JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Large Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/)
-   -   Hello and Question (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/2226967-hello-and-question.html)

psboden January 23rd, 2011 09:30 AM

Hello and Question

Hi! My name is Sarah, I'm new around here :). We just found out yesterday we are expecting #5! We have one DD (7.5) and 3 DS (6, 4.5, 3). I have a question for you all...when we got pregnant with #4 our oldest was almost 4 so obviously too young to really care. This time though, they are all asking for a baby sister (yeah we'll see about that!) and I know especially DD is going to be over the moon. I was just wondering when have you told your older kids? I was thinking of waiting till at least the 6 wk ultrasound...if I get one. We are in a new state and new dr so not sure yet how they do things. Any thoughts on that? Not telling them means being very limited on who we tell, and I normally tell right away :). So that is HARD...already I want to shout from the rooftops!!!

Kierasmom January 23rd, 2011 12:33 PM

Re: Hello and Question

Welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy. I always tell my kids right away. :)

HippyMomOf4 January 23rd, 2011 12:33 PM

I told my kiddos right away they are younger though but I couldn't keep it from them.hehe

erjo January 23rd, 2011 12:51 PM

We waited a couple weeks b/c I wasn't ready to tell people at Christmas. Once we were ready to tell everyone, we told our kids.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

mom2many2010 January 23rd, 2011 01:26 PM

As the norm I tell around 8 weeks. With the last one I was almost 5 months and the only reason they new was cause my oldest DD caught me throwing up in some bushes. We knew the oldest kids wouldn't be happy so I held off saying anything plus I didn't figure it out till I was almost 3 months along. Your's are pretty young though so I bet they will be very excited!

Mommyx12 January 23rd, 2011 01:31 PM

We usually tell right away. But we don't tell the kids until we are ready for everyone to know because they LOVE sharing the news!

Momtothe6thpower January 23rd, 2011 03:25 PM

Like the others, I don't tell them until I'm really to tell the rest of the family.

#5in2005 January 23rd, 2011 03:54 PM

So, I had my kids in about the same timeframe as yours, they were 8,6,5 and 3 when I had my 5th.

We told my oldest pretty early on, she keeps a secret quite well but we she did want to tell her teacher REALLY badly, so she did get to. We didn't tell the others untill we were ready for the world to know, #2 is not a good secret keeper and the rest were little.

8miraclez January 23rd, 2011 08:46 PM

My kids still don't know we are expecting #7. They can't keep a secret so until we are ready for everyone to know, we aren't telling them. If I thought they could keep a secret, I would have told them as soon as we saw a heartbeat.

Sassafrass January 24th, 2011 08:16 AM

Welcome and congrats!

We have always told our kids right away :)

MissyMoo January 25th, 2011 02:07 AM

Welcome and congratulations on you r pregnancy. My kids have always been too young to get it so haven't told them until i started to show. Now that they are a little older I would probably tell them once we know.