JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Large Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/)
-   -   Do you get invited (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/1668651-do-you-get-invited.html)

shari626 August 12th, 2009 04:38 AM

Do you get invited

to people's house for dinner often?

I find that people just don't want to feed the six of us!! (Not that it upsets me) My sister never invites us over and my in laws don't very often. Just wonder if you all notice that the size of your family scares some people about inviting you over?

Sheesh - I *only* have four.

Farmers-wife August 12th, 2009 04:58 AM

Re: Do you get invited

Not except my close friends. My bil, my bff, and another almost bff, and us do stuff together pretty regularly. My father won't let us come to his 4500 sq ft house in Orlando that he shares with his 5'1 wife and stupid little dog. My inlaws would have us whenever we ask to go there, but we usually only go 2-3 times a year. They live about 2 hours from us.

mater bibit August 12th, 2009 05:59 AM

With only 3 so far we don't have this issue but we do have larger families over for meals. I will admit that it I often think, hmm .. how am I going to pull this off? when it comes to friends with 7 - 10 children in our little 1100sqft house but I know of others, with more children of their own in the same space pull such things off with ease. I think we just need more practice :D

Kristina August 12th, 2009 09:01 AM

I go to my parents fairly often for dinner during the summer, during the school year it's harder because there is so much to do. We go to dhs dads 3 or 4 times a year for dinner, and mil invites us often but we don't go so much.hmmm my aunt invites us usually twice a year,and we get invited to all of the family functions.

UrbanMomma August 13th, 2009 08:41 AM

Nope, no one invites us anywhere.

Martha83 August 13th, 2009 09:32 AM

I think it's sad that people wont invite anyone with more than 2 or 3 kids over. We dont get invited a lot of places but mostly cause we dont have a lot of friends. We have a "new" friend that has 8 kids....and they invite us over lol....and family doesnt' mind our company....but really we dont get invited many places...but we didn't when we only had 2 kids either....just for lack of friends in the area that both dh and I like LOL.....so I dont think (at this point) it's cause of our number

kassia August 15th, 2009 06:47 AM

We don't much anymore but that's because most of our friends have moved from the area. We do eat at my parents pretty often. With my parents they had four kids so I don't think they even really think about the size of my family....it's just normal.

Most the time if we are invited some place I always bring food LOL

boomersgang August 21st, 2009 04:55 PM

Occasionally my parents- mostly for holidays. No one else.