JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Large Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/)
-   -   Vacation Opinions Please!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/2658356-vacation-opinions-please.html)

Babymakes8 June 13th, 2013 10:47 AM

Vacation Opinions Please!!

Eventually, we will do all of these, I hope, but for right now we're having a hard time deciding WHICH to do? We'll be taking the kids, as no real child care arrangements have come about, other than dumping our kids on FW if we go to FL.

Here's our choices....

Mackinac Island in Michigan. Automobiles have been banned from this historical island since the late 1800's. Only way to the Island is a ferry from the mainland, and means of transport ON the island are horse and buggy, horseback, foot, or biking. It sounds fabulous to me!

Florida - where we'd rent a house for a week and my friend who lives just North of Ocala has offered to keep the kids ON our actual Anniversary so Dh and I could go to Sea World alone, but not so we can do fishing on Lake Okeechobie (sp?).

Drive through New England States, doing some camping, and go to Maine to see some lighthouses and possibly whale watching, and hit Niagra Falls on the way there or back, one or the other.

So what would you choose? I'm really leaning towards Mackinac Island. I've never been to Michigan, either, and it sounds fun. Finding a hotel where our whole family can stay close to the Island for less than a mint will be the biggest issue I think.

MIL2lissy8 June 13th, 2013 12:51 PM

Re: Vacation Opinions Please!!

they all sound nice to me....I would want to do the drive through the northeast area....

Momtothe6thpower June 13th, 2013 02:21 PM

I want to live on that island, lol!

With kids? Probably Florida.

#5in2005 June 14th, 2013 07:00 AM

It's pretty hard to choose. I would pick the third option if it were me, but that's because I think we're road tripping this year and what I've always wanted to do. But that one also sounds like the most work, so if I were you, I'd pick one of the others where you're not moving around. That island sounds fantastic.

UrbanMomma June 19th, 2013 01:16 PM

I have never been to Mackinac and I live in Mi. I hear it is nice, but expensive.

I'd go to FL, but thats because I'd be going to visit FW if I went there.

Whatever you do, have fun. If you go to Mackinac and drive by/near Detroit, hit me up.

Babymakes8 June 19th, 2013 01:21 PM

Well, since he just bought that car, we might just keep it to activities in Ohio. We will see though!!

Expensive doesn't sound fun lol but hitting you up does, UM! Especially if it's after your little one is here!! :)

Crashing in on FW would be awesome, too.

OH heck, I'd like to meet all of you ladies for real!

HalfDozen June 21st, 2013 01:16 PM

If it were me, I'd skip the Florida trip during the summer, but that's mainly because I hate the heat, and it can be miserable down there in the summer!!

Counting our Blessings June 27th, 2013 05:35 PM

I would say number 1. But you could always save your money for a large family meetup ;)