JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Update in OP: Braxton Hicks... please help!!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/2701302-update-op-braxton-hicks-please-help.html)

JoannaEvelyn06 January 2nd, 2014 08:04 PM

Update in OP: Braxton Hicks... please help!!!

Update: Went and saw my midwife today and it turns out I have bacterial vaginosis. She said it just happens in pregnant women, but irritates cervix and causes contractions and even pre-term labor. I got some antibiotics and hopefully that clears it up. Thanks for all your input!!

I'm 18 weeks today and for the past few days I've been having what I assume are BH contractions. I get this feeling in my stomach like it's tight... and then my chest sort of tightens and it feels weird to breathe. This is my 2nd baby..... does anyone else's BH feel like this?

I am still feeling Asher move..... but should I be concerned?

Fall January 2nd, 2014 08:13 PM

Re: Braxton Hicks... please help!!!

It could be BH which are normal through your whole pregnancy. Or it could be gas. What your explaining sounds more like gas. I feel bh from time to time but they aren't painful just annoying. Hope this helps.

TeamMom2008 January 2nd, 2014 08:13 PM

I never had any contractions with DS, Braxton or otherwise. But if you have tried water and relaxation techniques and it isn't stopping then it can't hurt to call the doc and get checked. It probably isn't anything to be concerned with, but peace of mind comes in many forms and a simple call might offer you some.

The chest tightness and breathing is also something I feel, especially when I'm sitting still but I think it is more the blood flow I feel than anything else. Sometimes it just feels "off" the normal pattern and it catches me off guard.

Ellies_mom January 2nd, 2014 09:12 PM

Heya. Lurking from May DDC. Def get it checked by your doctor but for some reason I had this right around 18 weeks. It lasted until 20 weeks and its been gone since then. As soon as they stopped my tummy majorly popped. I thought I was already showing quite well but now sheesh.....So for me it ended up being a huge growth spurt. Hope you get yours figured! Drinking water and relaxing a bit helped me through them.

TiggersMommy January 2nd, 2014 09:51 PM

I'm having BH already. I noticed them about a week ago. I was the BH queen during DD's pregnancy. I think I first noticed them around 23-24 weeks. I figure I know what I'm looking or this time so that's why I noticed them earlier. Your uterus starts having contractions in the first trimester. Most women just don't notice them. When I have them I notice a very slight cramp at the bottom of my belly and I can feel my uterus getting hard. I thought it was RLP until I bothered to feel my uterus. Women experience them differently. Sometimes just part of the uterus contracts. Sometimes you don't feel it get hard at all. Some are discomfort free. Some cause some cramping. I've not had an accompanying chest thing or breathing issues with mine and like I said I was the BH queen last time. It could be BH or it could be something else. As with all things, if you're concerned put in a call. If you're pretty certain it's BH but they don't go away after hydrating and relaxing on your left side then definitely call. BH are usually nothing to worry about so long as there's no regularity to them but they can cause dilation.

moxiemommie January 3rd, 2014 03:32 AM

I agree it could be braxton hicks, could be gas, or even a baby growth spurt ( i had the same at 16-17w, last week for me) but everyone is different and I say get it checked out, just to ease your mind. It likely nothing more than whst everyone said, but the breathing thing, sounds odd to me, so I would bring it up to your dr for peace of mind :)

mrsdaiwa24 January 3rd, 2014 05:23 AM

If water and laying on your left side don't make you feel better, call the doctor. It will give you some peace of mind. Hopefully, they'll go away soon!

TeamMom2008 January 3rd, 2014 08:09 AM

I woke up this morning and could see a more rounded mound on my belly when I'm flat on my back (and I've got a lot of tummy). I really feel like something grew overnight. I don't have the strange chest/blood pressure feeling, but I am definitely lightheaded when I bend down for things (like the papers I dropped just now at work). My appointment is next week so I will bring it up with the doc.

JoannaEvelyn06 January 3rd, 2014 11:15 AM

Thanks ladies - after hearing what happened to Demi... I made an appointment in an hour. I'm sure everything is fine, but I need to know for sure.

Love you all!

TeamMom2008 January 3rd, 2014 11:21 AM

I'm glad you're going in today. :smile:

Caitlin January 3rd, 2014 12:56 PM

I have definitely gotten them so far (and never had them with either of my boys). For me, and this is so weird, it always happens right after DTD.

Justjessie January 3rd, 2014 02:32 PM

I had a couple last night and that was it. Try the water/laying on side thing if they persist.

mrsdaiwa24 January 3rd, 2014 03:41 PM

How did the appointment go?

Jessica121706 January 3rd, 2014 06:57 PM

Re: Update in OP: Braxton Hicks... please help!!!

Glad that you brought it up at your appointment and got answers

Fall January 3rd, 2014 07:38 PM

Glad you got checked out. Hopefully you'll feel better soon.

bluewren January 4th, 2014 03:20 AM

I'm glad you got some answers! Feel better soon.

Marissa's Mommy January 4th, 2014 10:37 AM

Glad you decided to go in. I've never heard of that before but good thing I know about. I wasn't aware an infection could cause contrax. Hope it clears up fast!

TiggersMommy January 4th, 2014 11:07 AM

I'm glad you caught it! Did she do a swab to determine you had an infection?

~~MeeMee~~ January 4th, 2014 12:03 PM

glad you went in and it was caught

JoannaEvelyn06 January 4th, 2014 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiggersMommy (Post 27887965)
I'm glad you caught it! Did she do a swab to determine you had an infection?

Yes, she did a swab to determine I had an infection.