JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Large Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/)
-   -   Small to big (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/2612564-small-to-big.html)

kazarmo January 8th, 2013 08:18 AM

Small to big

Thinking that maybe itís time to introduce myself now too.

Iím Brooke, I have a 16 year old from a previous relationship. A one year old from my SO, and two soon to be stepchildren that are 13 and 10.
Iím also pregnant-again- haha- and due on March 30th.

This makes a total of 5 kids for us, and I feel really bad for SO because we have ALL GIRLS!

SO and I are set to get married on August 24th.

Honestly Iím pretty happy with how things have turned out. I went from having 1 kid for 14 years to having 5 kids in under 2 years. It sure is crazy how life happens.

We are done though with kids, Iím getting my tubes tied after this one. Financially I just donít think we can handle anymore. SO pays a whopping amount of child support for the two from his ex marriage.
My oldest daughter lives in the basement, she has a finished basement and the stinker has the biggest bedroom in the house. She loves it!
My two stepdaughters share a room (we have them 50% of the time)
And my baby has her own room but will be sharing once this baby moves out of our room.

I currently work part-time and am thinking about quitting entirely but just canít seem to do it. I like having the money to buy things and pay for extra things that are needed or wanted. Like nice birthdays and Christmas for the kids. Plus my income is helping to pay for the wedding coming up. Even though Iím doing it really cheap (Iím very frugal) you still need some money to throw a wedding. However with two babies in daycare there really wonít be any extra money once that bill is paid. My 16 year old has offered to watch the babies for the summer so I can continue working if I like ( I pay her about half of what I would pay a daycare)

So thatís me and my life in a nutshell.

Farmers-wife January 8th, 2013 08:30 AM

Re: Small to big

Welcome. Congrats on new baby and the wedding. It will be wonderful. I want a wedding again. I need new towels and dishes.

kazarmo January 8th, 2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmers-wife (Post 26948123)
Welcome. Congrats on new baby and the wedding. It will be wonderful. I want a wedding again. I need new towels and dishes.

Lol> I like you.
Shoot I didnít even think about the gift part.
Itís going to be a small wedding, up to 50 closest family and friends.
Do I registry somewhere if we already have a house together and everything in it?
I would love to get new stuff but I donít want to be presumptuous.

Repti.Mom January 8th, 2013 10:26 AM

Welcome! Congrats on all the girls :)

I don't know what the correct thing is to do with the wedding. I think people will assume they're supposed to bring a gift, but some might wonder. Since it's all close people, maybe tell a few that you HAVE a registry, but don't expect gifts? They can spread the word. Or put that on your invites.

Farmers-wife January 8th, 2013 11:32 AM

No, do not put it on invitations. Yes, go register somewhere like bed,bath&beyond that has online ordering. If someone asks, you can say so. If you have a shower, the person who throws it can put it in those invitations. Never put registry info on the wedding announcement or invitation.

I like you too.

No, do not put it on invitations. Yes, go register somewhere like bed,bath&beyond that has online ordering. If someone asks, you can say so. If you have a shower, the person who throws it can put it in those invitations. Never put registry info on the wedding announcement or invitation.

I like you too.

#5in2005 January 8th, 2013 01:29 PM

great advice from fw.

Welcome here and congrats.

Dh and I have 5 girls, and I never feel bad for him:D

2pinks&ablue January 8th, 2013 06:27 PM

Welcome and congratulations! I agree with FW :)

We have three girls, and one boy, all 5 and under :)

Just_Marie January 8th, 2013 08:23 PM

Congrats and welcome!

AmiraX4 January 8th, 2013 10:52 PM

Congrats!! welcome...
Since bridal registry is the norm....I agree dont put it on your wedding invites. Like the pp mentioned whoever is throwing your shower should be the one to take care of that..and also your word of mouth.