JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   JustMommies Welcome Center (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f79-justmommies-welcome-center/)
-   -   Just found out I'm pregnant! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f79-justmommies-welcome-center/2614447-just-found-out-im-pregnant.html)

Miracle10 January 13th, 2013 05:44 PM

Just found out I'm pregnant!

Hello All! After 9 months of trying to conceive and using OPK's the last few months, I am ecstatic to say I am pregnant for the very first time! I am super excited and nervous at the same time, although it hasn't really sunk in yet. At 10 dpo, I got a positive on an HPT and today I am 13 dpo. The line is quite dark now!

I have not yet told my hubby of 3 years. I am waiting until Wednesday (Jan. 16) which is his birthday! I plan on taking him to a nice dinner where our wedding reception was held and giving him his gifts. I will probably give him the card last, and have it signed my name and "BABY"!! Can't wait to see his reaction! I figured what could be more special than telling him on his birthday! It will mean a lot to both of us.

I plan on calling my Dr. tomorrow to set up my first appt. Still wondering when to tell our parents/siblings. As for the rest of the world, we will most likely wait a while to announce.

misskitty82 January 16th, 2013 05:44 AM

Re: Just found out I'm pregnant!

congrads!!! so happy, n excited for u!!! n SUCH a sweet idea to tell him today (happy birthday to him indeed =) ) definately keep us posted on his reaction, n just a bit of advice? i would soooo recommend a nurse-midwife to a doctor. i have 4, n my experience with a doctor with my first child left much to be desired, which is a great understatement. i got pregnant with our 2nd child, n my husband n i had some problems so i moved to my mothers which is about 78 miles away. i obviously needed prenatal care, n met with a nmw. well my husband n i reconciled, but i absolutely loved my nmw so much that even though she was so far away, i continued with her care, n since then our 3rd, n 4th have been delivered by her as well. the exerience has been that great that through the distance for all 3 pregnancies was well worth it to be with a nmw, esp one that i was lucky enough to like on my first try meeting with someone else for my babys/my prenatal care.
again, congrads!!! n keep us posted on his reaction =)

dylans_mommy January 16th, 2013 03:38 PM

Congratulations! What an awesome way to tell your hubby :)

gremespike January 16th, 2013 08:58 PM

Congratulations.. Best wishes..

jersey_gray January 16th, 2013 11:00 PM

Congratulations! Very first pregnancy, what a fun time.

MommaMandaPanda89 January 24th, 2013 08:06 AM

Congrats!!! How exciting!
That is a very neat way to tell your hubby and I can't wait to hear more about your story.
I am also pregnant with baby number one and new around here. Look forward to reading more! :)

mariadlar2003 January 24th, 2013 03:19 PM

Woohooo! vey nice birthday present. Congratulations for both of you. If it was me there was no way to keep it a secret for so long.

butterfly721 January 24th, 2013 04:07 PM

Congratulations to you and your husband! I'm very excited for you both. And I think telling him on his birthday is a GREAT idea!!