JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   JustMommies Article Commentary (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1108-justmommies-article-commentary/)
-   -   Negative Blood Test: Could I Still Be Pregnant? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1108-justmommies-article-commentary/1657736-negative-blood-test-could-i-still-pregnant.html)

daisycraft-dot-com August 3rd, 2009 11:16 AM

Negative Blood Test: Could I Still Be Pregnant?

Quote:

Blood tests, just like urine tests, work by detecting HCG levels. Blood tests are much more precise and can tell you the exact number of HCG mIU/ml in the blood. Even with the most sensitive blood test, it is still possible to be pregnant with a negative test.
Read more

daisycraft-dot-com August 3rd, 2009 11:16 AM

I have been looking for this

I have been looking for this information!! Thanks for posting this article. Now... it's the waiting game for my second--and hopefully positive--blood test.

Thanks for the great information!

sredha January 19th, 2011 12:28 AM

i had implantation bleeding

i had implantation bleeding for 4 days, it was light brownish spotts along with white discharge, i tested urine after 10 days ,it was negative,,
then i again tested after 2 days it was negative, thn v went 4 a blood test after a week it came to be negative again.but still am on ma missed period..
i hav very irregular cycles. my clycle goes like this:28th, 15th, 30th, still w8ing n its 17th...
can anyone help me out...am getting mad...plssss....

Masika January 22nd, 2012 09:07 PM

Thank you so much for the

Thank you so much for the article. I am officially 12 days late today. I went for a blood test on Saturday morning, (and a couple of hpt's in the week). I did have some of the symptoms such as quesiness for about 4 days. Does anyone have some insights for me? Should I wait this week out and go and see a doctor? Or should I go as soon as possible? I am getting a little anxious now.

Thanking you all in advance.

sarahsmommy09 February 17th, 2012 07:29 AM

I had a blood pregnancy test

I had a blood pregnancy test done. It was negative. Is it possible that I still could be pregnant???

JesArthur03 February 23rd, 2012 12:23 AM

Re: Negative Blood Test: Could I Still Be Pregnant?

Go in if you feel the need to get an ultrasound. Sometimes, if you are just a couple weeks pregnant, the hcg levels are so low that it wont be picked up by a blood test. I had positive urine tests (very light lines) and a negative blood test with my first. Turns out I was only four weeks along.

Rw49 May 26th, 2012 03:16 PM

Hi ladies

If anyone has had my symptoms or knows anything about what I am about to tell u all can you please get in touch...

I am now 30 days late! I had spotting of a pinkish/ brown colour a week ago that lasted about 2 days but there def east enough for it to be a period. I am experiencing lower right back pain. I have taken 2 hpt both were negative I only took them a few days ago. I have been under a bit of stress but I would have thought I would have taken my period by now.

Could I be pregnant even though I had a negative test at 25 days late I would assume at that stage it would pick up the hormone level ???

Bhastings0512 June 2nd, 2012 09:25 PM

Hello, I was wondering if you

Hello, I was wondering if you could help me.

My boyfriend and I started having unprotected sex May 8th. The very next morning I woke and my uterus was a bit sensitive to pressure, but that quickly went away. I figured it was just a result of his semen being shot inside of me - I remember something similar happening years ago. However, a few days passed where we were having sex every day and the pressure kept returning, more importantly, it would return almost immediately after sex. It would last for a little while, typically no longer than half an hour, but mostly only ten minutes or so, then I would be fine. Along with the pressure, came some mild cramping. A friend of mine suggested maybe we were having too rough of sex, but that was not the case at all. I thought it odd, but didn't put much thought into it. After about a week, the pressure and cramps after sex stopped completely.

About ten days later I began to feel nauscious, mostly at night, and noticed my breasts were tender. I figured it was my period coming (though I wasn't due yet) and pushed it aside. When the nauscious stomach began to occur every day, and was accompanied with mild headaches, increased fatigue, and the tender breasts, I began to wonder if I could be pregnant and talked to a good friend of mine about it. She said with both her pregnancies she had the same thing happen (the cramping, pressure, etc) and said it could be I am in the implantation process of the pregnancy and then she congratulated me. This got me thinking and I went back to my calendar and counted the days ... I am NEVER late for my period. Every month is the same - one or two days of heavy bleeding accompanied with severe cramps and lower back pain. Then a normal flow and no pain for the remainder of the seven to eight days. Anyway, I counted, and low and behold, I was four days late. Out of curiosity, I bought a home pregnancy test and it came back a faint positive.

