JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   JustMommies Article Commentary (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1108-justmommies-article-commentary/)
-   -   Can You Afford to be a Stay at Home Mom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1108-justmommies-article-commentary/1654253-can-you-afford-to-stay-home-mom.html)

beckyspaghetti July 31st, 2009 07:59 AM

Can You Afford to be a Stay at Home Mom

Quote:

Deciding whether or not you can stay at home after you have a baby can be a big decision. Emotions play a big factor, especially after holding your precious newborn for the first time. It's hard to imagine leaving this tiny little thing with a stranger.
Read more

*SamF* March 22nd, 2011 10:31 AM

The author seemed to totally

The author seemed to totally forget that many women carry their own insurance on themselves through their employment. Adding a spouse to insurance (not to mention children) can be pretty expensive. That needs to be taken into account as well. Adding an additional $700 in expenses for insurance can derail a plan to stay at home.
That is if the person wants to be responsible.

Island Families and Schools Network July 16th, 2011 05:57 PM

My children and I have been

My children and I have been already suffered the consequences of not getting bills paid on time, so how do single parents try to maintain the money she uses when we have already narrowed down our family wants to now family needs. We have not other adult age who can work to assist the family situation so mother's carry the burden again and again. In working with several families in outreach, they are suffer the same problem. Although everyone's situation is different but most of all if cutting cost to where now you can only afford those essential items such as water, power and the house mortgage, it's time to job search and until one is found. This is no time to be picky as many say it's better have a little money than none.

callas_and_ivy August 2nd, 2011 12:49 AM

Re: Can You Afford to be a Stay at Home Mom

It's a very personal decision and very much based on what the family can afford and the needs of the mother. I realized again how lucky I have been to get to stay home though it looks like I may have to go back to work. After a decade of not working, no resume' and so forth...hitting the pavement will be difficult. Fortunately I've kept up my skills in various volunteer positions. My biggest regret...not finishing my degree.... *sigh*

MarthaG August 3rd, 2011 02:42 AM

I'm a homebuddy so i think it won't be a big adjustment for me. :)

coolrunnings September 9th, 2012 12:36 PM

I can relate to this.My

I can relate to this.My husband is the sole provider for the home while i stay home with the kids.
some months are better than some.We usually get stuck with bills that cannot be paid and we would then have to cut back on certain things.
I have tried to get little part time jobs to do but I have not been successful thus far.
I am thankful for life and my family and we will see it through.

lavenderhill May 31st, 2013 11:59 PM

it is good ideal. i like this. my mum is very merry :)