JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Large Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/)
-   -   Pregnant at same as DD? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/2579741-pregnant-same-dd.html)

10thtimearound October 1st, 2012 03:43 PM

Pregnant at same as DD?

NO NO That is not the case here lol

But what do you think?

I personally don't want to be expecting at same as my daughter is.

I would want her to be in the spot light and spoil her rotten as her father has done to me. I never had parents growing up as I was a Foster kid so I can't wait to be a mom with a a expecting DD!

Now my dd has NO plans for babies till she finishes her music degree she started in College when her and Dh we courting and plans to continue in Jan.

I am not sure how I feel about having babies after grand kids start coming. That another topic LOL

therevslady October 1st, 2012 05:44 PM

Re: Pregnant at same as DD?

My grandmother was the last of 12. Her oldest sister was pregnant with her niece at the same time her mother was pregnant with her. She and her niece grew up as best friends and are still very close. Her niece's oldest son lives in my neighborhood and our families are pretty close as well.

mom2many2010 October 1st, 2012 07:07 PM

Let's see... my kids are 21, 20, 20, 18, 11, 8, 6 and 2.

My siblings are...32, 21, 18 and 16.

My mom and I were pregnant at the same time.

~mommy~ October 2nd, 2012 06:15 AM

My Grandma and Aunt (Grandma's DIL) were pregnant at the same time. I'm pretty sure Grandma would have had more, but Grandpa died when he was 49. :(

Momtothe6thpower October 2nd, 2012 06:20 AM

No thanks!

Babymakes8 October 2nd, 2012 06:36 AM

I'm done having kids, so when my kids are having theirs I can spoil them and be in "grandma" mode.

I have two siblings at 17 and 13 (14 next month) and my daughter is 13. Not only were we pregnant at the same time, she was just further along, but I was planning my wedding, and an Aunt thought it would be great to throw my mom a baby shower and then doubled it up as baby shower for mom/bridal shower for me. I was pissed.

None of my friends were invited, none of my family showed up, except my mom, grandmother, and the nut job aunt that hosted it.

I felt like my mom's pregnancy over shadowed my wedding, and the spot light was on her instead of me. So, bad subject for me.

A month or so later found out that I was pregnant and when we announced it, we got more comments about how mom and I were pregnant together than I did "Congratulations on your first baby". etc.

My sister, who's 5 months older than my daughter, is spoiled, snotty, and she's had self image issues she tries to push on my daughter. (like women's breasts are disgusting, can't play with my daughter if she's just wearing shorts and a short shirt because she's "naked", and then told my daughter the details of how babies are made when they were VERY young. (my sister has some medical difficulties that caused her to mature as early as 6 and they had to have the talk with her, because the doctors were putting her on meds to STOP her from going through puberty at age 6/7).

My mom was so focused on raising her last 2 kids, since us first 3 were all teenagers when they were born, that until the last year or two, she wasn't really in "grandma" mode. We've had issues where she wanted to harshly punish OUR children when she wouldn't punish her own at all for the same kind of behaviors.

She has also homeschooled both my younger brother and sister, and we feel she's done the kids a real disservice. She didn't put enough effort into activities or learning environments for the kids, so my 17 yr old brother who should be a senior is just now doing 6 grade work, and he can't work out basic math. My sister is dyslexic, struggled to learn to read, should be in 7/8th grade and is doing 4th grade work.

So yea. Sensitive issue for me, and I'm sure other mom's who have babies at the same time as their daughter are not like my mom, so please don't take my opinions/feelings on it to mean I don't think ANYONE should have that experience. My experiences with it just sucked royally.

Repti.Mom October 2nd, 2012 06:41 AM

That doesn't sound like a very pleasant experience :(

I don't even want to really think about being a grandma any time soon. I don't really like other people's kids, and I'm hoping it's not that way with my grand kids.

That being said, DH is 40, and Jayde is only 9, so by the time she's in her 20's he'd be in his 50's and I'm not sure if we'll be having kids then.

clouise October 2nd, 2012 07:58 AM

I guess it is possible, since I had my oldest at just 20. It would have to be a BIG surprise though....I have no plans for any kids at that point in my life.

Now I have "Father of the Bride 2" on my mind, lol.

mom2many2010 October 2nd, 2012 09:06 AM

My mom was told she couldn't have anymore kids. Imagine her surprise. It only took my mom 23 years of my life to give me the brother I always asked for lol

sarahlorrain October 3rd, 2012 06:47 AM

Clare is 10, and I really hope I'm not having children in another 8-15 years. So I don't think it will happen.

I have a friend who was pregnant with her 5th while her teenage daughter was pregnant.

UrbanMomma October 3rd, 2012 11:55 AM

Well my oldest daughter is only 9, so I am pretty sure I won't still be having kids when she does, but Isaac is 18, so I guess it would be possible for him to be in a relationship and have a child at the same time as me....IF I have anymore. Stress that IF!!

Kristina October 5th, 2012 05:25 AM

It could happen I guess I had dd #1 at 20 so it is feasible. My mom had a neice who was older than her she grew up really close to her neices and nephews, they were more like siblings because her closest sibling was 4 years older and the next was 8 years older.

#5in2005 October 5th, 2012 07:14 AM

I sincerely hope it doesn't happen to me, because if I'm going to be surprised with another baby, I'd rather have it happen sooner than later.

My one uncle (the one that laughed when he found out my mom was pregnant at 40) became a grandpa for the first time and then had his last child 5 months later. My aunt says its not that fun, because her youngest child and her grandchild are the same age and grade and she can't spoil her grandchild with treats or whatever because then her own kid thinks it's unfair (which I can see) and the grandchild comes for a playdate with his uncle more than to visit grandma and grandpa.

wishing October 9th, 2012 07:07 PM

I don't see me being pregnant at the same time. I do have a son who is currently 10 and has told me that he is sure he will have a baby before he is 20...lol. But I am sure he will change his mind or I will change it for him...lol. Also even if he did I still don't think I would be having a baby at the same time that would put me at 44.

Counting our Blessings October 10th, 2012 11:56 AM

Funny to think about. I'm 38 and our oldest DD is only 12....so we'd really be pushing it.

HalfDozen October 10th, 2012 12:35 PM

I'm thinking that better not be an option! My oldest is almost 16, and after this one, we really ARE done.