JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   JustMommies Article Commentary (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1108-justmommies-article-commentary/)
-   -   Getting Pregnant after Birth Control (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1108-justmommies-article-commentary/1742560-getting-pregnant-after-birth-control.html)

kookooism October 18th, 2009 11:15 PM

Getting Pregnant after Birth Control

Quote:

There are many types of hormonal birth control options. Birth control pills are a very popular form of birth control because they are affordable, convenient and effective. Depo-Provera is another type of hormonal birth control. It is given by injection every three months and one injection prevents you from getting pregnant for up to 13 weeks.
Read more

kookooism October 18th, 2009 11:15 PM

I was previously taking the

I was previously taking the Mercilon birth control pill for about a year before stopping. Since I started taking the pill for about 2-3mths, I noticed that my usually high-sex-drive has taken a deep dive. Also, I always used to be 'well-lubricated' prior to intercourse. After just about 2 mths of Mercilon, I've virtually dried up. Even now, after 8 mths of going pill-free, my sex drive is still low, & I am still 'dry'. Will this lower my chance of conceiving?

BabyBee13 February 25th, 2010 08:59 AM

I really liked this article

I really liked this article because I am ttc after bcp. It is nice to know that what I am experiencing is somewhat normal. I was on the mini pill though and apparently it can take quite a few months for your body to regulate. This is very informative information that answered a lot of questions I had. Because I was very regular before I went on the pill/off the pill and didn't understand why now I am having long irregular cycles. I recommend this for anyone who is dealing with ttc or thinking of coming off bcp.

Jess P November 29th, 2010 02:53 AM

I've stopped taking ma pill

I've stopped taking ma pill in May this year and i have been trying for a baby for 6 months and still nothing. I've just started my pd today. can anyone give me an idea how long i would conceive?

Jess P November 29th, 2010 03:02 AM

Re: Getting Pregnant after Birth Control

i have notice that when i came off pill in May this year i have been really wet and my sex drive is really high and is still now but dont understand y i'm not conceiveing. need help

wantinbaby2010 December 7th, 2010 02:19 PM

This helps me out alot cause

This helps me out alot cause i was very worried about stopping my birthcontrol so sudden. But I'm excited about trying!

AngelBaby10-07-07 December 17th, 2010 08:26 AM

I was on Ortho tri cyclen for 1 year, I have been off it for almost 2 years and have not been able to conceive. Does anyone know anything about this pill or how long it takes to get out of your system?

preparing in advance October 25th, 2011 12:16 PM

I was on depro for a few

I was on depro for a few years and then switched to yasminelle pills, altogether i've been on contraception for about 8 years. I now want to start trying for a baby and just wondered because I have been on both the injection and the pill will it take me longer to conceive??? and how long should I expect ot to take??

lovable December 29th, 2011 07:48 PM

I was on Depo for about a year and a half, unlike other women on this shot... I had a period since my first injection. I have been off for about five months. Since I've gotten off I haven't had a period and it is beginning to worry me. does any one have any ideas? me and my fiance are wanting to conceive and this isn't helping very much.

akc29 January 14th, 2012 01:24 AM

Hi everyone,
I need some advice please, about what im experiencing. Hope someone can help :)

I am 24yrs old and have been on levlen ed for 6yrs and a bit now, and have also been diagnosed with having polyscystic ovaries.

My period usually last for about 4-5 days and run on a 28 day cycle, never had a prob and have been taking my pill every night around and between 9.30pm -12.oopm.
On the 9th nov my period only lasted 3 days was light then usual and stopped on the 11th. Went out on the 12th (cant remember if i took pill before i left or after i came back) thown up from drinking too much in morning and sexually active weeks of 13th, 20th and 25th of nov( cant remember exact days :S)

On the 28th i spotted a light pink, took a preg test and negative.

