JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Large Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/)
-   -   We found a new place! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/2607833-we-found-new-place.html)

clouise December 22nd, 2012 09:30 AM

We found a new place!

We have been looking to move for a while now. Our lease is up, and we're month to month, so I've been checking places out. We live on a military base, so our rent is equal to our BAH (housing allowance.) Currently we live in a four bedroom 1300 square foot duplex. We wait listed ourselves for another base, 45 minutes away, which had very large, very nice, five bedroom houses. Same price.

However....our BAH is going up in 2013 to like $2700. Yeah, Washington DC is expensive, but I am not paying $2700 to live anywhere. When we moved in a year ago our rent was like $1881. How did it go up that much in a year and a half??

Anyway...we found a lovely home to rent yesterday. It is $1650 a month, so well under our budget. We went and met the owner and he doesn't care that we have four kids and four cats. Let me tell you...that is RARE. The cats are usually a dealbreaker. They are declawed and litter trained though...they cause no issues.

I love this house so much! It is 2000 square feet, so quite a bit bigger. It is only three bedrooms, but all three are crazy big. The upstairs has the two kid bedrooms and a jack and jill bathroom in between. I have always wanted those! It has a deck and fenced yard. And the neighborhood is nice and quiet with a low speed limit. There is a very nice elementary school less than a mile from the house, if we decide to try that instead of homeschooling next year. And it is only a block from the Chesapeake bay, with a pier we can use.

Sounds awesome, doesn't it? It will be about 45 minutes for dh to get to work, instead of 15. He is fine with that though, and it really does put us in a much better area. It's a quiet town of just 4,000. Just the kind of place I'd like to live.

~mommy~ December 22nd, 2012 10:31 AM

Re: We found a new place!

Yay!!! Hope it works out for you.

AmiraX4 December 22nd, 2012 10:44 AM

Oh that's wonderful sounds nice. Hope your move goes smoothly.

sarahlorrain December 22nd, 2012 11:39 AM

Sounds really awesome!

Just_Marie December 22nd, 2012 12:08 PM

that sounds great!

mom2many2010 December 22nd, 2012 05:25 PM

That sounds really nice! I also love Jack and jill bathrooms. Kinda reminds me of the Brady Bunch lol

HalfDozen December 22nd, 2012 05:47 PM

That sounds perfect! I hope you get it and that all goes smoothly!

#5in2005 December 22nd, 2012 05:49 PM

sounds really great! When do you move?

MIL2lissy8 December 22nd, 2012 09:18 PM

that sounds great! its really nice there near the bay -- good for you guys.

clouise December 23rd, 2012 08:53 AM

Thanks ladies, I really hope it works out. We don't have anything in writing yet, but did come to kind of a verbal agreement with the owner. Hopefully we can get everything set up next week when Christmas has passed. We would move in early February.

2pinks&ablue December 23rd, 2012 01:40 PM

It sounds awesome! Hoping it all works out :)

Counting our Blessings December 23rd, 2012 06:48 PM

How exciting!!!! Do you have room for us when we all come visit ;)?

Sounds great!