JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Girl name.. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/2699106-girl-name.html)

JoannaEvelyn06 December 19th, 2013 04:05 PM

Girl name..

So, we find out on the 26th what kind of baby I'm baking.... and since we already have a boy name picked out, I'm desperately trying to find a girl name I love.

When I was pregnant with my DD, the first name I picked was Lillian Grace - Lillian was my grandmother's name. Well, I ended up naming my DD Moriah Evelyn (Evelyn is my middle name, and also my other grandmother's first name).

Figured I'd used Lillian Grace on my next girl.... except my brother's wife had a girl 2 years ago.. and SHE USED THAT NAME!!!

So, now I have to find a new one I love.

I'm currently milling about Charlotte, with the nickname of Charley. Charley is sentimental because my grandfather's name was Charles and everyone called him Charlie.

Also, considering Annalee - Anna is the last half of mine and my BFF's name and Lee is my BFF's middle name.

Both would have the same middle name -

Charlotte Elizabeth
Annalee Elizabeth

Thoughts?

Johnsgirlsx3 December 19th, 2013 04:09 PM

Re: Girl name..

Either one is very good! I am leaning toward Annalee though!

Justjessie December 19th, 2013 04:12 PM

I like Annalee!!!!

MarchMom2007 December 19th, 2013 04:22 PM

Both are definitely beautiful. I do love Annalee though!

mrsdaiwa24 December 19th, 2013 04:54 PM

Charlotte Elizabeth. :) I love, love, love Charlotte. It would have been a front runner for us but I didn't like the way it sounded with our last name.

bluewren December 19th, 2013 05:19 PM

I like Charlotte Elizabeth as well. I've always been a fan of Charlie/Charley as a nickname. :)

pnutterbutter December 19th, 2013 05:33 PM

I like Charlotte. I think it flows better with Elizabeth.

Demetria December 19th, 2013 05:37 PM

Charlotte! :) Charlee is so cute of a nickname for a little girl!

RunningMommyTo5 December 19th, 2013 05:45 PM

Charlotte is a top contender if this baby we're having is a girl. The boys picked it out of nowhere when they found out we were pregnant (they're totally convinced it's a girl) and we really like it, but not 100% sure we'll use it yet. Ironically, I've also been toying with Charlotte Elizabeth, LOL! Elizabeth is my middle name, and my grandmother's first name. I was named after both grandmothers, first and middle, one from each. It'd be nice to pass Elizabeth down for us since she passed a couple of years ago.

All that to say, I obviously love Charlotte Elizabeth! However, Annalee is a very, very pretty name, too! I think you can't go wrong with either!

alliebeecher December 19th, 2013 06:14 PM

I like Charlotte a lot more! Mostly because Charley/Charlie is an adorable nickname for a girl, but Charlotte is also a beautiful name.

TeamMom2008 December 19th, 2013 08:39 PM

I like both, but I love Charlotte with the nickname charley. So adorable. funny that two of you were leaning toward it.

Marissa's Mommy December 19th, 2013 08:50 PM

I like Annalee Elizabeth :)

AtomicMama December 20th, 2013 07:18 AM

I adore Charlotte, but Annalee is more unique. Either way, you can't go wrong :) And there is still plenty of time to pick!

Mel S December 20th, 2013 07:26 AM

I prefer Charlotte, it's such a classic, yet pretty name and works very well with the middle name.

Annalee is pretty too...but I can't help but fear how kids, or teachers who don't think before they say the name, may say it (take away an 'n')...

Spottts December 20th, 2013 07:45 AM

I like them both. Charlotte is much more common. I was considering Annalee with my first but used Annelise. She was named after my grandmother Anna Lisa.

susie_q December 20th, 2013 07:48 AM

Charlotte! I love boy names for girls, so charley I like.

Britt3 December 20th, 2013 07:55 AM

Charlotte!!! I think it sounds beautiful with the middle name you picked as well!! We liked Charlotte for a girl's name, but there's a town here called Charlotte (even though it's pronounced sharLOT) so we had to nix it. :(