JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Large Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/)
-   -   what is going on (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/2647452-what-going.html)

mamato4andc May 1st, 2013 12:20 PM

what is going on

So I have never in my life been late unless I was pregnant. I had my first af after baby March 29th (I'm breastfeeding) but af has still not shown up. I took 2 $1 store tests and they're both negative. Has anyone got a negative after af should've been there and still been pregnant?

aln030482 May 1st, 2013 02:42 PM

Re: what is going on

Exclusive breastfeeding is known as a very reliable birth control method for the first six months, or at least that is what I've been told from many moms, because it essentially 'shuts down' the ovulation process.

Personally, I had maybe one or two period's while breastfeeding my lil' one's for the 13 months I exclusively breastfed, but they were far from regular. I used to test every 5 weeks just to make sure I wasn't expecting again, but they were always negative & I wasn't pregnant. I didn't get any regular period's until after about 2 months of stopping breastfeeding.

Is this your first time breastfeeding?

Farmers-wife May 1st, 2013 03:25 PM

Sometimes if you wait too long to test the test reads negative because the hgc is too high. Can you get another and dilute the urine with water. Maybe half and half? And see. Or it could just be wonky cycles still. Hope it turns out the way you want.

mamato4andc May 1st, 2013 04:08 PM

My "baby" is almost 18 months and I didn't have any af's until last month. My last two babies were conceived when I was still breastfeeding their older sibling.

HalfDozen May 1st, 2013 04:21 PM

With my 1st I had regular periods even though she was exclusively breastfed for 12 1/2 months. With my 2nd and 3rd, once I had my first period, they were all regular. My 4th was breast fed for about 14 months. I had her in August. I had my first period in the following March. Then I didn't have another one until the end of May/beginning of June. I was certain several times I must be pregnant because never before had a I "missed" a period, even when breastfeeding and tested a couple of times during AF's "absence". Then I had a normal period in July, and then I ended up pregnant before the next one would have come along.

So, from my experience anyhow, I've never had a negative test when I was actually pregnant, but my 4th taught me that every pregnancy and nursing experience is different. Now I know that I shouldn't panic if my periods come back irregular at first, but it seems to indicate that I'm becoming fertile again. ;)

UrbanMomma May 1st, 2013 05:36 PM

My cycles never even out for 2-4 cycles after having baby.

mamato4andc May 2nd, 2013 12:26 PM

Well I took a First Response test this morning and I see a faint line. Hubby doesn't believe it's a line but he didn't with the last one either lol. I'll take another one tomorrow.

mamato4andc May 3rd, 2013 10:22 AM

Took another First Response and there's definitley two lines!

aln030482 May 3rd, 2013 04:34 PM

Congratulations!!! :)

mamato4andc May 3rd, 2013 05:35 PM

I took another one and it was barely there. Does that mean I'm miscarrying :(

mommy2lilmen May 3rd, 2013 07:52 PM

no! It could mean the urine was too diluted :)
Relax. If you can. ;)

MIL2lissy8 May 3rd, 2013 09:41 PM

well surprise, surprise, surprise!!!! thats pretty exciting news, i'd say! congrats....