JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Due Date Buddy Check-In (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/2701995-due-date-buddy-check.html)

Jessica121706 January 6th, 2014 08:02 PM

Due Date Buddy Check-In

Just wanted to confirm if everyone has been able to touch base with at least 1 of their buddies. Please PM me if you have any concerns or have not been able to reach them. I will also bump the signup thread incase anyone missed out on the first setting I am putting together a second round.

JoannaEvelyn06 January 6th, 2014 08:07 PM

Re: Due Date Buddy Check-In

I've connected with mine! Thanks :)

dee.76 January 6th, 2014 08:11 PM

I didn't sign up for a buddy, not because I am being a snob.. hehe.. but a couple of reasons which I thought was a bit of a pain to be honest..

1. I live in Australia, which makes texting / phoning etc a bit of a hassle...plus the time difference can be a bit of a pain...

2. I am having a scheduled C-section anyway, so my arrival shouldn't be that dramatic ... hehe.. I NEVER go into labour on my own...

Anyway, I just thought I would let you all know where my thoughts were.. :)

TiggersMommy January 6th, 2014 08:19 PM

I didn't sign up for one either. I had one last time but when the time came I felt like I really wanted privacy. It weirded me out to think people would be waiting on me. I didn't even tell my family outside my Mom and Dad and they were sworn to secrecy. I don't know how I'll fell this time so I don't want to have a buddy and then let her down by not providing updates. I do promise to jump on ASAP after baby is born and I have a few JM friends who can update if something were to go wrong. I hope that's not a downer for everybody :)

Fall January 6th, 2014 08:21 PM

I have talked with mine!!! Thanks :-)

mrsdaiwa24 January 6th, 2014 11:28 PM

I've checked in with mine!

chrysalis1 January 6th, 2014 11:45 PM

Ugh! I always miss out on sign ups like these. I would have totally signed up for a due date buddy

AllyTales January 7th, 2014 04:14 AM

Connected with mine ;)

bluewren January 7th, 2014 05:06 AM

I've been in contact with mine. :)

MarchMom2007 January 7th, 2014 05:11 AM

I really want to sign up, but I don't feel comfortable putting identifying info on the thread. Can I still sign up, be paired and then share my info with just my buddy(s)?

RunningMommyTo5 January 7th, 2014 06:19 AM

We're connected and in contact!!! :) Thank you again, Jessica!

Mel S January 7th, 2014 06:41 AM

I have added one of mine to FB and will get in further contact with her and the other one shortly.

Thank you! :)

AllyTales January 7th, 2014 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarchMom2007 (Post 27892271)
I really want to sign up, but I don't feel comfortable putting identifying info on the thread. Can I still sign up, be paired and then share my info with just my buddy(s)?

Yes! This is what we all did, actually :) We personally contacted afterwards to give our numbers, or whatever we gave to just our buddies. She did close the sign up, though, and everyone was paired up already. But I know there were some who didn't sign up/were late and wanted a buddy, so maybe there's someone to pair with you? I also don't mind to take on another if anyone needs one.

Justjessie January 7th, 2014 07:27 AM

I've contacted with mine!

susie_q January 7th, 2014 08:21 AM

I've not contacted mine, I'll shoot her a fbook message today!

lilsuma January 7th, 2014 11:14 AM

ive talked to one of mine

Jessica121706 January 7th, 2014 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarchMom2007 (Post 27892271)

Absolutely, all the activities that we will be doing will be like this. We would never want to put info like phone numbers or addresses on any of the threads

pnutterbutter January 11th, 2014 02:14 PM

I wasn't able to get in touch with mine. I don't think she's very active on here. If someone else is looking, I can hook up with them or just not have one- either way is fine with me.

HailandNevansmom January 12th, 2014 08:12 PM

I need one !!!! =)

moxiemommie January 12th, 2014 08:22 PM

Yup good to go! Err but not until June... even though I think is kids already trying to kick his or her way out lol