JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Weather check in! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/2701337-weather-check.html)

mrsdaiwa24 January 3rd, 2014 05:27 AM

Weather check in!

How's it been for all of you? I know we have some ladies on the East Coast -- how's the storm?

Here in the Chicago area, it started snowing late New Year's Eve and didn't stop until later afternoon Jan. 2. I haven't seen the measurements, but we just got dumped with a ton of snow. The forecast for next week is bad -- Monday and Tuesday's HIGHS are below zero. We've had such mild, snowless winters the past few years -- I'm not used to this!

bluewren January 3rd, 2014 05:36 AM

Re: Weather check in!

Cold, cold, cold. Snow, snow, snow.

It started late new years day and it has been an on/off light snow. I had to venture out for a blood draw yesterday morning and the conditions were not bad at all but there was way less people around the hospital/facilities than I usually see around that time of day.

I don't think we have the 12", 15", or 18" (depending on which report I read) predicted for my area but I'm also not willing to venture out into the snow in order to double check. LOL

Mel S January 3rd, 2014 05:37 AM

It's extremely cold here - which I know lots of Americans think Canada is all the time, lol - but our weather is often similar to the northern states.

We have had frost bite warnings in effect the past two days, but I think it's supposed to warm up to just below freezing this weekend, which will be nice - as far as winter weather goes, lol.

We have been fortunate in that we haven't had too much snow, our last big snow fall was before Christmas, so the roads aren't horrible.

mrsdaiwa24 January 3rd, 2014 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mel S (Post 27885601)
It's extremely cold here - which I know lots of Americans think Canada is all the time, lol - but our weather is often similar to the northern states.

I just had a FB friend post that yesterday, it was colder in Winnipeg (minus 31) than it was on Mars (minus 29) -- now, that's pretty cold!

AllyTales January 3rd, 2014 05:51 AM

Cold!! Snowy. It started snowing on the 1st, and literally just stopped. I believe the latest I looked, we were at 14". And it's -4 now. ickkkk.

Wish44 January 3rd, 2014 06:40 AM

We've been getting consistent snowfall since mid November and haven't seen the ground since. It's so cold. The HIGH on Monday is -13. We were going to go to Hawaii in early March, but cancelled the trip when we found out baby was on the way. I didn't think the 10 hour flight would be tolerable in my pregnant state. I'm regretting canceling. I think I need to book a trip to somewhere warm!

angelsailor288 January 3rd, 2014 07:53 AM

It's cold. But we didn't get as much snow as they said. Maybe 6 inches maybe a little more. For some reason were in a state of emergency. Idk when New York became so scared of snow lol

Britt3 January 3rd, 2014 07:53 AM

The snow hasn't stopped!! I'm not sure how much we have received, but I know it's a lot! (Now I need to go google that) The roads are terrible, because the salt doesn't work in this weather - so that's crappy. My car doesn't have heat - so last night after the 40 minute commute, I ran inside my place and held my hands under scolding hot water for a moment. The water was so hot it was steaming, but it felt like cold water. :-/ Thankfully today I was able to take my DP's car to work!

TiggersMommy January 3rd, 2014 08:02 AM

Sunny with a high of 73. (Gloat)

njkatc January 3rd, 2014 08:03 AM

We got maybe 6-7 inches but its super cold today. High is only expected to be 16 and that's without the wind chill. Its a pathetic snow fall for a storm they named Hercules and hyped so much! Its even more disappointing because its dry and fluffy and no good for playing.

TeamMom2008 January 3rd, 2014 08:04 AM

You don't really want to know my answer to this, do you? :D

susie_q January 3rd, 2014 08:12 AM

I'm in northern baltimore and we had about 4 inches but it's all ice with a high in the 20's today. With the windchill I don't know how cold it is. I still had work though, good ol' DC. Thankfully my bf's mother dug out my car, cleared the walkway and helped push me out because she's a saint.

Fall January 3rd, 2014 10:09 AM

It's been dry and cold. We're suppose to get some rain or snow this weekend. Our mountains need the snow...we haven't had the normal winter storms.

Social Halfwit January 3rd, 2014 10:21 AM

It's sunny and almost 60 degrees.. hopefully the rest of our snow will melt and it will be warm this weekend so DF will take me downtown.

pnutterbutter January 3rd, 2014 10:27 AM

I think we ended up with about 14" so far and are supposed to get more over the next week. It's been in the negative temps for the most part. I hate it!! I told hubs we were moving to southern California cuz I just can't take this anymore.

yenken05 January 3rd, 2014 12:06 PM

Snow? What's that? Lol...sunny and 50s here in Texas! We have a cold front coming Sunday night that'll bring lows to the teens and highs to the 30s but no snow!

Britt3 January 3rd, 2014 12:40 PM

Update from me: I checked this morning and we got over 1 ft of snow (I couldnt find exact figures yet) and it's in the single digits, will be negative tonight. Right now it's a windchill of -15. BOO!! :( Also, it's still snowing last I knew.

Halloween81 January 3rd, 2014 02:59 PM

The weather here has been pretty good. I live in a milder part of Canada which has the same weather as Seattle. Think no snow but lots of rain. ;)

mrsdaiwa24 January 3rd, 2014 03:43 PM

They're already mulling around canceling school on Monday -- we'd get an extra day of Winter Break plus......wait for it.....wait for it.....wait for it......

If it's a snow day, they add an extra day on in June.....except my last day will be in May, so bring on the snow days -- I won't be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hooray for snow days!!!!!

bluewren January 3rd, 2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsdaiwa24 (Post 27886876)
They're already mulling around canceling school on Monday -- we'd get an extra day of Winter Break plus......wait for it.....wait for it.....wait for it......

If it's a snow day, they add an extra day on in June.....except my last day will be in May, so bring on the snow days -- I won't be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hooray for snow days!!!!!

That would be pretty sweet. ;)

In our case, I hope the schedule will be back to normal by Monday. They canceled school yesterday and today. While DS is not in school yet, the local playgroup we go to follows the school as far as when it is open, and he has been driving me crazy this week about when we get to go to the playgroup again.

I told him last week that it was closed for winter break and he told me that if the playgroup was broken he should go there and fix it. :P