7th of dec got my period, very light again, more brown then red and lasted 4 days.
(sexually active week of 11th and week of 18th)

21st of dec i got stomach cramps which felt like light period pain.
22nd of dec, pink spotting throughout the day.
23rd of dec, spotting pinkish light red, felt nauseas and light headed.
24th of dec woke up to go toilet and when wiped there was watery brown spotting, felt twitching in boobs, breasts have been a little tender, nauseas in evening and had metalic taste in mouth.
25th of dec, nauseas, very moody and crying over nothing, pimple break out, slight brown spotting in morning, cramping all over stomach and left side in afternoon, felt more hungry than usual even after a meal, itchy boobs on the side and belly button, breasts tender.

week of 26th dec, shooting tingly feeling down boobs, boobs feel heavy and full, headaches, cramps, slight bloating.

4th of jan, got my period light, brown
5th of jan, red/brown light flow
6th of jan, red bit heavier
7th of jan, brown light
8th of jan, watery brown when wiped
Bloated for all these days of period which is normal and sore boobs cramps etc. and goes by end of period.

Still bloated and constipated, nauseas, full boobs and bra is now digging in ribs, runny and stuffy nose, dizzy, hot flushes for some time now and tingly sensations like someone is stroking my belly with their finger tips. did a preg test today which is the 14th of jan and still negative.
i also smell things more today than usual and feel more nauseas than the past days.

Please if anyone has experienced this or experiencing please help me out.. im also making appointment on monday for docs coz iv never experienced this ever.

thanks, hope someone has an answer :)

jdoss2108 February 3rd, 2012 10:15 PM

i have been off the depo shot

i have been off the depo shot since april of 2011, and i still have not had a regular cycle. my husband and i trying to conceive and we have had no luck. i was wandering if it's possible to get pregnant for only being off it ten months?

i was also wandering about the weight gain on depo. i read that some women gain weight and can't get it back off. i have gained about twenty pounds since being off the shot and it just seems that no matter what i do, my weight won't go down. what do i do?

Evesmum February 21st, 2012 04:21 AM

I am currently in limbo, waiting to get a positive pregnancy result after having what i strongly believe is implantation bleeding on Friday. I was on the depo shots for about a year and a half, I decided to go on depo when the pill wasn't an option for me anymore. I had my last depo injection in September 2010. I missed my next scheduled depo in December 2010, as me and my partner would like another baby. Our daughter is 9-so yes big age gap there!,but feel the time is right.I didn't get my first period till nearly a year later in October 2011,and then bang on four weeks later in November my next one came.But then December,nothing,January nothing and now in February-13 weeks later and still waiting.I went to the doctor and had a full blood test last friday,the results of which I got today.all good,but my thyroid seems a little underactive,but could be due to having just had a viral cold.HOWEVER :o, of all days for a development to happen,on friday night i used the bathroom and was like waw:eek: finally my periods about to start,but then it didn't.i used a pad but it was so light it didnt even stain it,but there was a very light but not blood red liquid down there.I had implantation bleeding with my daughter so im really confident that this is what it it,it most definently wasnt anything like a period even a very light one-which i have never ever had,and by Saturday it had gone completly.So i've been googeling things like mad and have to wait a week atleast for a home test to accurately confirm things.This whole depo thing has been a nightmare,:( because as soon as I came off it i started experiencing side effects-sickness,dizzyness,fatigue and now having to play a waiting game is a nightmare,in the future i defenently wount be going back on it.

Evesmum February 25th, 2012 11:22 AM

Tested again with a clear blue digital test this morning and was negative,its been 8 days since extremely light spotting-it didnt even stain the pad and was nothing like red menstrual blood,could i be pregnant and have tested too early???

