JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Braxton Hicks (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/2704720-braxton-hicks.html)

yenken05 January 22nd, 2014 05:48 PM

Braxton Hicks

Any other mommas having BH already?? This is my 2nd pregnancy but I'm thinking 17 weeks is a little early for BH??!! I usually notice about one a day but it's freaking me out lol!

TeamMom2008 January 22nd, 2014 06:21 PM

Re: Braxton Hicks

I have had a few. Maybe one or two in a week. They catch me by surprise when they happen. Totally out of the blue. I don't ever remember having them with DS so these are new to me.

jen* January 22nd, 2014 06:39 PM

Yes - this is my third pregnancy and I've been having BH. I don't remember having them this early with either of my others, but I read that it is common for them to happen earlier with each pregnancy.

MarchMom2007 January 22nd, 2014 07:51 PM

I have had them sporadically for a few weeks now. I had them horribly with my first, so I knew right away what they were this time. I tend to get them when I bend over for more than a few seconds and then stand back up. I also get them when my bladder is full and I can't get to a restroom fast enough.

TiggersMommy January 22nd, 2014 09:36 PM

I've been noticing them daily since around 16 weeks. I first noticed them at around 23 with DD. Our uteruses are getting pumped!! The uterus starts to contract sporadically around 6 weeks. Not everyone notices it. Most of the time these contractions are harmless (and necessary!) but early thinning and dilation of the cervix can occur so it's best to take them as a sign to take it easy and hydrate and absolutely call your care provider if they're accompanied by lower back pain, spotting, or excessive discharge. I've been having so many so much earlier that I asked the tech at my 20 week u/s to tell me what she was seeing with my cervix. She said it's high, tight, and long just like it should be.

moxiemommie January 23rd, 2014 03:58 AM

I had them pretty bad last night. I know they can start as early as 16weeks... with my first I didnt start getting them really bad until 20 days before I went in to labor. With my second, I got them more sporadically, but not too much before I gave birth which was was what I like to call an "optional induction" because I did not want Brian to miss it. (They broke my water at 39 and 1/2 weeks, I probably could have went another week and a half) With this one I got them at 16 weeks then they stopped... now Ive had them at 20 weeks, I still am having a few right now. Im sure they will taper off then come back lol.

Missymoos January 23rd, 2014 09:15 AM

I don't think I've had any...what do they feel like?

The only uterus tightening I have felt so far is when we DTD, I can really feel it contracting afterwards - both internally and externally by placing my hand on it - feels very firm but would pulsate a little, so crazy and yet so cool, lol.

TeamMom2008 January 23rd, 2014 10:43 AM

What I feel is something like a serious menstrual cramp. It takes my breath away and then it's gone. I really haven't had more than one or two a week, and I don't remember having much of them when I was pregnant with DS. If I did, they didn't leave a lasting impression on me.

yenken05 January 23rd, 2014 04:00 PM

Glad I'm not alone :) I didn't feel them until 30+ weeks with my son. It feels like a tightening from my uterus and leaves me breathless for a minute. It's hard to explain though! Just an odd feeling :)

cortln January 24th, 2014 05:55 AM

I THINK I am feeling them, several times a day. I remember what they feel like later on in pregnancy but this early I'm not 100% sure that is what I'm feeling. Seems like it though. It's been happening for a few weeks now, I'm 18 weeks today.

Glad to hear that it's happening to other's too. I'm not so freaked out now.

TiggersMommy January 24th, 2014 08:16 AM

Mine don't feel like menstrual cramps. They're either painless or I feel a slight sorta stretching feeling (like mild RLP) along the bottom of my belly. My menstrual cramps are more of a back ache with internal cramping. Much of my uterus gets firm when they happen and now that my uterus is larger I have a harder time doing things like bending and sitting when they happen. Some women say that just part of their uterus gets hard but I've always experienced it as an all over tightening. When labor contractions start they're in another legion. My belly got MUCH harder and the stretchy crampy feeling was all over.