JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   JustMommies Article Commentary (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1108-justmommies-article-commentary/)
-   -   Hair Dye and Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1108-justmommies-article-commentary/1834471-hair-dye-and-pregnancy.html)

ArGuEtA MoM January 11th, 2010 10:43 PM

Hair Dye and Pregnancy

Quote:

Is it safe to color your hair during pregnancy?If you aren’t a natural blonde, brunette or redhead, you may be one of the hundreds of women that use hair dye as their secret weapon to looking beautiful. Now that you are pregnant you may be wondering if it is safe to continue coloring your hair during your pregnancy. The answer is probably.
Read more

ArGuEtA MoM January 11th, 2010 10:43 PM

Everyone in my family always

Everyone in my family always told me your not suppose to dye your hair when your pregnant because of the ammonia that it could do damage to you and the baby since your not suppose to be inhaling chemicals.

~Sandy~ January 12th, 2010 11:54 AM

Re: Everyone in my family always

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArGuEtA MoM (Post 18627131)
Everyone in my family always told me your not suppose to dye your hair when your pregnant because of the ammonia that it could do damage to you and the baby since your not suppose to be inhaling chemicals.

Ammonia doesn't do anything of the sort to you or the baby. Yeah the smell might make you sick, but past that.. nothing. There are worse chemicals in what you use to clean your bathroom then are in hair coloring anymore.

holly.riffe April 12th, 2010 10:35 PM

OK, i'm a hair stylist and it

OK, i'm a hair stylist and it is ok to dye your hair. Ammonioa is not used in most hair dyes used today, all u need to do is talk to your stylist about what color there using and asking if it as ammonia?? also i would not use henna color to color your hair, first off its horriable to use and makes a huge mess and also after u use it, u can't switch to regular hair color it will fry your hair off!

*babylove* April 13th, 2010 01:53 PM

Re: Hair Dye and Pregnancy

I agree with holly. Hair color is harmless.

yessi August 17th, 2010 01:13 PM

i THiNK iTZ BETTER TO ASK YUR

i THiNK iTZ BETTER TO ASK YUR DOCTOR OF COURSE THEY'LL KNOE

newmommy1987 September 8th, 2010 07:54 AM

This is my first pregnancy

This is my first pregnancy and I'm a little scared. I don't want to worry, and I have lots of friends and family to help me, I guess....

Ashes_from_Bermy February 16th, 2011 10:28 AM

I have been dying my hair since I was 12 years old. I am currently 11 weeks pregnant and asked my doctor about this because I kept hearing so many different mixed oppinions. My doctor says the same thing. It is perfectly safe to dye your hair. HOWEVER, you should remember to do a test strand!! even if you use the same color you have always used there is a chance that the dye will react differently with your hair now that you are pregnant and the color can come out differently!!

deniselaura68 February 17th, 2011 01:47 AM

my sister had done a hair dye during her pregnancy and she was looking awesome...and there was no harm caused to my niece :)

mummydelicious3 March 7th, 2011 09:08 AM

OMg I really need to dye my

OMg I really need to dye my hair i am 13weeks preggie and all those nasty grey hairs have started to come through!!

annette5002 July 19th, 2011 09:31 PM

They say to do it if you want

They say to do it if you want to, my doctor said to wait till I was 12 weeks, so I just went back to my natural color.

Mommy2b382013 September 17th, 2012 06:45 AM

My doctor had told me to wait

My doctor had told me to wait till I'm 20 weeks. I'm already 15 weeks.

coralyn002 November 15th, 2013 05:58 AM

My doctor said it is okay

My doctor said it is okay after the second trimester. Wear a face mask to avoid the hair dye fumes too!

MomsRule March 19th, 2014 12:23 PM

I wish I knew it was safe with my first. I looked awful!

MomsRule March 19th, 2014 12:24 PM

Of course next week it will probably be bad for you again!

MomsRule March 19th, 2014 12:26 PM

Is smoking good for yet? hahaha