JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Large Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/)
-   -   Do you watch the news? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/2615666-do-you-watch-news.html)

#5in2005 January 17th, 2013 08:18 AM

Do you watch the news?

Or read the news on the internet?

I sorta keep up, but at times I just avoid it, I just don't want to hear it, so depressing. I guess I do prefer to read it.

I also feel like we're straying from just the facts and like to hype things up and make everything big and dramatic.

My sister is a social studies major, and her dh dreams of being a politician, so every so often I'll ask her what I need to know, or read up on something so we can argue:D

ValyntineG January 17th, 2013 08:32 AM

Re: Do you watch the news?

The media is so hyped and biased these days, I just can't even watch it. I read articles online, but that's it.

mom2many2010 January 17th, 2013 08:44 AM

I watch the local once or twice a week, mainly for the weather reports. National news I'll put on every once and while. I tend to read about the big stuff, go to both sides of the fence and the figure somewhere in the middle lies the truth. I also like to watch British news, they're a little less biased about our political system.

Momtothe6thpower January 17th, 2013 09:06 AM

I'm basically only concerned about the weather....I read more than I'd like to know about the world drama on fb. Everything seems to be one extreme or the other anymore.

UrbanMomma January 17th, 2013 11:41 AM

I read the Sunday paper

HalfDozen January 17th, 2013 11:59 AM

No news for me. Hubby will ask me every once in a while if I heard about this or that. Anything major gets posted on FB, and then I go look it up for the "facts". Other than that, I depend on hubby since he keeps up with it. I figure he'll let me know anything urgent. I just don't have the time to keep up on all of it or the energy to constantly read such terrible things.

clouise January 17th, 2013 01:03 PM

I read a few news sites online. We don't watch tv or get a paper.

Counting our Blessings January 17th, 2013 02:55 PM

We get a Sunday paper for coupons, so I read a bit than. I do keep up with the local paper, it only comes out once a week.

I don't watch the news, it's either arguing politics or doom and gloom and I just can't expend that much energy on it. I can't change it anyway.

AmiraX4 January 17th, 2013 03:40 PM

I read it sometimes and sometimes in the early morning I will watch it, but other than that Dh keeps me up to date.

2pinks&ablue January 17th, 2013 05:54 PM

I watch the local news now and then, and read it online sometimes, but that's it.

Farmers-wife January 17th, 2013 07:09 PM

I read a lot on line. Never watch the news, local, national or otherwise.

mommy2lilmen January 17th, 2013 09:34 PM

No news, too depressing.

Just_Marie January 19th, 2013 05:38 PM

I'll watch the first ten minutes every evening at 6pm once the kids are in bed, otherwise if its that important to me it'll be on FB within the hour of occurring

Repti.Mom January 20th, 2013 02:32 PM

Channel 4 every morning from 5:45-6:30. During the week anyway. Sometimes I even watch those cheesy shows after the news, The Talk? They seem to be a neutral news site, not like Fox is (supposedly I don't see it lol).