JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Large Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/)
-   -   who gets along the best/worst (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/2576267-who-gets-along-best-worst.html)

#5in2005 September 22nd, 2012 06:15 AM

who gets along the best/worst

In your house, which kids get along really well? Which tend to butt heads? Is there any one that is usually in the middle of trouble?

My #4 and #5 are definetly the ones that get along the least. It's not like they fight constantly, but those two have the hardest time getting along. Whenever they play

My oldest 2 were 2 peas in a pod when they were little and for the longest time, I'd say now my #2 and #3 are closest and otherwise #3 and #4.

The ones usually a part of trouble are my oldest when she's moody and always my youngest. Sometimes she drives me nuts and sometimes I get it, they don't always treat her nice (like take away remotes from her because they're bigger and they can).

My kids generally tend to get along pretty well but you know, we all have our moments.....

clouise September 22nd, 2012 06:43 AM

Re: who gets along the best/worst

All mine get along really well....they're a clannish bunch. I have to get on them about including other kids when we go places....they've never lacked for playmates among themselves.

Little Matt is everyone's favorite sibling though. All the girls fight over him. He is the sweetest, and will give those girls the shirt off his back. I have to step in there too, and remind him he doesn't HAVE to give his toys or his treats or whatever to the girls. They're his, and he can say no.

Despite his good heart, it is always Matt who ends up making me nuts. He likes to take things apart to see how they work...like electronic things. It's hit or miss on getting them back together...ugh. And he's loud and very busy, which has a way of pushing my buttons. Then of course Katy is a handful. It's easy to blame that on her being two, but I have a feeling she will always be a handful.

2pinks&ablue September 22nd, 2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clouise (Post 26562547)
Little Matt is everyone's favorite sibling though. All the girls fight over him. He is the sweetest, and will give those girls the shirt off his back. I have to step in there too, and remind him he doesn't HAVE to give his toys or his treats or whatever to the girls. They're his, and he can say no.

We have this with Rylan too, must be something about being the only boy! If any of the girls want something, he gives it to them, no questions asked!

So far I only really have Alyssa (5) and Rylan (3.5) to compare because Sophia (14 months) and Hannah (2 weeks) are too young to fight or get along with anyone really. Alyssa and Rylan get along really well for the most part though, although they have off days now and then too.

mom2many2010 September 22nd, 2012 07:34 AM

It changes somewhat in my house. The oldest all have a favorite.

Ted (#1) tolerates them, he tries but because of his disabilities and all of that stuff he doesn't always know how to deal with them, but Aiden (#7) love to interact with him.

Samantha (#2) and Vanna (#6) are the closest, but they are a lot alike. Of the younger kids, she is probably the favorite.

Lupan(#3) does well with all of them, but him and Kailyn (#8) are the closest.

Megan (#4) and Kailyn are the tightest, especially now that Megan is out of school. Kailyn rarely comes to me when she has a problem, she usually goes to Megan. Now the other younger kids have a love hate relationship with her...they tend to rub each other the wrong way. Especially Megan and Cole (#5).

Cole can barely tolerate Aiden. Aiden just get's on his nerves and Cole can be mean to him...working on that one.

Vanna Get's along with all of them for the most part and is a really good sister to /kailyn.

Kailyn and Aiden get along great. They play well and enjoy one another.

And if you followed that you are doing good lol

It changes somewhat in my house. The oldest all have a favorite.

Ted (#1) tolerates them, he tries but because of his disabilities and all of that stuff he doesn't always know how to deal with them, but Aiden (#7) love to interact with him.

Samantha (#2) and Vanna (#6) are the closest, but they are a lot alike. Of the younger kids, she is probably the favorite.

Lupan(#3) does well with all of them, but him and Kailyn (#8) are the closest.

Megan (#4) and Kailyn are the tightest, especially now that Megan is out of school. Kailyn rarely comes to me when she has a problem, she usually goes to Megan. Now the other younger kids have a love hate relationship with her...they tend to rub each other the wrong way. Especially Megan and Cole (#5).

Cole can barely tolerate Aiden. Aiden just get's on his nerves and Cole can be mean to him...working on that one.

Vanna Get's along with all of them for the most part and is a really good sister to /kailyn.

