JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Large Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/)
-   -   Can your Dh or SO....... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/2717458-can-your-dh-so.html)

AmiraX4 April 22nd, 2014 10:59 AM

Can your Dh or SO.......

Give each and every one of your childrens birthdates without any help from you?

What about you? How many major or minor mix ups have you had when llistingb-days , for example on forms or appoitments ect..?

~mommy~ April 22nd, 2014 11:02 AM

Re: Can your Dh or SO.......

lol not a chance that's why he has a wife and a personal assistant.for me i just have to say wait a sec. and flip through the rolodex in my head til I get to the right one..lol

angelinal09 April 22nd, 2014 12:03 PM

lol, I can't even do that, let alone him. ;) I feel like such an idiot sometimes when asked for my kid's birthdays or even their ages. It takes me a minute to figure out which birthday/age belongs to which kid.

Repti.Mom April 22nd, 2014 12:17 PM

I'm pretty good about it. DH can not give ages or b-days. Ages are usually pretty close.

Reminds me I have to call the insurance company and check out why they had Rebecca's birth year wrong when I picked up her antibiotics last time.

UrbanMomma April 22nd, 2014 12:30 PM

I can, dh not so much.

AmiraX4 April 22nd, 2014 02:13 PM

Wow..funny...

I really thought Dh was a special case and have been giving him such a hard time about it...the worst moment of him not knowing was when he was picking up some huge containers we had shipped from the UK.

The guy at customs or whatever its called was doing the 'mock interigation' / questions they ask for arrival suspects ...and the guy was like ..ok childrens names and b-days...loool...he litterally called me..because he couldnt get them right.!!

From what you all have posted , guess I cant be too critical..:D

side note: for me, I know them all, but also have to think through it sometimes and I have booked doc appts and name and b-day didnt match...lool...

#5in2005 April 22nd, 2014 03:02 PM

I rarely get mixed up on their birthdays or how old they are.

Dh gets the nov 2 and 6 birthdays mixed up sometimes and frequently will say they're a year younger than they actually are.

partyofeleven April 22nd, 2014 05:00 PM

Nope, not chance. He could never do it. ;)

I do fine, as long as I have to list everyone in order. Ask me to toss out some bdays randomly and I'll need a minute or two. ;)

cybele April 23rd, 2014 03:57 AM

We're about even.

The only two I mix up are #3 and #4's, because their birthdays are three days apart. Sometimes I get them jumbled, but then I remember that #3 comes before #4 in not only age but in birthday date. I think he stuffs up that one too.

clouise April 23rd, 2014 07:01 AM

Yeah, we both can but sometimes it takes a minute. Like I was on the phone trying to make a doctor's appt for my sick toddler. They asked me her birthdate and I went blank...I said "Wait, she really is my baby. Just give me a second."

mom2many2010 April 23rd, 2014 07:21 AM

He can't, he might remember a month but that's it.

I can remember the dates, but not the years of the younger ones. I have to do the math. The older ones are easier I was married in 90 Ted was born in 91, two in 92 and one in 93. Easy peasy. Lol

clouise April 23rd, 2014 11:25 AM

http://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...2dbb545073.jpg

I saw this on facebook today and thought of this thread, lol.

HalfDozen April 23rd, 2014 02:27 PM

I can get the birthdates. Hubby can get most of them, but years are usually the roughest for him.

cybele April 23rd, 2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clouise (Post 28053945)
http://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...2dbb545073.jpg

I saw this on facebook today and thought of this thread, lol.

There is a joke that there are a few extra family members in our house, Salusudammitwhoeverdidthis and aznowaitditaSUNNY. They are to blame for most of the ill doing in this house.

deaths final kiss April 24th, 2014 12:36 AM

I'm able to list my children's, & dh's full birthdates, and parent's/a couple other close friends/family's month/day only. Most are written on a calendar though, or I'd never know.

DH is not too bad at the kids' either, although he has to ask me for all 3 occasionally.

babymama10 April 24th, 2014 04:18 PM

WE both do great on the birthdays. Its the years I get very mixed up at and he is awsome at remembering at and reminds me every chance he gets. LOL :)

mamato4andc April 30th, 2014 01:00 PM

We both remember all birthdates, ages. He even knows birthweights and lengths. We both get mixed up on times of birth because most were born around the same time of the hour.

sarahlorrain April 30th, 2014 01:37 PM

No. And he asked how to spell Clares name yesterday. Our oldest child. Who is 12.For what it's worth their birth dates all have the same numbers.
12/1
11/25
1/24
1/5
5/2
See? All 1,2, and 5 with the exception of that one 4. He should have been born the next day. Haha.

Kierasmom May 12th, 2014 01:21 PM

Yes

Armychic32 May 13th, 2014 09:09 AM

He has trouble remembering which kid goes to which day because the oldest and second youngest are only a week apart (but 8 years).

I'm pretty good at remembering them all, but I also have to go through the roledex, so sometimes it takes me a second!