JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   JustMommies Article Commentary (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1108-justmommies-article-commentary/)
-   -   Can You Have a Positive Ovulation Test Result and not Ovulate? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1108-justmommies-article-commentary/1608418-can-you-have-positive-ovulation-test-result-and-not-ovulate.html)

AmandaHugNKiss June 23rd, 2009 01:36 AM

Can You Have a Positive Ovulation Test Result and not Ovulate?

Quote:

Ovulation tests are very helpful for predicting when you will ovulate.  Ovulation tests work by detecting a hormone called LH (Luteinizing Hormone) in your urine.  Just before you ovulate your pituitary gland releases a surge of LH.  OPKs (ovulation prediction kits) are designed to give you a positive result when this LH surge occurs.
Read more

AmandaHugNKiss June 23rd, 2009 01:36 AM

There are many women who

There are many women who 'believe' their opks like it's scientific fact - 'I have a postive test so I AM ovulating'. As this article outlines, no so! They'll bd for the next couple of days only and then become confused 20 days later when af is still a no show but no bfp either... Whoops, it seems you didn't O with your first positive opk and missed the second surge.

I think it's important to read your opks hand in hand with your natural signs of fertility (such as cm) and if you're NOT charting your basal body temperature (bbt) then you should continue bd'ing until your natural body signs tell you you're not fertile. Of course, it's best to chart your bbt in conjuntion with opks so that you can be given the heads up of O approaching by the opk and have it confirmed by your temps... then you can lay off the bd'ing and not worry about missing your egg. Or, y'know, actually bd just for fun in your luteal phase ;)

dapgal June 23rd, 2009 08:01 AM

Very good information about

Very good information about how to read OPK's as positive or negative.

amalina September 12th, 2011 01:45 AM

what is the best way to

what is the best way to calculate our ovulation day...since my menstrual is a bit varies from month to month...in June, my first day of period is 26th, then in July is 25th, then in August is 20th....so how should i count my ovulation? please advise...

anu123 December 30th, 2011 12:41 AM

I've been using HOME CHECK

I've been using HOME CHECK OVULATION TEST KIT for a long time and I still get butterflies when that little smiley shows his face. :) I got one from the internet by searching on Google HOME CHECK OVULATION KIT it was great!

RebekahTanaka June 16th, 2013 10:10 PM

I also recommend the

I also recommend the <strong><a href="http://goo.gl/OKjez">PREGNANCY MIRACLE METHOD</a></strong> to get pregnant quickly and naturally!

lakshmi sravani July 26th, 2013 01:46 AM

Re: Can You Have a Positive Ovulation Test Result and not Ovulate?

my cycle is regular for 32 day but last month it is irregular .actually 1 july is the first day of the period but it comes at 17 july .now tell me which day is my ovulation day and which day is best for intercourse to conceive

jeny123verma July 26th, 2013 08:08 PM

Hey! I got my answer.

DG2009 August 30th, 2013 08:33 AM

hi, I have gotten the :smile: but only one line and it tells you that when you have a steady :o that your suppose to ovulate. But I don't see no second line at all. I took the clearblue opk but nothing and now I am on my second month to see what happens because last month I didn't conceive. I AM SO LOST! :confused: can someone tell me if they are going through the same thing :frown:

really wish it would just show me the 2 lines and not just a :smile: that's not telling me anything without that second line.