I called my dr and made an appointment for a blood test, but in waiting for the appointment, started what I think was my period. Unlike my typical period, this was painless and so light it was almost nonexistent. I just ended yesterday. I went in a few days later and did the blood test only to find out it was negative. The OB nurse called to schedule an appointment and when I told her I was mildly bleeding, she instantly threw aside pregnancy and said it was my period. I asked for a repeat blood test and did that this past Thursday - I haven't heard back yet, but I don't really expect to because that nurse was kind of rude and short with me. She even told me I could have been experiencing a miscarriage, but I thought those came with heavy bleeding and pain - both of which I do not have.

My question is ... I feel pregnant. Or at least, I think I do. I have never been pregnant before, but I am very in tune with my body, and I feel different. I have noticed my nascious stomach only really comes first thing in the morning, and at night - like well after dinner and when i am lying down in bed. I am VERY tired. No matter if I get 6 hours or 11 hours of sleep, I am still exhausted. Daily activity is harder because I feel drained. The mild headache is still there - and is more annoying than anything. I usually never get headaches, and when I do they are worse than this.

Is it possible I am pregnant and the blood test was done too soon? I know this kind of contradicts the above article, but I am just thinking something is not right here. Speaking to a friend who has children and my mother, they both think I am pregnant. I am so confused.

GemmGemm July 15th, 2012 10:46 PM

Hi everyone! I'm 42 years old

Hi everyone! I'm 42 years old and my periods are pretty regular. I am 5 days late for my period have taken 2 pregnancy tests both negative. Can anyone shed some light here because until I can get to see my doctor it's driving me and my husband crazy! Thank you so much :)

Ijustwannaknow July 24th, 2012 08:50 PM

Can someone help me out. I am

Can someone help me out. I am 29 and I had the mirena in and was having pregnancy like symptoms.. My breasts are sore and look bigger I have been nauseous been tired a lot lately ..and am more hungry than ever recently with weird cravings .. I took 2 hpts and both were negative .. I thought they may be wrong so I had a blood test done and that was also negative .. But I feel pregnant..my boyfriend doesn't think I am as he has been tested and was told he has a low sperm count.. I am very fertile as told by my dr as I have 2 girls already and got pregnant very quickly with them.. Could I possibly be pregnant also my mirena has fallen out and I am spotting and my boyfriend and I were also intimate after it fell out as well.. Someone please give me some advise ?

mrssteines August 13th, 2012 01:23 PM

I got a call back from my

I got a call back from my doctor and they said negative and I asked them the number and they said 5, I'm wondering could I still be pregnant?

Aliesha August 23rd, 2012 04:26 AM

Hi I think I could be but the

Hi I think I could be but the tests came back negative. I had my period well started June 29 an need July 6 an my husband an I talked about starting to try but I was waiting tell after the 13th because I was having some test done. So we started but 2 days later I started my period again. From July 16 tell the 21st. So we started again an know I haven't started an took two test both negative but I've been feeling sick. Should I wait to see if I start next month or go see a doctor.

Aliesha August 23rd, 2012 05:48 AM

Hi I'm 34 an my periods aren't the same but I always have one every month. My husband an I just started last month for a baby an well I havent started yet. I've taken two test an both are negative. I some times feel nauseous an been having light craps off an on but that's it. Please some one help. Ive had 3 children an the first two were the same but number 3 I was sick from the time I was up tell I went to bed. If I am this one isn't like the first three.

RebekahTanaka June 16th, 2013 11:46 PM

I also recommend the

I also recommend the <strong><a href="http://goo.gl/OKjez">PREGNANCY MIRACLE METHOD</a></strong> to get pregnant fast and naturally!