JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   JustMommies Article Commentary (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1108-justmommies-article-commentary/)
-   -   Annoying Comments About Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1108-justmommies-article-commentary/2165071-annoying-comments-about-natural-childbirth.html)

twinsplusone November 18th, 2010 01:20 PM

Annoying Comments About Natural Childbirth

Quote:

If you’re a mom that wants to have natural childbirth, you’ve probably heard a few annoying comments. Here are some of the most annoying comments people make about natural childbirth.
Read more

twinsplusone November 18th, 2010 01:20 PM

OMG, this one is #1 most

OMG, this one is #1 most annoying! I actually had a snotty receptionist at an OB's office tell me this when I inquired about the natural childbirth rate for that practice. The best response I heard was from my good friend and yoga instructor, who shot back "Of course you do!"

pattyandthemoos November 19th, 2010 07:09 AM

Re: Annoying Comments About Natural Childbirth

The one my dh has said to me is why would you want to do that if you don't have to? I don't think he really gets why I want to have natural childbirth this time but he is being supportive. I have never really heard most of these comments from my friends. I think it is because a lot of my friends and family have had natural childbirth.

KeriMomof2 November 20th, 2010 01:22 PM

I think anyone can have natural CB if that want too, and its no one elses concern! I mean you are the one havng to deal with what is coming not them.
With my 1st i was scared in to a epi :(
with my 2nd i was determend to go all natural..i went to 7 c but that was it..he ended up being 10 1/2 pounds so i feel proud of what i did do :)

I think that trying is all we can hope for..and learning all ways of coping ..knowing your options and just relising in the end that all that matters is a healthy momma and baby <3

~~> what I hated hearing the most was when i walked in the ER to give birth the nurse asked if i was have a C-section ( i was HUGE) i said no im doing a all natural vag birth...She laughed and said YEA right! :(
Well she was wrong i did have a VAg birth but she was right not all natural

chica4chocolate June 10th, 2011 12:28 PM

As the article (briefly, in a

As the article (briefly, in a nod towards accuracy)stated...these possibilities are extremely rare. If you use them to discount getting an epidural, you might as well not put your baby in a car to drive home- or take a tyelenol for a headache while pregnant. There are "fine print risks" to everything. I actually think it's fine if a woman decides these risks are too scary and doesn't want to chance it...totally understand! I just don't like how natural childbirth proponents will blow the risks of epidurals out of proportion and use scare tactics to guilt mothers into natural childbirth. To the point where they are forced into by well-meaning family members and often end up in tears and feel like they have "failed" when they ask for an epi.

Mrs.Storm September 14th, 2012 07:17 AM

I have never heard or read anything trying to scare moms into a natural childbirth. It has always been the other way around. Usually the severe risks are brought up, but so are the less detrimental ones. I think looking at the whole picture is the best idea. Weighing it all.

I'm not sure about other moms out there but there are also nonmedical reasons why I want a natural birth. I would like to experience it how nature intended for one. Also, I want to encourage the human race to not rely on medical procedures and drugs so much, for fear of one day making them required. (aka, if more and more women on Earth start getting c-sections or using epi's, then I think that years and years ((and years!)) down the road we will become unable to birth children ourselves at all.) So I would just like to do my part in trying to help humans not get to that point.

Sorry for long winded response.

Janitor September 15th, 2012 06:39 AM

What's wrong with natural childbirth?

Joyhug September 15th, 2012 09:59 AM

First birth was c section,

First birth was c section, second was natural. I did not have a choice with either one, just glad I had a healthy baby each time and I think that is the point!

LIsasasa September 15th, 2012 10:10 AM

I managed to do it with twins, it hurt like hell but totally worth it, I don't know why but.. yeah.