JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Large Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/)
-   -   For those of you who are done... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/1675579-for-those-you-who-done.html)

MamaJessie August 18th, 2009 07:11 PM

For those of you who are done...

Did baby fever ever go away or is it a permanent condition :p.

I was packing away the bassinet and I was TOTALLY fine with Clara being our last but already I am not sure. At all. If I had another though would I just keep getting this way, or did you finally hit a number when you were like "Oh good I am done"?

M0mmy0f6 August 18th, 2009 08:02 PM

Re: For those of you who are done...

well brayden was our last i went ahead and got a tubal done cause i was sure at that time that i absolutely didnt want anymore, well here it is 4 mos after having him just had my tubal in may and not only am i having major pain issues after having it due to Symptoms of Post Tubal Ligation Snydrome (PTLS) which i wasnt even informed of and im so angry that i didnt look into tubals prior to having mine done to find this info for myself , but im regretting my decision EVERY DAY so for me it went away and then came back lol

shari626 August 19th, 2009 03:32 AM

After four - and the issues we had with infertility - I am totally fine with four. I love babies, but I don't really want any more. I think for me though, it's because my dh got snipped and I just know it's not an option.

Now, dh on the other hand, always has baby fever!! We would probably have 10 if he had his way.

~Valerie~ August 19th, 2009 06:19 AM

I'm pretty sure I'm done, but if I sit down and think about the fact that Xavier is my last one, then I'm not so sure :lol:

boomersgang August 21st, 2009 04:51 PM

I don't think it ever completely goes away. I have 6 and I still get it now and then. I had MISERABLE pregnancies from the second I conceived (practically) to the moment I delivered (literally). And the first several months are no picnic. My youngest is 13 months old and sometimes I get this insane notion to wish I could have another (we're done - he got the big "v"). Guess I'll have to look forward to grandkids - many years from now.

shari626 August 22nd, 2009 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomersgang (Post 17036023)
I don't think it ever completely goes away. I have 6 and I still get it now and then. I had MISERABLE pregnancies from the second I conceived (practically) to the moment I delivered (literally). And the first several months are no picnic. My youngest is 13 months old and sometimes I get this insane notion to wish I could have another (we're done - he got the big "v"). Guess I'll have to look forward to grandkids - many years from now.

HOLY COW - your "baby" is 13 months already?????? :eek: I remember when you had him. Wow, time sure does fly!! :D

#5in2005 August 22nd, 2009 04:09 PM

I never have baby fever, my youngest cured me, which is a good thing because dh would maybe possibly be game for a 6th, but not likely.
My 4th was a preemie so I was scared of a repeat with #5, I found it really hard being pregnant with 4 other children to look after (I know a lot of you do it, and I managed but I wouldn't want to do it again), my labor and delivery was torture, the baby was colicky and demanding, and then turned into the most challenging toddler. She's been so worth it, but I have no desire to do it over again. Plus, this year I have started to feel like I am remembering who I am besides a mom, and am enjoying having just a bit more freedom, and I just find it easier to manage all around and be a bit more involve in our farm with dh.
I am thrilled to bits to have 2 more nieces or nephews coming next year though, I can't wait to hold them!!

kassia August 22nd, 2009 10:19 PM

Brayden is our last and I can honestly say I am so happy to be done. I have no baby fever and don't see myself getting it either.

morethanfostermom August 23rd, 2009 07:08 AM

I was "done" at 3 but then I got pregnant again :D. So THEN I was "done" at 4 and got a tubal. But I always knew we would be foster, possibly adoptive, parents. I figured we would get a toddler up to age 8 since I didn't want to do infants again, but guess what...I have loved having infants here and I am VERY excited about the fact of having a baby or two in the house again! I don't know that I will ever be DONE, but I do plan on taking an extended break to finish my school starting next year.

Motherbird August 24th, 2009 12:07 PM

I never thought I'd feel "done" but the done feeling finally came after baby #5. I still have thoughts about more babies now and then but I feel like I'm too old for another. I know what you mean about the bassinet though. My youngest is almost 2 and I still cannot bring myself to take the bassinet out of my room. It's still there by my bed and I just don't want to get rid of it at all. Much too sad.