JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Large Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/)
-   -   Asking for an outside KiCk !!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/2692086-asking-for-outside-kick.html)

AmiraX4 November 13th, 2013 08:51 AM

Asking for an outside KiCk !!!

So Im wanting to loose about 20 more lbs. I have done really well so far and have lost my pregnancy weight but I want to really get down to my 'old young self' ..lol... I dont want IRL friends to comment or anything on why I want to lose more weight or anything and I just to lose it as a goal for dec 25th.

I think that is plenty of time to lose it and it would make ME feel good.

So if anyone would like to lose with me or hold me accountable to weekly weigh ins. I would appreciate it. I just think that if I had to report it to someone, it would motivate me to lose it. I will start from today. and every week at least I will report in. (weds) I will also reply with any loss or gain in between that too if Im up to it.

Here goes!!

Day 1 ----0 lbs

Farmers-wife November 13th, 2013 01:03 PM

Re: Asking for an outside KiCk !!!

I'm in. I have gained 5 back from our big loss since #9 was born. So I need to get back on it. I need to not drink sweet tea, which I am addicted to like crack. So today I weigh 190#. I will weigh in next Wednesday here. Good idea. Thanks for including us. Going to fill my water cup now.

AmiraX4 November 13th, 2013 03:56 PM

All right!!! Do you have a date set for a goal? do you plan on losing a certain amount of weight? or just to lose whatever comes off?

Farmers-wife November 13th, 2013 05:08 PM

I'm going with your date and goal. 20 pounds by Christmas.

AmiraX4 November 13th, 2013 05:34 PM

Awesome!!

MIL2lissy8 November 13th, 2013 08:09 PM

well I wasn't gonna tell anyone but it looks like I am in! long story short, I got a report from my dr that I am very very close to diabetic and that I must lose weight. I joined a medically supervised program and started today actually. I am starving but not horrible. I can do it!!! I am starting at 183, I think it was, and I go 5 days a week. my immediate goal is 20 pounds in ten weeks so probably in January some time. with all my meds, its gonna be a slow process.

AmiraX4 November 13th, 2013 08:47 PM

Sorry to hear that. I agree YOU CAN DO IT!! you have already taken the first steps with that program. good for you!

Can you eat a protein heavy ie low carb diet to help with the hunger issues? Im not sure what type of diet must follow a diabetic but I love that you can meet 5 days a week. I hope its not to hard on you and that the meds dont cause you havoc and that you can meet your goals.

Farmers-wife November 14th, 2013 06:11 AM

Good luck mil. You can do it. You just have to want to.

UrbanMomma November 14th, 2013 08:54 AM

Me. I am in too. I would like to lose 20 lbs, but I will say 10-12 by Christmas.

Terre, you can do it!!

Ohhh and I am not sharing my starting weight...LOL

MIL2lissy8 November 14th, 2013 11:16 AM

ok gals -- first I am on a VERY low carb, high protein diet. I was hungry last night but found out that I had two more servings of protein that I could have had so I know today will be easier.

I went and got weighed this morning and I got reassurance that this might work for me -- I lost 3 pounds already!!!

AmiraX4 November 14th, 2013 02:06 PM

Anyone good any good tips on taking the weight off fast?? or just any tricks or well...just anything..lool...

What are you all doing to lose the weight? For me, im watching my carbs and for me that is hard when it comes to rice! we everything with rice, rice made a million different ways, long grain basmati rice...oooh man...im veering off ....

Anyhow, my weakness is rice and pizza so they are OFF LIMITS COMPLETELY! No sugar, and I drink alot of my special spicy lemon water ( its fresh squeezed lemon juice from 1 lemon, about 1 tbsp of cayyenne pepper , and water. )

It helps me get rid of the desire to snack and the lemon helps with inflamation and the pepper helps boost metablolism.

So theres a few of my tricks...whats yours?

~mommy~ November 14th, 2013 02:16 PM

I have been trying to lose 20 pounds for the past month. :( I haven't even really lost 1. I feel so defeated. I eat next to nothing. I had been working out, but after 3 weeks and no change on the scale, I figured, What's the point. I would love to join the bandwagon and encourage one another in a journey together.

MIL2lissy8 November 14th, 2013 05:09 PM

maybe eating 'next to nothing ' is the problem. I heard that if you don't eat enough calories, your body goes into starvation mode and starts holding on to all your weight.

I doubt my 3 pounds was really anything but water but who knows....it still felt good to see the number be smaller.

HalfDozen November 14th, 2013 08:23 PM

With still nursing, I'm not trying to lose any more weight right now, but here are a couple things that helped me in the past:

No desserts after dinner. If I wanted dessert, I could have it after lunch, but not before bed.
Drink water. I never liked it plain so I would add lemon, lime, or orange to it. I really think that made the biggest difference.
Cut the portion sizes. I started giving myself more of what I expected some of my kids to eat (they were maybe 8-10 at the time). And I didn't allow myself seconds.

Obviously, these won't work for everyone, but it at least started me in the correct direction.

Good luck, ladies!!!

AmiraX4 November 14th, 2013 08:51 PM

^^thank you!! and I agree about watching portion sizes. Even for my children. In general the amount we put on our plates is much more than we really need.AND water water water but no need to over do it. I do loves me my lemon water too though!

MIL---YYAAHHOO!! good start!!!

Mommy~ I agree with Terre, Maybe your not eating enough? and sometimes the inches are coming off but you dont see it on the scale. Please dont get discouraged you can do it!! we can all do it!!

Tonight was a failure for me I have to say. We went to the mall and we bought food and aunt maries pretzel sticks . soooo ya....I will make up for though in the next 2 days.

meant2bemommie November 14th, 2013 09:40 PM

I want to lose about 15 pounds, 20 would be amazing but I just can't find the push! I really need to lose it though. I think when I am a little smaller I have more energy and just feel good about myself. Right now I feel like a walking blob. LOL

Oh those are the best pretzels!!!

AmiraX4 November 20th, 2013 07:37 AM

6 lbs down!!!!

I knew I would make the 4 lbs mark but yesterday I was down and thought I should post my loss because of course I was afraid I would wake up today and that loss be less ( water weight im sure ) but it was 1 more less today sooooo today is a GOOD day!!

1 week --6lbs YYAAHHH!!!

MIL2lissy8 November 20th, 2013 08:35 AM

woo hoo amira!! i am happy to say that i have almost 7 pounds lost!!!! i know it won't stay at that rate but 7 pounds or even 6 like you in a week is AMAZING. that said, i am so hungry right now!!!! go us!!!

Farmers-wife November 20th, 2013 08:44 AM

I think I found them. I'm up 4 pounds from last Wednesday. I'm getting serious now. I'm at 194. Uncool.

UrbanMomma November 20th, 2013 11:56 AM

who the hell can lose 7 lbs in a week?

I can't lose anything and I am off carbs, watch my calories, portions, and exercise daily. My job alone is a workout and I move fast enough to work up a sweat, plus I am climbing up and down and lifting boxes for 5 hours.

I can't even lose a few ounces!!