JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   JustMommies Article Commentary (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1108-justmommies-article-commentary/)
-   -   Moms and Internet Addiction (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1108-justmommies-article-commentary/2050274-moms-and-internet-addiction.html)

hmpg July 23rd, 2010 12:55 AM

Moms and Internet Addiction

Quote:

While your kids eat lunch, you’re checking your email. You let them watch TV so that you can chat on your favorite message boards. When everyone else goes to bed, you’re checking your Twitter account to see if you have any new followers. Does any of this sound familiar?
Read more

hmpg July 23rd, 2010 12:55 AM

Internet offers a good

Internet offers a good knowledge for moms. But at the same time, working hours should not disturb family duties and responsibilities. So you need to organise yourself.

Jacobbbsmommy July 25th, 2010 12:52 AM

pretty sad that i know i fit

pretty sad that i know i fit into that category and i hate it but its like smoking was for me... addicting and i know i should quit caz its bad for me but i dont want to... took me getting pregnant to quit smoking and i think it would take me getting a second child to quit this addiction which is just as sad...

Boglarka July 25th, 2010 05:45 PM

Wow. So true what this

Wow. So true what this article points out. The Internet, Facebook, discussion forums are all great but we have to watch how much time we spend using them - and also what we end up taking time from.
I had a Facebook account but signed off a while ago because I realized I had spent more time checking on it than I should have. In the meantime, other important things - like writing an e-mail to a good friend or organizing the family photo album- got put off.
I do not regret my decision. Not for a moment.

niema July 26th, 2010 11:18 AM

Re: Moms and Internet Addiction

OMG...I'm addicted!

Daisyfields July 27th, 2010 05:12 AM

This is a nice article, and I

This is a nice article, and I truly believe that I am too, addicted. I'm trying, slowly to stop, but when you are at home w/ 4 kids, it can be the only escape to the normal of it all. Sadly, some of my time could be spent playing w/ my boys, coloring, playdoh, anything else, I know I have to stop. My iPhone doesn't helps as it enables me to do exactly what I do on my desktop. For today's society, it makes it impossible NOT to be connected to the web. And if I am going to have an addiction to something, I'd rather it be the computer than drugs, alcohol or shopping (debt). Still, an addiction is an addiction. So I suppose I have to replace my "addiction" w/ something else more productive? Another addiction?

metalhealthmama August 4th, 2010 11:50 PM

This is so true...I should be

This is so true...I should be sleeping, but what am I doing? Surfing the net and my favorite boards.

As a stay at home mom, I do feel lonely and isolated, esp since a lot of the time when my husband is home, after our son goes to bed he automatically turns on the xbox and spends the rest of the night there. Heck, half the time we don't even go to bed at the same time anymore.

Something's gotta give and this was a real eye opener.

chrissponias June 26th, 2011 08:20 PM

The internet really has a

The internet really has a magical effect. I simply love it.

peggums27 August 21st, 2011 06:38 AM

Thanks for the article I

Thanks for the article I think I may have an internet addiction lol

caroool July 5th, 2013 03:53 AM

Re: Moms and Internet Addiction

We live in an age of digital addiction. From televisions and computers to cell phones and tablets, we're in front of a video screen for many of our waking lives. Child psychology Dr. Bruce Perry has suggested that the “digital nanny” epidemic has been one of the leading reasons for the drop in children's collective attention span. It doesn't have to be that way, however, and adults must set the best instance. Here are a few tips for breaking your electronic habit. Break your electronic addiction with some common-sense tactics. They aren't hard, and require no special drugs or resort therapy.

Trish0102 September 10th, 2013 04:18 AM

i am not an internet

i am not an internet addict,but because of the technology now a days,i don't wanna be behind.