JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Coming home outfit. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/2700611-coming-home-outfit.html)

Johnsgirlsx3 December 30th, 2013 09:12 AM

Coming home outfit.

Has anyone giving any thoughts to coming home outfits? What did you do with previous little ones? Do you do something fancy, something handed down? TIA

bluewren December 30th, 2013 09:21 AM

Re: Coming home outfit.

I bought DS his "coming home" outfit the day we found out his gender. Despite the outfit (it was a hoodie, onesie, and soft pants) being "newborn" size and DS being born at 40 weeks 3 days, the pants would slide right off his little body. I'm thinking of finding something one-piece for this one and/or possibly making the outfit myself.

It will be early enough in June that I figure I'll need to plan on multiple possible outfits or something that could be layered since it could be really hot, really cool, or somewhere in-between.

TiggersMommy December 30th, 2013 09:31 AM

I bought DD something nice with my mom when she was visiting. I'm going to knit something gender neutral for Sprog. Need to find yarn for that ...

moxiemommie December 30th, 2013 09:31 AM

I ended up leaving the cuteonsie I wanted to bring Ry home in at home so he worealittle onsie with blue and white "jail strips" but it was very cute, he took his nb pix in it also... I had a cute onesie picked out for nahnah too.. but he couldnt wear itbecause hehadhhip displaysia and was put in harness we couldnt take off :( (sorry I meant luke nah nah is lukes nickname lol!) Not sure about this one, since I have no clue whatbaby is!

Mommy2JH December 30th, 2013 09:34 AM

DS1 my mom went out and bough him a preemie outfit (he was 6lbs 14oz but wore preemie clothes for a couple weeks)
DS2 I was made aware that my husbands family had a tradition I didn't know about with my first. Almost every baby in the family wore DH's grandfathers baby gown (beautiful white gown) home from the hospital. It's huge and swallowed my 7lb 4oz baby but it was tradition so he wore that with a cute onesie and socks on under it.
With this one I will get some cute socks and a cute onsie and she too will wear the gown home!

Britt3 December 30th, 2013 09:38 AM

I had a planned home birth with my first and so we didn't exactly have a "coming home outfit," but we still bought him the cutest outfit we could find- for the day after he was born. I'll plan to do the same this time.

Caitlin December 30th, 2013 09:56 AM

I want to find a cute beach dress or smock for babygirl. June is hot in NC (or so I've been told).

AllyTales December 30th, 2013 10:17 AM

A little pink dress :) My sister is going to sew it, so I'm not sure what it will look like quite yet. But she has awesome tastes, so I'm sure it'll be beautiful!

Wish44 December 30th, 2013 10:21 AM

Once we know the gender, I'll definitely be picking out something adorable. I'll probably pack two outfits---one in newborn size and one 0-3 months in case baby is big!

Fall December 30th, 2013 11:03 AM

With each kid I've bought an outfit that I just fell in love with and it was their going home outfit.

Jessica121706 December 30th, 2013 11:08 AM

We've never really had much choice...we had to bundle both the girls up crazy since it was so cold June's in VA are a toss up I'm not quite sure how we will dress a spring baby lol

mrsdaiwa24 December 30th, 2013 12:27 PM

Betsy wore a cute and casual outfit home from the hospital. I'm with Fall though -- Baby Boy will wear an outfit that I just fall in love with, but nothing sentimental or traditional. I'll probably let Betsy pick from a couple of choices so she feels included.

Johnsgirlsx3 December 30th, 2013 12:43 PM

Those sound so precious. I also do their pictures in their outfits too. For boy do they have really "fancy" stuff? With my girls I bought preimee clothes with a lot of lace.

Demetria December 30th, 2013 03:38 PM

Ava had a cute little Onesie that I had personally made for her, She also had a matching Tutu that I brought to have her first photos in the hospital. She only came home in the Onesie and a hat. It was really hot out (She was a late June baby) and so it was just that and a light blanket.

This baby will have a little button down cardigan style onesie with a bow tie attached, made by another Etsy shop and a hat. :)

Something like this:

https://img1.etsystatic.com/037/0/69...87169_9prq.jpg

yenken05 December 30th, 2013 04:11 PM

Last time I ordered a black onesie from etsy that said I <3 my daddy in army camo. My husband was deployed and missed the birth but picked us up from the hospital. We were on team green so I had a black hat for a boy and a matching bow/headband if it was a girl.

I'll be ordering something cute on etsy again this time!

Social Halfwit December 30th, 2013 04:52 PM

With the boys, I went the day we found out the gender and picked something from the gently used kids clothing store. I can't remember what Bodhi's was (I think I ended up picking something else before he was born), but with Piggies it was a super cute little bear sleeper that had a hood with ears on it. For this baby, we will probably just pick a simple onesie and find some matching babylegs for it.

alliebeecher December 30th, 2013 09:47 PM

I picked out this adorable yellow onesie with ducks on it, yellow pants with ducks on the feet, and a duck hat. IDK if I'm going to use it when the time comes, my mom keeps saying it looks ridiculous. I just think it's so cute -_-

~~MeeMee~~ December 31st, 2013 07:41 AM

When I had DS1, I don’t remember putting much thought into his coming home outfit…but I’m excited to find something cute and memorable for this little guy

njkatc December 31st, 2013 09:39 AM

We are BIG Packers fans, so they have both come home in something packers. Let me see if I can find pics to share. This little guy will probably come home in the same outfit Alex did. Maybe I will get him pants that actually fit though.

Missymoos December 31st, 2013 10:45 AM

We haven't given it much thought yet - probably starting looking for ridiculously cute outfits once we know the gender...January 10th - only 10 more days to go :)