JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   LDS Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f156-lds-parenting/)
-   -   Question . . . . . (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f156-lds-parenting/2350739-question.html)

Lynsann June 15th, 2011 10:20 AM

Question . . . . .

Okay girls - We've been ttc. It's taking longer than I thought with the m/c and everything, but I'm really fine about everything. I just figure things will happen when they're supposed to. ANYWAY - We are going to Lake Powell in August (we will be on a boat for 4-5 days) and then we are going to Boston a few days later. We have been trying to plan a Boston trip for years. If I were to get pregnant this cycle, which would be in the next few days, I would be 9-10 weeks pregnant during these trips. I'm thinking about holding off on ttc for a couple of months. 10 weeks is the WORST time for me with morning sickness. Part of me is like, just ttc and things will work out the way they're supposed too, but part of me really doesn't want to be sick on these trips! My dh said he's good with whatever because, in his words, "I have no idea what it's like to be sick-pregnant." LOL. Anyway, I really want another baby soon, but what's a couple months right? Do you think I'm being selfish?

Oh, plus, I need to lose 10 pounds to get where I want to be as far as pre-pregnancy. That gives me a couple more months. Thoughts?

mommy melisa June 15th, 2011 12:43 PM

Re: Question . . . . .

I plan things out like this as well. I don't think it's selfish. I wouldn't want to deal with morning sickness on my trips either. If you think you will enjoy your trips more then wait. Besides maybe the trips will help you to relax a little before ttc again and in the mean time you can lose the 10 lbs you want to lose.

Sorry about you miscarriage. :dothug:

Brittanie June 15th, 2011 03:55 PM

that's the worst time for me too, and honestly, I would not enjoy a vacation during that time. Especially since I get severely motion sick during that time so being on a boat and/or plane would be torture. I'd probably hold off. Not selfish at all, since your wellbeing needs to be taken into account to, and you're right, a couple more months won't make a big difference in the grand scheme of things.

:dothug: :dothug:

EmG June 15th, 2011 06:04 PM

I'm with the others. I don't think it's selfish at all to put off for a couple of months. Trips like that would be no fun sick.

Elsa June 15th, 2011 09:10 PM

I would totally hold off! Ugh, 10 weeks pregnant...on a boat...I'm ill just thinking about it!!! That is also the absolute worst time for morning sickness for me too. I don't think it's one little bit selfish.

Enjoy your trips...and who knows, maybe you'll conceive a Boston baby ;)

Lynsann June 15th, 2011 10:46 PM

Okay. Thanks girls. I can see that you're all with me. I guess we'll hold off for a couple more months! The only problem with that is I'll likely end up with a May baby, for the 3rd time! Maybe that's just my fertile time. LOL.

Butter June 16th, 2011 09:14 AM

For me, the first, oh, 30 or so weeks are terrible, so I'd just deal with it and continue ttc. Either way I don't think it's a big deal. Do what seems right to you.

stargatemommy June 16th, 2011 10:20 AM

It's not selfish to wait at all! I was having a similar dilema a few years ago. I decided that I would rather be pregnant than enjoy my vacation. I really wish I had waited because I did get pregnant, but I was miscarrying during my vacation. So not only was I not enjoying my vacation but I was also not getting a baby. I was miserable the whole time! I am not saying that would happen to you. I do think it's good to have time off and focus on you!