JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Loss of a Parent (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f228-loss-parent/)
-   -   Do you find yourself wishing (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f228-loss-parent/1893086-do-you-find-yourself-wishing.html)

lmunoz8517 March 1st, 2010 01:42 PM

Do you find yourself wishing

That your children could see what a great parent you had? Or that your parent could see you as a parent?

My mom passed away when I was 14 and I think a lot of times about how I wonder what she would think of her daughter all grown up and a mommy. And what her grandkids would think of her.

MountainMomma March 1st, 2010 04:05 PM

Re: Do you find yourself wishing

I do. My son barely remembers my dad and that kills me. I am getting ready to start foster parenting and I wish my Dad could see this. All my friends keep telling me how proud he would be of me and it makes me wish he were here that much more. It's even harder because I know he would have been super supportive and my mother is anything but supportive. :(

Just_Marie March 2nd, 2010 11:11 AM

My mom died 3 years ago, and I still wish everyday that she was here to meet my kids:(

emmiejack0810 March 3rd, 2010 12:19 PM

My dad died 2 days after finding out Emmie was an Emmie and it still hurts so very much to this day that he was never able to meet her and enjoy her in his life...

I know that he was so looking forward to being with her... I just think that he is watching over her everyday...

Perfectly~Flawed March 9th, 2010 11:58 PM

All the time. I know my dad would've said "Another stinkin girl" :lol: bout he'd be happy seeing his baby girl (me) become a mom. My MIL passed the day after finding out I was pregnant and she wanted nothing more than a grandchild. I wish she was here...

birdblue April 25th, 2010 10:44 PM

That your children could see what a great parent you had? Or that your parent could see you as a parent?

I am currently pregnant with my first, my due date is Aug17th. I do find myself feeling this way though. When i found out i was having a son at first i was overcome by happiness, my bf and my best friend were in the room with me when we found out the gender. As soon as i got out to the car and sat down my thoughts went to my father and sorrow washed over me when i realized that my son would not know his grandfather and vice versa. I am my fathers only child, and he was a wonderful father to me, i can only imagine how wonderful of a grandfather he would have been, especially to a little boy.

hearts.0nfire May 2nd, 2010 12:33 PM

I really do feel that way. I was a complete daddy's girl and I know he would have been so happy to have seen me married last year and now find out i'm pregnant. He would have been an awesome Grandpa too. We did have a loss last year so I like to think he's up there with Eli.

plan4fate May 7th, 2010 01:39 PM

Yes I do think of this. When he found out he was sick (they gave him 10 years) he told me a list of things to do in those 10 years. On the list was get married and have a baby. 3 years later I'm no closer to either than I was then. And he's gone, and it hurts. I know he'll be watching me, but it's not the same as if he was here to see it himself.

Tho, I've given him enough angel grandbabies he'll never be lonely

Jacobbbsmommy May 7th, 2010 10:25 PM

every day. my mom died when i was 17. she had 5 daughters by birth. she wanted a boy and said she just kept trying for one. i had the first boy in our family and every time i look at him i keep thinking of how special he would have been to her... i just kno she would have been his favorite person. granted my dad has taken a huge role in my sons life and is currently his fav right now :)

momoftwins June 28th, 2010 01:01 AM

Absolutely!! I really do think she'd be proud of me as a parent, but I would so love to hear her say that. She was always really good at telling me how proud she was of me, for everything! I am now doing that with my kids though. My 3 year old DD is now holding the doors open at restaurants and stores, etc for random people and I have to stop and tell her how proud I am of her and every time I do, I think of my mom doing those things with me.

~Allison~ August 11th, 2010 12:09 PM

All the time. I was 6 months pregnant when my mom died, and it kills me that DS never got to meet her.