JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Large Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/)
-   -   Dr appointment (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/2618520-dr-appointment.html)

mommy2lilmen January 25th, 2013 03:19 PM

Dr appointment

Had my gynecology appointment yesterday, I turned it into an OB appointment on my dr. Origninally was supposed to have a papsmear, never happened. He was so understanding and caring about my concern about this pregnancy. He went over my options and booked me in for an NT scan . I asked him about my risks and babies risks. he told me basically its like playing the lottery, previa doesnt always happen but it can in my case since I have had it befor, clots that I had was a result to the placenta tearing and healing and didnt heal right.. so thats not a concern. Not what he told me about 8 months ago. Back then he had said my health and babies health was at risk if I got pregnant again. What a guy ! He told me that I have to start thinking for myself, screw everyone else, and to take care of myself if I continue with this pregnancy. I have to figure out how we will tell the kids as they are all asking as it is. I am nervous for my NT scan, as I never had one done befor. He was so sweet, my last pregnancy he was so sarcastic that I thought for sure I was in for it again. I was ready to shoot the dr out the door and get a new one BUT he proved to be sweet so I am keeping the dr. He is very understanding and is willing to even counsel myself and my husband if we need any to get through this. so I have my next OB for Feb 20 and my NT for March 5. Wish us luck that the rest of this pregnancy continues to go smoothly.

~mommy~ January 25th, 2013 04:44 PM

Re: Dr appointment

Glad it's good so far and hope it continues to do so.

mommy2lilmen January 25th, 2013 06:33 PM

Its just strange to not get a dating scan yet, usually I have them done by 8 weeks. But I am glad Im getting one at all.

AmiraX4 January 25th, 2013 07:45 PM

Thats great its working out with your doctor and you have your NT scan scheduled. Sounds like good news so far and I hope things continue to go smoothly for you.

#5in2005 January 25th, 2013 07:55 PM

Glad to hear that your dr is being so much better about it.

clouise January 26th, 2013 08:06 PM

I'm glad your doctor is being understanding....I hope things continue to progress well.

Lotsakids January 26th, 2013 10:22 PM

Glad to hear the appointment went well :)

UrbanMomma January 27th, 2013 06:03 AM

Good to hear. It seems you are doing a lil better now, thats good.

mommy2lilmen January 27th, 2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UrbanMomma (Post 27020163)
Good to hear. It seems you are doing a lil better now, thats good.

A bit, but still have this strong guilt over coming me. Guess cus I know this is a big decision I have to make for my family whether this is right or not for them. I just feel like the pressure is all up to me. DH has made up his mind but will support me regardless and I dont know if thats helping me or not.

2pinks&ablue January 27th, 2013 10:36 AM

I'm glad things are good so far, and that you like your doctor!

mommy2lilmen January 27th, 2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2pinks&ablue (Post 27020931)
I'm glad things are good so far, and that you like your doctor!

Its a love hate relationship with my dr. I love his outgoing honest opinions, but his bedside manner can be rather rude and hurtful. I guess for quality comes a bit of sacrifice. :) It was the talk that showed what kind of a dr he is. I thought I knew, I guess we learn new things every day.