Kailyn and Aiden get along great. They play well and enjoy one another.

And if you followed that you are doing good lol

UrbanMomma September 22nd, 2012 08:20 AM

All my girls love #2 (Aaron), of course ALL girls love #2.

#4 (Laliyaah) and #5(Naathaniel) get along great, rarely fight. #4 gets along with everyone though, as long as they don't mess with her stuff or get in her room. She is super neat and organized and likes everything in its place.

#5 is also a "hero" to #7 (Isaiaah). Zay LOVES his bro, he plays superheroes with him all the time and takes time to show him how to play Skylanders.

My #6 (Zari) has the hardest time getting along with everyone and her and #3 (Elijaah) can't get along ever. #6 is very good with #9 (Kya) and will play with her a lot.

Really, they all get along the majority of the time, but like PP said, they have their moments. They are also "clannish"...as much as they tease each other, don't let someone else pick on one of them or it's ON!!!

Repti.Mom September 22nd, 2012 08:49 AM

Sydney doesn't get along with anyone. It's sad to say, but it's seriously peaceful when she's not here.

RJ and Becca get along the best I think. Becca and Noah get along pretty good too.

Sebastian doesn't relate to anyone yet, that makes me sad too :/

HalfDozen September 22nd, 2012 10:17 AM

It depends on the day. With all girls, we've got the hormones raging every day it seems. Usually, Jasmine (#1) gets along best with Ana (#3), but it just depends. Jasmine has more in common with Kirsten (#2). Katie (#4) is the favorite of both Kirsten and Ana, but most certainly NOT Jasmine. And really, when Kirsten is not here, it is peaceful. Like someone else, I know it's an awful thing to say. She is a pot stirrer and likes to tattle. For her, everything has to be "fair". I know that they will appreciate each other more as they get older, just like my sisters and I did.

MamaJessie September 22nd, 2012 06:11 PM

Usually 3&4 get along the best sometimes 1&2.

Just_Marie September 22nd, 2012 07:45 PM

#1 and 2 always fight, they're 18 months apart and have power issues, lol

#1 gets along best with #5

The twins are each other's best friends

#2 loves sharing with the twins

mamato4andc September 23rd, 2012 02:04 PM

Thankfully they all get along most of the time. The older 2 are probably the closest. (Israel 7, Sofia 5).

Kristina September 24th, 2012 06:15 AM

well here it is hit or miss with the older 3, sometimes, Ness(1) and Xan(2) get along really well but then they fight over the stupidest things, actually they pretty much get along until one of them has a friend over then its drama drama drama. Thayer loves to antagonize everyone esp his older sisters. But he plays well with Alorah and Nathalia when they are playing "his" games. Alorah and Nathalia get along the best though very rarely do they fight, Nathalia seems to be Xandrias favorite sister. Xan always has Nathalia sleep with her lol. Malayna plays well with Alorah and Nathalia esp since she started school she seems to have matured and doesn't always have to have her way. Sawyer worships Thayer, and Thayer is very very patient with him. Sawyer and Ryder are starting to play more and more together. Although they do already physically fight. Malayna, Sawyer and Ryder are tolerated by all of the older kiddos.

Janessa used to be the biggest pita with her siblings it just seemed that they all loved to antagonize her but lately she has calmed down. Alorah when tired is the biggest BRAT you have ever seen but only when she is tired other wise she is very helpful and respectful.

justjaQ September 24th, 2012 08:05 PM

my boys are 9 yrs, 2.5 yrs and 8 months, while my daughter is 6.5 yrs. she adores all of her brothers; she's a little mommy, as i call her. but my 2.5 year old (possibly autistic, and very aggressive and violent and cocky) butts heads with all the kids (literally, even), and well, everyone. he's a difficult child, but we love him. :)

he really adores the baby, though he will randomly try to hurt him.

Momtothe6thpower September 25th, 2012 08:14 AM

They all have their moments of getting along and not getting along.

Everyone seems to like the baby and #4 seems to do the least complaining about anyone. He's pretty mellow but the others all seem to pick on him the most. My oldest is the worst and she has absolutely no reason to be so angry with a 5 yr old. Makes me sad.:(