JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   JustMommies Article Commentary (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1108-justmommies-article-commentary/)
-   -   Clomid and Twins: What are your chances of having twins if you take Clomid? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1108-justmommies-article-commentary/1972523-clomid-and-twins-what-your-chances-having-twins-if-you-take-clomid.html)

gorgeous_28 May 9th, 2010 11:10 PM

Clomid and Twins: What are your chances of having twins if you take Clomid?

Quote:

Almost everyone has heard of Clomid.  It is one of the most commonly prescribed fertility medications and it has a great reputation for increasing a woman’s fertility.  In fact, it has such a great reputation for boosting fertility that many women assume that taking Clomid will greatly increase your chances of having twins.  While it certainly can increase your odds of
Read more

gorgeous_28 May 9th, 2010 11:10 PM

can clomid be bought over the

can clomid be bought over the counter or even without prescription?

pattyandthemoos May 10th, 2010 07:11 AM

Re: can clomid be bought over the

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorgeous_28 (Post 20124916)

It is illegal to buy Clomid without a prescription.

read baby December 31st, 2010 01:53 PM

My husband and I have been

My husband and I have been trying to convieve for the last year and have had no luck so far so we went to the Dr. I started On December 10th and began taking 50mg Clomid on cd's 3-7. On CD 11 I had a ultra sound that showed two really good follicles ( around 20-24 in size) and they gave me a shot of HCG , the following day CD12 was my OVD and we did a IUI, My husbands sperm count was 70 million with 90% mibilty. Does this mean I have a higher chance of concieve? And if I do concieve does it raise my chances of having twins?

read baby December 31st, 2010 01:55 PM

Re: can clomid be bought over the

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorgeous_28 (Post 20124916)

I have read and seen that you can buy it over the counter but its hard to say if I is safe or as reliable ??

Delekatala December 31st, 2010 03:29 PM

Re: Clomid and Twins: What are your chances of having twins if you take Clomid?

I am gonna be the party pooper who chimes in and says Please do not take clomid just to try to have multiples.

A multiple pregnancy is no picnic, it is a risk to both mother and babies. It is 4 times harder than a singleton.

I took clomid because I do not ovulate on my own, got pregnant with twins. Gave birth 3 months early, and one of my twins suffered from a painful disease caused by prematurity and subsequently passed away at 16 days old.

Ask anyone on the moms of multiples board, We love our babies, but would tell anyone NOT to try for twins.

One big fat healthy baby is plenty of joy!

read baby January 3rd, 2011 05:53 PM

Im so sorry to hear that. I am only trying for one that would be great! I also dont ovulate becuase I have pcos. it is very frustrating. I will be very happy if I could just get pregnant soon!

Lamikawil April 20th, 2012 05:25 PM

Is it in cvs store,how much?

Is it in cvs store,how much?

Mrsc1029 April 23rd, 2012 04:47 PM

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for about 5 months. My doc just mentioned taking clomid....I'm on the fence about taking it because I think I would feel like a "failure" as a woman by not being able to conceive on our own. We ar both healthy and have no medical issues, should I wait or just try?

Baby_Makes_3 May 16th, 2012 11:04 AM

I had to take Clomid and due to that, I am now watching my beautiful 7 and a half month old play. I don't think I'm a failure at all for needing a little help. Besides, how could I be a failure when I have an amazing baby to show for it?

leilaa June 9th, 2012 10:03 AM

I am a fraternal twin myself

I am a fraternal twin myself and I am about to start taking clomid, my only question is if anyone has heard if you are a twin your chances of having twins are even higher?

ivelis777 January 22nd, 2013 06:06 AM

Hi I am just starting my first cycle on clomid I don't have ovulation problems though and my husbands sperm count is great according to his lab results we have been trying to conceive for 11 years with no success. So the doctor gave me clomid and metaphormine. What do u guys think will it work for me am so scared cause we have waited so long. Any suggestions??

Aosborn62 August 16th, 2013 06:16 PM

I did 1 round of clomid due to low progesterone levels and conceived the first month. I found out at my 12 week sonogram i was having twins! We have no twins in either side of our families so it is very possible to conceive multiples on clomid.

MindyKana October 19th, 2013 01:56 PM

I also recommend the

I also recommend the <strong><a href="http://goo.gl/OKjez">PREGNANCY MIRACLE METHOD</a></strong> to increase fertility and have twins naturally!

derisan February 27th, 2014 12:07 AM

Yes you can if you buy at a online pharmacy that doesn't ask for a prescription. I personally buy at saferonlinepharmacy.com

brandersj April 16th, 2014 01:27 AM

Hi all. I have been on clomid or 4 years. Found out I was pregnant lastweek. WOW :o:o:o. I do think clomid is a goodway of helping when you have a problem, but i won’t recommend buying it withoutconsulting your doc first. I am a little bit scared as I am 6 weeks now andalready have a stomach..lol :DAfter waiting so long Ireally do pray for twins cause walking this road again is emotionally draining.Good luck to all the TTC mommies:)