JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Opinions on a going home outfit. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-june-2014-playroom/2711318-opinions-going-home-outfit.html)

Sarah_K March 6th, 2014 12:17 PM

Opinions on a going home outfit.

What do you think about this outfit for a going home outfit? Is it to much with the ruffles?
Truly Scrumptious Girls Faux Shortall Tiered Ruffle Romper with Satin Bow Straps and Bow Detail - Heidi Klum - Babies "R" Us

Missymoos March 6th, 2014 12:22 PM

Re: Opinions on a going home outfit.

Totally not! It's like a wedding dress...you (or baby in this case) may only wear it once so go for it!:)

Sarah_K March 6th, 2014 01:43 PM

It's a romper. Yes she will only wear once. It's for up to 10lbs. I'm gonna look for a smile but cute dress to incase this ruffled one doesn't work.

newmommysarah March 6th, 2014 03:50 PM

Thats lovely - its not to much and she could wear it a couple of times for photos/special visitors :)

Sarah_K March 6th, 2014 06:09 PM

We would take it with us for newborn pics. Lady I found takes pics 1-2 weeks after birth. I'm still going to find a back up. Only reason is I was 10lbs and husband was 8. So we r expecting a big baby. The outfit I posted is up to 10lbs.

NewMommyErin March 6th, 2014 07:00 PM

I say if you don't find something else that steals your heart the way that this outfit does, then it's a keeper.

MarchMom2007 March 7th, 2014 04:47 AM

I think it is super cute, but I don't think I would put it on my little girl. It looks very uncomfortable to me and newborn skin is so tender. I had a super soft sleeper with little dragons for DS and haven't found something for this little one yet, but it will likely be some soft knit gown or sleeper again. We are having a home birth, so not really a "coming home" outfit so much as a "baby's first" outfit.

Maybe a few pics in it and then a change of clothing for the car ride home?

epsilonbeta March 7th, 2014 07:17 AM

Such a cute outfit. I would go for it.

njkatc March 7th, 2014 10:54 AM

That's adorable!!!! And its totally up to you! If you love it, do it!!!

rachelc0 March 10th, 2014 11:27 AM

with the first one, i bought a super nice layette to bring him home in. and learned first hand that day how difficult it can be to dress those little creatures. so for keegan, we had a nice "take home" outfit for pictures, but in reality we physically brought him home in a onsie and pants (socks, hat, etc). nothing too over the top. for Karson i've bought a cotton sleeper to physically bring him home in, but will find something nicer to take actually pictures with