JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Labor and Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f111-labor-and-childbirth/)
-   -   How are you giving birth? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f111-labor-and-childbirth/1866196-how-you-giving-birth.html)

Snowpeas February 8th, 2010 05:31 AM

How are you giving birth?

If you aren't pregnant please answer as if you were expecting your next baby.

~Allison~ February 8th, 2010 08:11 AM

Re: How are you giving birth?

In a hospital with an OB.

ChicaChels February 8th, 2010 06:40 PM

since we dont have a birth center, hospital with midwife :)

Mom.to.PinknBlue February 9th, 2010 08:38 PM

I'll be in a hospital with an OB. I didn't have the option for a midwife because I am considered high risk.

LJD3Tdance February 14th, 2010 01:16 AM

I put the not sure yet because I have a midwife and plan to be delivered by her in the hospital, but the hospital I thought I was delivering at closed their maternity portion so now I'm in need of a visit to the hospital my midwife delivers at, if I don't like it I'll be with an OB at the hospital I thought my midwife was attached too originally, very confusing I know.

WhoaMomma! February 14th, 2010 05:12 AM

If I had my druthers, I've found a homebirth midwife willing to do HBAC with a 100% VBAC success rate! :excited:

But hubby will want with the midwives we used last time in the same hospital. I've got a while to convince him. He didn't want to use midwives at all when we first got pregnant and now he wouldn't consider an OB. So I think he can be convinced, but it's gonna take some WORK on my part.

3Sapphires February 14th, 2010 07:39 AM

really depends on where we live, if we are still here in NJ I will be having a hospital birth with my midwife.

If we move to WV it may be a homebirth, or birth center birth, or possibly traveling a few hours to vbac in a hospital.

mama von 4 February 19th, 2010 09:09 AM

both with a c/s - hope for a VBAC

Lenas Mama March 22nd, 2010 02:47 AM

Planning In the hospital with an OB

Isaeph March 22nd, 2010 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhoaMomma! (Post 19047903)
If I had my druthers, I've found a homebirth midwife willing to do HBAC with a 100% VBAC success rate! :excited:

But hubby will want with the midwives we used last time in the same hospital. I've got a while to convince him. He didn't want to use midwives at all when we first got pregnant and now he wouldn't consider an OB. So I think he can be convinced, but it's gonna take some WORK on my part.

Keep trying him. Dh was 100000% against a birth center birth with ds, but at 35 weeks with dd I came crying to him with tons of information on uc and he said ok.

I will forever uc unless one of the following happens-1-one of us feels led by God to seek help, then we'll try a hbmw first and move up the scale if need be. 2-we find a life threatening condition on u/s like a severe placenta previa or something wrong with the baby that would require immediate care from a doctor (like my cousin's 7yo was born with her intestines on the outside). 3-we have multiples and aren't confident in our ability to birth them without assistance...in which case we'll plead our case to mw's first and work our way up. 4-uc/hb becomes illegal here...which I doubt, at least on in ID. But we'd try to go somewhere else for a birth center birth then, or a hotel birth if we had to.

Mama to 4 Monsters March 22nd, 2010 08:21 AM

Hospital with an OB, but who knows who will actually do the delivering of the baby LOL.. it's been a surprise every time. With my 1st, a resident was going to deliver the baby with my OB present because he needed so many deliveries to move forward but because of the complications my OB ended up delivering. With my second, I got a different OB (who I LOVE) and she came in with another resident doctor who was working on becoming an OB and they asked if I'd mind if the resident delivered the baby while my OB supervised.. which I was fine with and good thing, because the resident and my OB ran into the room just in time to catch the baby as he came out (saving our very very scared nurse from delivering the baby) but really after 20 hours of labor who'd have thought I'd go from 6 to 10 in minutes and baby would crown without pushing. With #3 my OB came in with a Midwife who needed one more delivery and was then joining the practice and asked if I minded if the midwife delivered the baby with my OB supervised. So who knows who she'll bring in this time LOL but it will definately be at our hospital with the wonderful NICU just down the hall!

PinkFireFly March 22nd, 2010 12:45 PM

I did give birth in a hospital, it was planned with a MW but ended up with an OB... there was no MW scheduled after 12pm... grrr...

New_England_Girl March 24th, 2010 12:13 PM

Hospital with a midwife. I love my hospital.

JulieMc March 25th, 2010 08:07 PM

Hospital with an OB. The same OB as the first, but I might have to do a different hospital. My stupid insurance changed a month after I had Kelly. Fortunately, my OB goes to both hospitals. This one is about 15-20 min away though instead of just 5 minutes away.

Marias Mama March 26th, 2010 12:49 AM

emergency c/s

krissy1989 March 26th, 2010 03:03 AM

Popping in from April DDC! I voted midwife in hospital, but I'll actually be in a birthing center that's in a hospital. lol. I wasn't sure if that was different from "free standing" or not.

silverlife March 26th, 2010 04:54 PM

Julie, did I miss the thread in our PR announcing your pregnancy? Congratulations!

claudi80 November 26th, 2010 04:00 AM

In a hospital with an OB.

emsketch November 28th, 2010 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarleighJanes.Mama (Post 18995554)
I'll be in a hospital with an OB. I didn't have the option for a midwife because I am considered high risk.

:ditto:

chris93 December 9th, 2010 10:37 AM

Hospital with an OB.