JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Large Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/)
-   -   "max" number of kids (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/2639025-max-number-kids.html)

#5in2005 March 29th, 2013 05:58 PM

"max" number of kids

I know we all have "large" families but we still vary in size a lot.

I wondered what is the most kids you could picture yourself with? If you're older-ish take that out of the equation. Could you see yourself with 18 kids while managing it all and maintain some sort of sanity?

For myself, I am really happy with my 5. I guess I could picture myself with 8. (but I can then see that 8 wouldn't be all that different from 9, but anyways). I could picture myself with 8 kids, but I couldn't imagine being pregnant while taking care of everything, so they would have had to have landed on my doorstep.

HalfDozen March 29th, 2013 07:26 PM

Re: "max" number of kids

I don't know if I have a max number of kids in mind. I suppose 8 or so. Hubby keeps mentioning me going to a different hospital if I have to have a c-section this time so they can tie my tubes. The one I deliver at is Catholic so they won't do it. I'm still not ready to say "we're done" and could totally see us with 6 easily. After that, I feel like we'd really have to give a lot of thought to what kind of car we would use, etc.

MIL2lissy8 March 29th, 2013 07:39 PM

i did just fine with my 4 plus the daycare i ran and the neighbor kids that practically lived at my house. i could have handled 2 or 3 more on a daily basis. but 18, not a chance!!!!!

mom2many2010 March 29th, 2013 09:02 PM

Honestly if I had to I could do one more, but I like where we are at right now. Kailyn is pretty independent and while she still wakes at night, and get's up SUPER early. I am finally getting sleep, well when insomnia isn't kicking in.

Jenilope March 30th, 2013 05:42 AM

I can imagine up to 6. If we had more than that, I think we would adopt, I have a hard time with pregnancy and really can't imagine keeping it together with more than six kids and a pregnancy. Huge hats off to those of you who can handle more!

UrbanMomma March 30th, 2013 07:49 AM

Well I always figured I could do one more than the number I have, which is why I am not done yet. However now I feel kinda done, more done than I ever have before. I feel like we are out of room now. I could probably do twelve, but that would be it!

Repti.Mom March 30th, 2013 08:04 AM

I don't think I have an answer to this one. I know if we have even one more we have to get a new vehicle, so after that it wouldn't be a big deal anymore really..

mamato4andc March 30th, 2013 10:23 AM

I don't really have a max but I only have 4 so maybe ask me when I've had a few more LOL. Right now, I would love a couple years of sleeping through the night before I have anymore.

~mommy~ March 30th, 2013 11:03 AM

Would have loved 8-12.......My Grandmother had 10 (11, but one passed). Dh and I had talked and planned for that many, but once we got to 6 he decided he was done....:( Now that our youngest is able to do the stairs and we have removed the baby gate and they are becoming more self sufficient, so I will be able to travel with dh more (the reason he was done, he wants me to be able to travel with him).
Plus, this summer, I'm hoping to get the 2 little girls potty trained. NO MORE DIAPERS!!!
I'm slowly, getting on board with the next phase of my life.
Looking forward to grandchildren though....HOPEFULLY in about 10-15 years.

mommy2lilmen March 30th, 2013 07:29 PM

I thought 5 was the max number but my ex made me get my tubes tied so my max at the time was 4. then I met my husband after I left my ex and we wanted to make it 5. Then 6 came then 7 lol then we said screw it, keep going. BUT this is our last, I say last because of the scare I am having this time. SO with that said, 8 is enough!

Genipher March 31st, 2013 10:35 AM

We've always said we wanted at least 12 but it's really as many as God will give us!

Counting our Blessings April 1st, 2013 03:46 PM

I's also however many the Lord sends. We are expecting number 10 in a about a month :smile:

There are days when I felt I've lost my marbles, but honestly, that happened when we only had 2,3, or 4..... No matter the number, being a Mommy is hard work!

Hubby said to me last night, "Do you realize you have been pregnant 90 months total?!" Wow, and there are days I certainly feel it and my body shows it :p

sarahlorrain April 1st, 2013 04:50 PM

I could see having maybe one more, so a total of 6, max.

clouise April 1st, 2013 08:08 PM

No I can't see myself with eighteen kids, lol.

I always wanted six. I'm sure I could handle a few more if I needed to, but six seems like a nice number. It seems that we will just have our four though. And I do like having four.

Farmers-wife April 1st, 2013 08:32 PM

10 years ago I would have said bring more on. But I am old and tired now. The house is small, but I have room for one more in the van. I could see having one or two more if we get the room added on.

AmiraX4 April 2nd, 2013 09:49 AM

OH man not 18, this will be our 8th and Im good with that, but we will see.

Indymommy7 April 5th, 2013 05:34 PM

I'd have loved to have had 10.... with circumstances the way they are though (not being able to conceive in the conventional way, 2 c-sections, thinning uterus, and let's face it, time's not on my side) we're trying for our last one (which will make it eight) after the little guy is done breastfeeding and I'm ovulating again.

He's not in any hurry to wean so we're looking at trying again next year at this time. Then it's it :(

Christi_Momof16sofar April 5th, 2013 06:27 PM

I could easily see 18, since preggo with #17, sometimes we think maybe 19 to 20, but who knows I am 42.

aln030482 April 7th, 2013 07:03 PM

Would really love 10, but with repeat c-sections, 8 is probably going to be our number.

tryn1998 April 8th, 2013 08:58 PM

I could see myself with 7 ultimately but we'll stop at number 5 for sure IF we decide to have another. I just had my 4th so I'm not ready to be pregnant again. Part of me says to be done since pregnancy is getting harder on me, and another part of me says that I want just one more. I wont decide until Xander is about 1.5-2.