JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Large Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/)
-   -   Time spent doing homework with all the kids (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/2694437-time-spent-doing-homework-all-kids.html)

AmiraX4 November 24th, 2013 01:26 PM

Time spent doing homework with all the kids

How many hours a day do you think you spend doing homework with your kids combined?

Solveig November 24th, 2013 01:53 PM

Re: Time spent doing homework with all the kids

Our kids do their homework together around the dining table so I can't really say.

UrbanMomma November 24th, 2013 03:34 PM

I don't do homework, that's their job, not mine. If they can't figure it out....ask an older kid.

Farmers-wife November 24th, 2013 03:38 PM

I sit from about 9am til 1pm working with different ones on their school work. Sometimes in the evening I have another math session with the big girls.

cybele November 24th, 2013 04:00 PM

I only help if they ask.
DH does Sasha's reader with him every night, usually takes 5-10mins.

#5in2005 November 24th, 2013 04:13 PM

0 hours.

Like UM said, it's their homework not mine. I answer a question here and there, but that's about it.

Alison79 November 24th, 2013 06:25 PM

We homeschool - so no homework, but I spend about 1-1.5 hours a day doing school work with the kids. We typically do the same subject at the same time with all the kids, just at different levels. The older ones do much of their work on their own and just ask for help when needed.

mom2many2010 November 24th, 2013 07:41 PM

When my older were in school, maybe an hour, but that wasn't me sitting right there with them. They did it on their own.

Cole needed more one on one and would only do his homework before school in the mornings.

now I homeschool. Aiden needs a lot of my attention as he is learning concepts. The other two call on me as needed.

Repti.Mom November 25th, 2013 08:24 AM

I hate homework. The older kids do their own. Now that they do ipads in middle school Noah hardly has homework ever. They just do it during the day on the programs on the ipad. It's kinda nice.

Jayde cries about her homework every night, but I don't help her, unless she needs something like to log into a word program on the computer to type something.

Sydney's teacher is awesome so she has 2 things a week, she's good at doing it in her free time, or right when she gets home.

RJ is supposed to do 15 minutes of reading a night, and then some math thing like IXL or xtramath on the computer at home. He usually only reads about 10 minutes and does math like 2x a week, because I did my 13 years of school and I'm over it! lol

AmiraX4 November 25th, 2013 08:35 AM

only 2 different grades to deal with during the day school but each pretty different lessons. with DD1 I quiz her on the list of spelling words and also help her with her reading that requires me to fill in 5 circles that say she read and then signatures.

Plus she sometimes needs a little help with reading the math equations so with her its about 30 mins a day or more depending. Then DH is addressing the night school homework.

DS4 being only in K, he is memorizing sounds and counting to hundred by 1's 5's 10's ect and then I give word of the week to write a few times and a couple of other activities. Plus his reading log---he is not able to read yet ( only site words ) so I mostly read to him and have him read the words he knows or find books that focus on those site words.

SO for him its about the same , then DH handles his night schoool as well as DD2's night school.

so an hour a day give or take doesnt seem like very much to me. but seems to be the norm.