JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Large Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/)
-   -   Don't eat that!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/2610539-dont-eat.html)

Repti.Mom January 2nd, 2013 09:24 AM

Don't eat that!!

Do any of your kids put stuff in their mouth or chew on stuff that's not food? (Not including little babies of course)

mom2many2010 January 2nd, 2013 09:53 AM

Re: Don't eat that!!

Yep, every single day, and it's not the babies. My 19 year old is as bad as a 1 year old.

Repti.Mom January 2nd, 2013 10:13 AM

RJ is terrible about this. He gets 'naughty notes' from school about eating his erasers, and he constantly is chewing on something here. I swore he would have broken his tooth the other day when he bit a lego. :rolleyes:

mom2many2010 January 2nd, 2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repti.Mom (Post 26926311)
RJ is terrible about this. He gets 'naughty notes' from school about eating his erasers, and he constantly is chewing on something here. I swore he would have broken his tooth the other day when he bit a lego. :rolleyes:

It's probably a sensory thing, you might think about getting some of these for him. they worked wonders for Cole.

Amazon.com: CHEW STIXX PENCIL TOPPERS: Toys & Games

Amazon.com: CHEW STIXX ORAL CHEW (MOST DURABLE ORAL MOTOR CHEW WE SELL*): Toys & Games

Repti.Mom January 2nd, 2013 11:16 AM

im not sure that sending that to school is a great idea germ wise lol never seen anything like it though!

AmiraX4 January 2nd, 2013 11:35 AM

I havent noticed really any of them doing that. But I will sometimes find my 3yr daughter biting on something like a flower sticker or bead. very dangerous I know and scary. but not often.

mom2many2010 January 2nd, 2013 11:35 AM

Germ wise a quick rinse takes care of it. Cole is my biggest chewer so his teacher got him them and it also helped him maintain focus on what he was doing. Plus we weren't going through a ton of pencils and erasers with him.

AmiraX4 January 2nd, 2013 11:39 AM

Mom2many=====thats really cool.... that would be nice for me to use..:giggle:

seriously I get tension built in my jaws and usually use 2 wide pencils or eraser to clamp down on in my teeth to relieve that tension.

might get one ;)

Repti.Mom January 2nd, 2013 11:53 AM

The thought of chewing a pencil gives me the shivers.

I could chew one of those though probably. Maybe I'll ask her if he can have gum at school. I'll have her be in charge so he doesn't just eat packs at a time.

Just_Marie January 2nd, 2013 07:11 PM

so far none

paigestephymom January 2nd, 2013 07:57 PM

My identical twin daughters love to put play dough on their mouth. I have to watch them to make sure they don't try eat and also they love to grab dirt and eat it.

Farmers-wife January 2nd, 2013 08:25 PM

My 3yo chews on her blankie. Yuck.

2pinks&ablue January 3rd, 2013 02:31 PM

My almost 4yo chews on things sometimes, absent mindedly. The other day it was a dump truck, like a big tonka one! I just looked at him like, really?!

Counting our Blessings January 3rd, 2013 06:44 PM

Our 4 year old also chews on his blankie and the ends of his sleeves.

Any suggestions?