, 2013 01:23 PM

Help me get out of this!!!!!

Okay ladies I need a good excuse so I dont have to spill the beans early. I mean I know Brians moms mouth is shut until thanksgiving but my mom likes to talk, alot. It will not be a surprise if she finds out! (plus I really wantto get my AFP results- the first set anyways before I tell anyone so we can make sure baby is well) Anyways my mom won a case of red wine at a raffle yesterday! (yes a CASE) Its Syrah, and she said" You like Syrah, dont you?" "And I said yes (because she knows I do) but it depends on the winery" And she replied " Well its a whole case so we can use it in cooking and I'll gift a few bottles for Christmas, we can try it tonight and you can tell me what you think." I immediatly switched to "yelling" at the kids - just telling them to go put their plates in the sink, dont get into the catfood, who wants to watch mickey or who wants to help mommy fold laundry LOL
But seriously how do I get out of this!? Its pay day so maybe Brian will take us out for dinner and we wont be home. But if we are... Idk, do I fake sick? I can probably vomit if I have to... LOL!!!!:shhh:

Missymoos November 15th, 2013 01:58 PM

Re: Help me get out of this!!!!!

I used the heartburn excuse to forego wine during dinners with familt and friends - just told them that I've had really bad heartburn and my doctor recommended cutting out acidic foods and drinks for a while to see if that helped.

Demetria November 15th, 2013 02:07 PM

I would fake a sick night! :lol:

Britt3 November 15th, 2013 02:08 PM

I just poured my own drinks (like a soda once) and said I had rum in it, but I didn't. lol. I'm not sure how you could lie about wine though!! :(

Fall November 15th, 2013 02:20 PM

You could claim you have a uti and can't drink while on the antibiotics. Or just any type of infection and because of the medicine your not able to par take at the moment. We went out with friends that invited us I just had soda but said it ws a rum and coke when asked.

moxiemommie November 15th, 2013 03:07 PM

I actually think Im gonna go with the UTI idea, if she asks me to drink again. I have the afp testing today so thats a great cover!!!

Johnsgirlsx3 November 15th, 2013 03:41 PM

Lol oh my!! I like Fall's idea! (())

mrsdaiwa24 November 15th, 2013 04:55 PM

Good luck!

Having a bad headache could be a good excuse too!

Marissa's Mommy November 15th, 2013 07:36 PM

Sounds like the stomach flu is coming on. But you can't use that excuse for more than a few days. Good luck!