JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   LGBT Mommies and Mommies to be (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f302-lgbt-mommies-and-mommies-to/)
-   -   We're a weird couple. Please be gentle... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f302-lgbt-mommies-and-mommies-to/2636863-were-weird-couple-please-gentle.html)

mercedes1987 March 22nd, 2013 01:49 AM

We're a weird couple. Please be gentle...

Hi, so I was a member of march ddc. 2013.
Baby girl (Mia) is 1 month old but was born early on feb 11 2013.
I just had a question for u guys.
My fiance and I are kind of weird. Looking at a glance we are an avg straight couple so to say. But the thing is, I don't identify as female even though my sex is female, and he doesn't identify as male, although his sex is male. He openly takes typical female roles, and I openly take male roles. Everything right down to sex. (tmi?). But we love eachother, I sometimes refer to us as lesbians in mind.. as I am kind of in the middle with my gender between male and female sometimes, but he is definitely more female. We do not dress opposite gender though. He proposed to me, yes, but I am going to be proposing to him back as he asked me to. I'm not sure what to call us, or where to talk about our different relationship. I tried googling it, but I can't find anything that is just like us. He loves the color pink and openly will sport pink accessories such as cellphone, cellphone case, pens, ect, even bracelet. He told me the other day that it is unfair girls get all the cute accessories and clothing while guys get generic same old stuff. He is so cute and I love that he is feminine and not shy about it with me. I hope I'm not posting in the wrong spot, but I don't want to feel like we don't belong anywhere.
We must be identified as something.
I just don't know what. Thank you. :) :sneak::(:confused:

ashleighgurl March 31st, 2013 10:57 PM

Re: We're a weird couple. Please be gentle...

Hi! I just wanted to say that this is a very supportive board, and you are welcome here! I don't know what to "label" you as - But, I'm not all about labels, either. :)

Gaby&Emmy'sMama May 20th, 2013 04:16 PM

Not your everyday couple, no.... but that doesn't mean a thing. You love each other, you're raising beautiful kids together :)

It MUST be really confusing to be in your situation, with society telling us what is 'normal' and what is 'right' as far as gender roles go!

check out www.shybi.com/forum - it's a really awesome place, and I know that when I was posting there a lot, there were members who were in similar situations as you. I generally don't like posting links to other forums on JM, but I know this board is really quiet, and I also know that when it comes to having 'alternative sexuality' (I hate that ANY sexuality is seen as alternative), having others to talk to who are in similar situations can really help... Hmm, I really should go back there and post myself!

feel free to email me if you want to chat!! my email is emmajane1626@gmail.com

HolaBebe June 4th, 2013 12:13 PM

I know this post is several months old, but I couldn't help replying...

Why label yourself or feel you must put a name on yourself or relationship? Embrace what you both have! I love that you found eachother!
Labels, names, sexual orientation, gender-restriction... they are all just products of society, IMO.

You are not weird.

Last, I love the site/forum mentioned above, you should check it out if you haven't! There are some amazing, very open and loving people on there that are more than willing to embrace you and whatever you call (or don't know what to call ;) ) your relationship!

Story July 22nd, 2013 06:10 AM

My boyfriend is gender-fluid and androgynous, loves and wears pink, he's more feminine than I am.
He sometime identify himself as a "she".
And I love it <3

mercedes1987 October 7th, 2013 06:16 AM

I've realized I'm attracted to whomever I am attracted to not based on sex or gender Pansexual is the term, however I feel I am an even mix of male and female gender. My current partner is Trans and is amazing, male to female, but is everything I ever wanted! (Mia's father an I broke up) but now everyone is scorning us in our small town where we live, there is little support for a couple like us, to the untrained eye we still look like a "Lipstick Lesbian" couple.