JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   JustMommies Article Commentary (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1108-justmommies-article-commentary/)
-   -   Are You a Married Single Mom? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1108-justmommies-article-commentary/2380460-you-married-single-mom.html)

koins July 25th, 2011 10:47 AM

Are You a Married Single Mom?

Quote:

If you have kids you know how hard the job of mothering is.  Even though married moms have a spouse to help them with household chores, parenting, and managing the home, they still may feel as overwhelmed as moms who don’t have a partner.  This situation, where women feel like they are stuck doing it all, is becoming more common and has even led to the start of internet sup
Read more

MarthaG August 3rd, 2011 01:36 AM

Re: Are You a Married Single Mom?

so true..

nartist September 1st, 2011 07:47 PM

Re: Are You a Married Single Mom?

This is my life to a t!

abbysmom0203 September 6th, 2011 07:43 PM

this is definitely my life,

this is definitely my life, especially since im a navy wife!

father November 19th, 2011 04:22 PM

Joey, I read these comments

Joey, I read these comments and I feel for you women. For the ones that are not military wives. Does your man do laundry,go food shopping,pick up things out of place ( paper towels and clothes on the floor when he gets home from work ). I do these things after coming home from work. My girl is stressed out cause there are times I do not come in as early. I have responsibilities around the house that I tend to also. A happy middle point is what is needed for husbands that are lazy but what about the guys that continue to try to cover areas around the household ( like me )cause it doesn't get done unless I take care of it. Sacrifice is part of life and it stinks too but if you don't do it.Other areas will not be taken care of. Funds could also be an issue. There are many issue's to a relationship.Being on the computer alot or the people you surround yourself with could be an issue also. These are factors. Gossiping about things to friends also cause stress between couples.I could go on and on but I want to be on the clock to get paid for this advice,haha. You do have to communication in a relationship but put all the cards on the table and divide it all up.For my finally,to the Navy wife.If your man is away working for long periods of time.You knew what you were getting in to. Financially ,it was a better life.As far as quality time, that is a different story. That is the Sacrifice you pledged to your man. Tell him to get a regular schedule job. Thank You.

amrose January 10th, 2012 09:43 AM

This is exactly how I

This is exactly how I described the way I feel to my dh, married single mom.

mommy4micandella January 21st, 2012 01:39 PM

I agree 100000000% with all

I agree 100000000% with all of this...my hubby works 4pm til midnight (off sunday/monday) so i am home with the girls all evenings...makes it hard when he wants to discipline different or gett them wound up before bed. its hard..us mommas who do it ROCK

Socksey July 3rd, 2013 05:04 AM

It's not just military

It's not just military wives....
I'm living in an area where I have no family... so no support there...
I have a husband who lives on the other side of the world and is neverhome.... so there is no emotional or physical support from him... I have to work to support me and our child... I may as well not be married...
I have all the bad bits of being both marriage and single and none of the benefits of either...