JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   JustMommies Welcome Center (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f79-justmommies-welcome-center/)
-   -   New to JM & First Time Mommy-to-be (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f79-justmommies-welcome-center/2603300-new-to-jm-and-first-time-mommy-to.html)

escape artist December 7th, 2012 12:39 PM

New to JM & First Time Mommy-to-be

Hey ladies :)

I'm new to the boards and in the midst of my first pregnancy. I'm due to have a beautiful boy on February 20th, 2013. I joined hoping to meet other woman who opted for a natural birth and learn from their experiences. I'm going through a local birth center and working with a midwife/friend. Hoping to have an all-natural water birth at the center when the time comes, but I'm admittedly quite nervous. I have found very few people I know that did not choose a hospital birthing scenario, nor have I found anyone to confide in who did not receive an epidural or other pain medication while in labor. At this point I've done a lot of self-education along with the information my midwife has provided, but lacking the first-hand stories of those who went the same route has left me feeling unprepared for all the unknowns of the big day. Hoping others here can give me some insight and advice. Thank you!

thesaifeye December 7th, 2012 09:50 PM

Re: New to JM & First Time Mommy-to-be

Hope to pass this time very confident any without any bad news. Dont take any stress and any physical pressure within this time.

escape artist December 8th, 2012 01:07 PM

Um... what?
Was that even in response to my intro? Sorry... kinda cornfused...

escape artist December 15th, 2012 10:51 AM

Nevermind I guess? :( Thought this was where the friendliest mommies were...
Oh well. I've had to figure out everything on my own so far :confused:
Guess I'll continue to do so...

kerian December 16th, 2012 07:59 AM

hi, welcome and congrats!!!!!!

sorry this board doesnt get alot of traffic.

you should check out your due date club - Due Date Club of February 2013 - JustMommies Message Boards
and the natural childbirth board - Natural Childbirth - JustMommies Message Boards

gauyeu101 December 24th, 2012 11:01 PM

I have found very few people I know that did not choose a hospital birthing scenario, nor have I found anyone to confide in who did not receive an epidural or other pain medication while in labor. At this point I've done a lot of self-education along with the information my midwife has provided, but lacking the first-hand stories of those who went the same route has left me feeling unprepared for all the unknowns of the big day. Hoping others here can give me some insight and advice. Thank you!