JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Large Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/)
-   -   Last Day of School (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/2650947-last-day-school.html)

clouise May 16th, 2013 07:16 AM

Last Day of School

When are your kids done with school this year? Either public/private or homeschool....

Any summer plans?

My five year old is done with preschool next week. The older two have four more weeks of school.

We'll mostly be home this summer. We have a couple of camping trips planned. One kid is doing a week long art camp (just during the day), and all four are going to Vacation Bible School which I'm also teaching at. And we are buying a summer pool pass...I'm excited about that.

Momtothe6thpower May 16th, 2013 11:08 AM

Re: Last Day of School

Tomorrow is their last day!! Nothing big planned...just the usual summer time activities and lots of sleeping in!

#5in2005 May 16th, 2013 11:51 AM

Tomorrow???? Nice!

The last day for the younger ones is June 18. My oldest has class till June 21 and exams the week after, but she's done done on the 25th I think.

We are going on a big roadtrip, down to Great Falls Montana, yelllowstone, cut across to the coast, go visit dh's brother and then home again. I think we'll be gone for about 16/17 days. We've never gone for this long, we usually don't go any longer than 3 nights, but our dairy cows are gone so this is the summer to do it. We'll also do our usual close to home camping for a weekend or 2.

wishing May 16th, 2013 11:56 AM

my kids aren't done until like June 28th or 29th I haven't looked at the calender yet...lol

we don't have plans set right now as money is a big issue. Will play it by ear.

aln030482 May 16th, 2013 02:35 PM

My 3 homeschooled children are done June 13th, my 2 brick & mortar children are done May 31st, & my pre-schooler is done June 4th.

We did have a week's vacation planned at the beach, but because my DH decided to change jobs (I'm really not happy about this), we aren't sure. I'm thinking I'll probably take the children out of state to visit family & I'm sincerely hoping my DH can manage a day or two off of work so that we can go camping.

UrbanMomma May 16th, 2013 04:04 PM

My oldest sons last day of school is May 23rd, he graduates June 1st.

My 14 yo in public school is done June 13 and the others in charter school are done June 21.

Jenilope May 16th, 2013 06:38 PM

My preschoolers are done next Thursday. They'll have 2 weeks off (one a the lake with Grandma) then they'll do some light homeschool lessons on the week days to keep them practicing their basics (not to mention inside and quiet durring nap/peak sun hours.) They also will take ballet, gymnastics, swimming and soccer classes (one day a week each for 45 minutes) through our parks department. And we have a pool so I'm sure they'll spend plenty of time practicing what they learn in their lessons.

Other than that, my husband takes them out a couple times a week to practice riding their bikes (we don't have a good spot at home for that) my oldest turns 5 on the 4th of July so most of the relatives will be visiting that weekend, and our new baby will be here before the new school year starts!

HalfDozen May 19th, 2013 01:24 PM

My older girls are done mid-June. We do an annual trip to the beach, and we'll still be doing that. I'm also planning on visiting some family out of state for a week or 2 before I have to go back to work.

cnote May 26th, 2013 04:21 PM

My preschoolers are done. The kindergarteners are done June 12th. My mom is coming in for the Kindy graduation and she is going to stay a few days here along with my MIL and watch the 4 kids so DH and I can do a mini vacation for 3 nights to Virginia Beach.

Other plans...a week of Vacation Bible school, 4 weeks of day camps, & pool pass. I plan on hitting up the thrift stores & garage sales as much as I can this summer to resell on ebay. I bought disney bear for $3 a couple weeks ago and sold him for $100. He was really rare.