JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Labor and Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f111-labor-and-childbirth/)
-   -   tearing (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f111-labor-and-childbirth/2433235-tearing.html)

desperatediasaster October 17th, 2011 06:21 PM

tearing

Did you tear? And are you tighter after?

Steph31111 November 24th, 2011 09:22 PM

Re: tearing

I did tear- front and back- and got stitches. And yes, much tighter afterwards- was not expecting that. lol

DoNiSe November 26th, 2011 06:07 PM

with # 1 i didnt tear at all
with # 2 I tore inside the lips

i dont think i am any tighter

proudlymommy December 27th, 2011 08:24 PM

I tore in two locations and was stitched up and yes much tighter, 4 months later see feels like I'm losing my virginity each time!

EverydayJoy December 30th, 2011 12:13 AM

I had a 2nd almost 3rd degree tear to the back, and while it didn't seem tighter, things do look different down there! A little looser looking maybe and more irregular.

JulieMc December 30th, 2011 07:53 PM

2nd degree tear with my first, no tearing with my second. I don't feel any tighter and if you do, I think the doc went too far with the stitching up....

.:Kati:. March 5th, 2012 10:26 PM

i had 2nd degree tearing and i just started peeing sitting down today.i had to stand over the toilet for 4 days -.-

dragonfly March 20th, 2012 11:10 PM

I tore up and down. My tear that I had near my clitoris my doctor didn't stitch though because she said I would have too much trouble peeing. I even remember feeling it when I tore... not fun lol

KerrySlater July 29th, 2012 09:58 PM

Wow!! I didnt know you could end up tighter....my stiches came out a week ago but I havent prodded down there just yet!

breastfeedin mama August 12th, 2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonfly (Post 25785053)
I tore up and down. My tear that I had near my clitoris my doctor didn't stitch though because she said I would have too much trouble peeing.

ditto.
i tore interal, external, up and down, but she tried to give me an episiotomy but my daughter came out too fast.2nd degree tearing. and yes, i'm tighter, i haven't been intimate yet because of it. i can't even get a tampon in without lube

Surrounded October 1st, 2012 11:25 PM

very mild tearing with the first and due to no intercourse for about 6 weeks things naturally tightened up on their own. Had absolutely no tearing with the second but tightened up for the same reason. Having sex of course loosened things up but I was tighter afterwards.

Urchin October 13th, 2012 05:26 PM

I tore mildly.

I am about the same as pre-baby.

For some women,there may be an "illusion" of being tighter when having intercourse after baby as the vagina is not self-lubricating as well until your regular AF returns. So it may just feel tighter when in fact there's just more friction from lack of lubrication.

Carwen*Angel October 23rd, 2012 09:37 AM

I had an episiotomy with my son. I don't remember being tighter after but certainly sore.

Earthy.Mama November 3rd, 2012 09:42 AM

I tore pretty bad with Kailey, but I was on my back pushing which is the worst position.

I had a small tear with Nola, I was sitting on a birthing stool when I pushed her out. My MW wanted to give me stitches and when I asked her how many she said "1". Sorry, but there will be NO NEEDLES near my vajayjay just for 1 stitch :lol: I told her to leave it alone and it'll heal on it's own.

As for tightness, I've never noticed a difference ever.

writerchick324 December 2nd, 2012 09:30 AM

I had second degree tearing all the way back. I was REALLY sore afterwards-and did not expect that. It was terrible for me, and I had to get Percocet to manage it. I do feel tighter though, to the point that it stings when we first start and he has to go slow, even with lube. He says I am definitely tighter!

elizabethsingler December 11th, 2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desperatediasaster (Post 25033923)
Did you tear? And are you tighter after?

I tore with my first. The doctor stitched me up WAY too far though (of course tighter) which made me tear with my second. I healed naturally though without stitches and the 3rd and 4th I didn't tear a bit.