BeautifullG May 7th, 2012 09:40 AM

Hi everyone. I was taking

Hi everyone. I was taking TriNessa for almost a year now. During the second week of the pills, my husband and I decided that we were going to try to get pregnant soon. So I stopped using the pills. That caused my cycle to come on April, 4. Well, I started to get all the pregnancy symptoms 2 weeks ago minus the sore breast. Even got sick several times. I knew my period was due on May 2nd. And I am ALWAYS on time. Well, on May 5th my period still wasn't on, so I decided to take a pregnancy test. And it was POSITIVE!! I am now 4 weeks and 5 days. So, good luck to everyone trying because we got pregnant immediately after getting off the pill :)

ucnat May 10th, 2012 11:20 PM

I am so glad that I've stopped the Depo now! I have been on the depo for 3 years and I've decided I want to go back on the pill. My last injection was in December and was due for my next one the end of March, which I didn't get. I still haven't got my period, almost 2 months later. I have to wait until I get my period before I start the pill cycle. During April me and my partner had unprotected sex, and so when I went to the Dr's to get a script for the pill, she said use condoms and if you still haven't got your period in a month, do a pregnancy test to make sure you're not pregnant. Did one yesterday and not pregnant. However me and my partner have risked it and not used a condom a couple of times and I have no idea if I could be pregnant or not :unsure: I knew I wouldn't get my period back straight away, the Dr. said it would only take a month or two, but I've been doing my research online and everyone seems to be saying it takes anywhere from 4 months to 1 - 1 1/2 years (or more in some cases)! I feel like i'm in limbo, I hate not knowing what's going on down there! Am I going to get my period next week or next year?! (Not that i'm in a rush to get it back lol, just so I can be back to normal!) I'm not planning to start really trying to have a baby for another few years, so i'm glad I've got off it now, instead of waiting to try for a baby and then finding out it could take another 2 years to be able to get pregnant. Until I decided to stop Depo, I thought it was fantastic, so easy 1 injection every 3 months and no period! But I wish I did my research, if I had, I wouldn't have started it!

sarahh_ May 21st, 2012 11:35 PM

At this moment I am TTC & am going to the doctor this week to see what they can do about my irregular cycles since I do not know when I ovulate. I'm thinking maybe starting the pill & after a while stop taking them will help, anyone have any advice?? Would really like to hope for a blessing soon(:

Jenn10 May 23rd, 2012 04:40 PM

I'm TTC i didn't go for my depo shot in march i got my period back fast on may 6th but i have been using opks and haven't got a positive yet I'm on cd18 any advice would help

Jenn10 May 23rd, 2012 08:13 PM

Ladies don't give up hope i got my period back in 2 monthes don't loose hope :smile:

Melmont M August 21st, 2012 07:36 AM

Hi Ladies I am new here and I

Hi Ladies

I am new here and I have been using birth control injections for the past two years.I started by using the injection for two months (not sure what is it called) for one year and ten months.I stopped using it since it was making me bleed heavily.The nurses changed me to the injection for three months (think it's Depo-vera).I only used it for the first three months and I stopped using it again since I was ready to conceive.What I want to know now is: How long should I wait before I get pregnant cause it has been 7 months already since I stopped preventing and I have been trying to get pregnant but I just can't.

Concerned Lady

aspen.keesler January 4th, 2013 10:29 PM

I have the Mirena IUD. I got

I have the Mirena IUD. I got it after I had a miscarriage/D&C 12 weeks into my pregnancy, I hate the thing and I've had it for only 2 months. I want to get it removed, but I'm 17 and there's the whole parental issue, even though I'll be 18 in 5 months. It hurts, I'm breaking out like crazy, I feel pregnant all over again. I started having this stuff squirt out at the most random times. It's like melted butter, but with no scent, that's the only way I can describe it. I hate it. I have to wear a pad 24/7 even if I'm not on period. At first I thought I might be peeing my pants, but then I looked at it and it started happening 3 to 4 times a day and I asked my mom about it, but she says its just discharge, I don't know though. It's gross. I want it out and I've heard from tons of women that they've taken theirs out themselves, but I'm scared about it. I'd rather have my doctor do it, but he's a firm believer in telling my mom everything and I'd rather be on the pill, but my mom won't let me since I pregnant on it. I'm not comfortable with the NUVA Ring, and I can't get the depo shot due to my hormones(they reject things I guess?), and I'm allergic to condoms, so this is my only choice if I continue to have sex. But I HATE it! Is there anything else? (Besides being abstinent.)