JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   LGBT Mommies and Mommies to be (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f302-lgbt-mommies-and-mommies-to/)
-   -   What do you identify as? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f302-lgbt-mommies-and-mommies-to/2547074-what-do-you-identify.html)

Gaby&Emmy'sMama July 8th, 2012 02:40 PM

What do you identify as?

Curious what everyone identifies as, at the moment :)

ashleighgurl July 9th, 2012 09:50 AM

Re: What do you identify as?

I identify myself as bisexual.

diggit July 10th, 2012 09:11 AM

It sort of depends on the group or person I'm talking to. A Label is really just the word we use to explain ourselves... so if I'm with family members who are a little bit more refined (read: sensitive) than myself I'll say the word Lesbian.. but when I hang out with some friends who are in the same boat as I am I usually refer to us as "the boys", myself as a "****" things of that nature.... overall I identify as my wifes wife, my kids stepmom, etc. If I had to check a box on a survey I'd check Lesbian. But I like the word gay better.

over.the.moon July 10th, 2012 02:19 PM

*gasp* I'm the only one who identifies as a lesbian? I feel alone and special all at once. ;)

I've always loved the word lesbian, it just sounds sexy. But I like **** too. I use it to piss people off. I'm not exactly a gold star, I've found men attractive in the past and I've slept with them, but I consider myself a lesbian.

Gray Sea July 14th, 2012 09:25 PM

I really hate labels! Even if you're straight up gay, I hate it. You're human, and that's the only label I accept!
But, if someone insisted on being all up on my sexual biz, I'd say *shudders* bisexual. But, I identify more as a lesbian, but since I am married to a dude, I don't wanna complicate my sexuality more than it needs to! LOL

childofmusic July 24th, 2012 09:07 AM

I am 100% bi-sexual! But I like using the word queer and dy.ke. BFF calls me "half breed", which just makes me laugh.

Mom2Addy&Lei July 24th, 2012 02:42 PM

I consider myself bisexual as well. My mother is a Lesbian but would much rather be called a dy.ke because she says Lesbian sounds like a disease and she doesn't like that because she is proud of who she is. That's my moms look on it.

ashleighgurl July 24th, 2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iloveyouAddyBear (Post 26312005)
I consider myself bisexual as well. My mother is a Lesbian but would much rather be called a dy.ke because she says Lesbian sounds like a disease and she doesn't like that because she is proud of who she is. That's my moms look on it.

LOL My mom is the same way!

purlyrocker July 25th, 2012 03:06 PM

I'm bi-sexual, which shocks the heck out of people! They always assume I'm lesbian. I have had more relationships with women, I married a woman, and I'm more likely to point out a hottie girl. So people assume I'm a lesbian. Then I check out some dude and all heck breaks loose!

Yes, I perfer the ladies. But I don't mind the fellas. Well, I'm a married lady now, so I stick with just Molly.

drama.geek August 9th, 2012 10:26 AM

If ya wanna get technical, I'm bi. I've dated guys, and I really though Captian America needed more shirtless scenes. But I usually refer to myself as a lesbian, I like the title better. I figure I'm with a woman, I'm in a lesbian relationship, I feel like lesbian fits me better. I like dudes, but I've always perferred relationships with women.

justjaQ August 17th, 2012 09:17 PM

other- pansexual & bigender

chillaxinbabe August 23rd, 2012 03:11 PM

Despite my "get drunk have sex with a boy get pregnant" thing, I do identify as a hard core lezzie. Yay girls, all the way!

Story August 31st, 2012 05:35 AM

I'm hetero-flexible panromantic :P

And for me, it's not a label saying your sexual orientation.. just like saying I'm a Canadian. It's not a label, it's who I am! :P

Cheshire September 1st, 2012 09:53 PM

I don't do labels because it's complicated. Married to a guy though so really, that's all that matters for now I suppose.

mercedes1987 March 22nd, 2013 01:55 AM

I am not sure what the label is: Female in body.....Male mind/sex drive/roles.

Also only date men, who are extremely feminine...or identify as "lesbian" or "bisexual" female.

justjaQ March 24th, 2013 07:24 PM

rachel, i know we talked the other day about this, but perhaps something simpler is just plain old broader-termed genderqueer. :)

mercedes1987 October 7th, 2013 06:11 AM

I am actually updating things.
I am in the transgender spectrum but i consider myself pansexual?

Hikari November 14th, 2013 06:37 AM

I am a lesbian ~

Rainbow Momma November 14th, 2013 09:37 AM

I am Lesbian. Althought i dont feel there should be labels, but thats the way society is at the moment. I am a woman who prefers other women, hopefully one day people will be able to get past labeling:)

threeofeach November 25th, 2013 03:03 PM

I put myself as 'I'm happy so get over it', but when i first came out I told people I was bi. I hate labels though. I like the way my brother puts himself, 'tutus and rainbow guyliner gay', though xD